Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Oopsy Daisy

First off, here's my BRAND NEW products for the week! Aren't you excited???? hehehe. Click HERE to go to my Store to pick up this weeks goodies for 20% off! Only $2.00 per wordart pack :)








And yes, I know that my blog is late. VERY late. But it's still here. hehehe. Let me go ahead and blog my day and I'll explain :)

First off, here's 2 pics that failed to make the blog yesterday. First one if me with my soda cup from the PX from dinner. Me and Edward :) hehehe


And the next one is me with the Cardinals cup that Tom and I got for Captain America. We thought he'd LOVE it since he LOVES the Cardinals. Go St. Louis!


Woke up at 6am on Friday. Yeah, too early. Captain America left for PT and I just couldn't fall asleep. I tried. I really did. And I probably dozed a bit, but I didn't fall back asleep. Around 7am (or a bit before), I got out of bed and went out to make breakfast for the kids.

I used the left over hot dog and hamburger buns from the picnic to make French Toast. Have you ever done that? Works out pretty good! You should try it some time. French Toast on Hot Dog bungs. It's a good time :)

Anyway, that took about 30 minutes or so, and by 7:45am, most of the people in the house were awake. I printed out my shopping list, and figured out what I needed to get and what I had, and at around 8 something my mom and sister and I headed to the commissary. Neither one had been before.

My sister wanted to start my diet. Well, a modified version of my diet. She was gonna do the last day of my "refeed" portion of my diet. The maintain portion. Where you add in a bit of starches, some breads, different fruits, more veggies, and different meats. And even a plain cookie. It's a good diet. She's a jogger, so she wanted to do something similar to my diet, but with more calories so she could still run. I'm getting close to that point too. Only 2 1/2 more lbs to go :)

Anyway, we walked around the commissary, shopping and filling up our carts. hehehe. They'd never had baggers before, and didn't really like other people messing with their groceries. I remember feeling that way when I first got here too. It's almost easier to just do it yourself. But I guess it's not all about that, though. That's the way the baggers make their money. And until the commissary takes that away, that's just how it is :)

Anyway, paid and packed the car with groceries, then headed home. I think it was around 9:30am when we got there. It took about an hour to unload the car and put everything away. I had all of my food, then the extra stuff my mom bought, then the stuff that my sister bought for herself and her girls. I gave her a few shelves in the fridge in the garage :)

I'd been having issues with the kids getting into the cereal and eating the whole box in a day, so I individually bagged out serving sizes for the cereal. Now a box should last for 2 days. hehehe.

So after all the groceries were done, I started on lunch for Captain America and my dad. I was making them Taco Salad. I cooked up the cooked parts, bagged up the salad parts, packed the chips and salsa and sour cream and bowls and forks and such, gathered sodas, got my lunches together, my sister made food her mom and her, and snacks for the kids, and we got everyone ready for the pool.

We loaded up in the truck, and my older boys were fighting HORRIBLY. I hate it when they do that. SO mouthy sometimes. They were fighting over who had to help who with the seatbelts in the backseat, and who was touching how. Tom and Jake were sitting right next to each other, and their legs were touching. Sigh.

We were 2 houses away from home when the really started in on it, and I slammed on the brakes, and made them get out and go home. I told them to sit on their beds, think about being nice to each other, and that I'd feed them when we got back. They both got out and walked back home (FYI, 12 & 10 yr olds can legally be left home for a few hours alone....)

The car was MUCH more calm and happy from that point on. It's amazing how contention can take that all away. I hoped that the loss of fun activity would help the boys realize that they needed to fix their behavior.

We headed to free lunch, and the little kids all enjoyed their lunch. Sandwiches and oranges and potato salad and milk. We took all the extras with us, and headed to the pool. We had to swing by the PX on the way for my sister to grab some Swim Diapers for her 18 month old. But we coudln't find them . We searched the WHOLE PX and couldn't find them. But we did find a swim suit with a build in swim diaper, so she got that. And it was only $10. Swim diapers for a month would have been more than that :)

We got to the pool, and Captain America met us there. I sat with him while he ate, and the kids swam. He was there for about 20 minutes, then headed home to pick up some stuff, then back off to work. He took sandwiches and milks and potato salad and oranges and sodas home to the boys and had a little talk with them about how to treat moms and each other.

We stayed for about an hour at the pool, and a BIG thunder storm rolled in. And some kid puked in/near the pool, so they had to clear it for 30 minutes. So we left. We gathered up the people, and headed home.

Jake and Tom were VERY remorseful for their fighting, and did SO much better for the rest of the day. See, loss of privileges is sometimes the VERY best course of action :)

We watched some movies at home in the afternoon, and just hung out. At around 3:30pm, the little kids and I made pizza crust. Ella and Jimmy had fun helping. We got them all ready to go by 4:15, and put them in the fridge until dinner time.

Ella and I :)


We cooked up the pizzas a little after 5pm, and had the kids fed and happy. Captain America got home at around 6:15pm, and the grown ups got ready to go out. Jake was babysitting, and they had ice cream to eat when we left, so the kids were all anxious for us to leave - hehehe.

Me getting ready for our grown up only date :)

Captain America and I at dinner.



We went to BJ's, and ate dinner, my mom, dad, sister, Captain America and I. It was a nice dinner. We'd called and made reservations before leaving the house, so when we got there, it was only a 4 minute wait. Which is SUPER fast if you've ever eaten at BJ's on a Friday night.

After dinner, my mom, sister, and dad went next door to Crispy Creme to get a free donut (the light was on - ha!), then headed back home. Captain America and I went out to the movies. Cause you know, it IS Friday night, and that's date night.

We went to see Iron Man 2, which started off as a good movie, but I fell asleep at the end. Not that it wasn't a good movie, but that I was SO tired. Cause I'd gotten up at 6am, and the movie didn't even start until 9:25pm. And the dark theater with someone warm to snuggle with didn't help. hehehe.

We headed home, and it was past 1am when I finally fell asleep, exhausted from a long day. And guess what? I didn't blog. Oopsy daisy..... So I woke up this morning, and got it done. I promise I won't fall asleep before blogging again - hehehe.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work :)



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Barb said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [18 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

jmutchler said...

You are looking great! Can you share your diet with me? I'd love to know how you have lost the weight.

jmutch at tampabay dot rr dot com

I ever be so thankful. Thanks!

TitanThirteen said...

Awesome WA, Thanks! :o)
And i'm jealous of that Twilight cup. Did they have Jacobs too?