Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Color Hair / Colour Hair

Wow, another longest day ever... hehe. I need to stop having those, and start having nice, relaxing easy days. If you see any of those lying around, please let me know....

I woke up at 7am, did scriptures and prayers, then went out and did a SUPER rush job of getting kids dressed and out the door. And yeah, Jimmy got in trouble. See, he'd come in a 6:30am asking to turn on a movie. And my standard rule is, NO TV before school. So I told him no. And yeah, when I came out at 7am, Eme and Joe and Jim were watching Scooby Doo. I was like, What the heck is going on?, and they were all like, Jim said he asked and you said it was ok.

So Joe and Eme didn't get in trouble, but Jim did. He lost his TV privileges for the morning. Usually once the kids get on the bus and his room and chores are clean, then he can watch something. Not today.... Tough lesson, but a good one to learn...

So that left me with a 5 year old to entertain until his bus came. hehe. We need to make sure that when we punish our children, we don't punish ourselves too. ROFL! Anyway, we snuggled in my room for a while, then around 8:30am, decided to go make cookies. SUPER yummy peanut butter ones :)

Here's the recipe...

2 sticks of butter (I used one butter, one margarine)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar

combine

mix in:
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Add:
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp soda
1/2 tsp baking powder

And I filled my cookie press with the dough, and used a pumpkin shape. They were pretty dang cute! hehe. And Jimmy helped me put 2 M&M's on each cookie.

Bake at 350 for 8 minutes. Super tasty cookies :)


See the homeschooler in the background, chillin' on the couch, feet kicked up, doing his homework on the laptop, jammies, hoodie. Yeah, that's the life, huh? hehe.

I think I ended up with about 8 dozen cookies. Tiny little things, but tasty :)

So once we finished up with the cookies, we put 4 dozen in a plastic container for us, and the other 4 dozen, one dozen at a time, on paper plates and wrapped them in saran wrap for our friends. And we got Jimmy ready for the day, and headed out to the park at 10am.

Laurie and Rowan came, and Jimmy and Jake and Rowan played for about an hour. And we left a plate of cookies for Laurie's family. It was some nice fresh air time. And at 10:50, we headed over to the bus.

We gave a plate of cookies to Elijah's mom, and to Maggie's family. They both seemed pleased with Peanut Butter cookies. See, don't you wish you were my neighbor too? hehe.

I hurried back home, and Leslie came over around 11:15am to color my hair. She does such a WONDERFUL job with it! Thanks, hon! It's because of you Jimmy thinks I'm only 18. ROFL!

Here's me with the roots covered.

And all of it covered for the last 15 minutes!
Jake was like, Um, WHAT did you do to your hair. hehe
When the color was about ready to come off, Leslie hurried back home to get some more cleaning/packing done (and took the last of the plate cookies), and I hopped in the shower to get it all rinsed out. Cause sometimes thats easier than the kitchen sink, you know..

Anyway, I still hadn't worked out, so after I showered, I put on my workout clothes, willing myself to work out. I didn't really want to, but I knew that it would help me feel good. So I decided to just put on the work out clothes and DO IT!

But after I ate lunch. hehe. So I cooked up my cheese and cucumber and got my apple, and sat down on the couch to watch an episode of Lie to Me with Jake and eat lunch, let it settle, then go walk/run. Sounded like a plan.

And within 3 minutes of the show, Captain America called and said that while he'd already eaten lunch and couldn't come home, he needed to leave Tobin Wells and come near post to get something, and asked if I wanted to meet him at Howdy's gas station for a soda? Sounded like a plan to me!

So I drove 10 minutes over to Howdy's, and sat in the car another 5 minutes waiting for him. And I got to looking at my burn, and it's looking even nastier now than it was before. Hmpf!
Captain America got there, and I gave him the remainder of the cookies (minus the ones I put in a baggie for the kids for after school...) for his soldiers. Those guys are gonna get spoiled. We got our sodas, and chatted for a few minutes, and he had to run. 5 minutes at Howdys. And I drove 10 minutes home. hehe. 25 minutes for a 5 minute visit. And you know what? I'd TOTALLY do it again. hehehe.

So once I got home, Jake was back to school, and I grabbed my phone and my headphones and out the door I went for a walk. I decided not to jog. Just walk. That cucumber was roughing up my tummy. hehe.

And I called my mom, and chatted with her the WHOLE time. It was so nice. She was on her lunch break, so she could take the time to chat! Worked out perfectly :)

I ended up walking for about 35-40 minutes, then headed back home. And sat down at my computer, and designed my final WordArt pack for the week. Yippee! Done a day before the deadline. I"m slowly getting ahead. hehe.

And Jake and I walked to pick up Jim from the bus stop, then came back home. And I showered AGAIN! I know, can you believe it! Twice in one day! hehe. But this time I fixed my hair and got all pretty. Cause sometimes you gotta do that :)



Apparently, unless I'm pulling a face, I can't get a good picture of myself. ROFL! So the other kids got home from school, had chips and bean dip salsa for snack, did chores, then played. Jake and Tom went to the park with Hunter and Braxton. Eme had some homework to do. Jim and Joe played in the driveway on roller blades, then moved to the kitchen and played with clay.

Eme went to the park after homework, and Jim was running in and out, and ended up SMASHING his finger in the door. Poor baby! I didn't know that child could yell that loud! And believe me, it was LOUD! It bled a lot, so we ran it under water for a while, then it stopped bleeding. I put 2 bandaids on it, and sat with Jim on the couch for a while.

And the kids all slowly started trickling back in from playing, and came to watch Dr Who with Jimmy and I. Season 3, Smith and Jones (LOVE that one!). Anyway, they were all rather offended that Jimmy was flipping them off. ROFL! I had to explain to EACH one of them that it was his injured bandaged finger, and that he was NOT flipping them off.
We had sandwiches and chips/salsa/bean dip for dinner. Yeah, crappy dinner, but I was holding an "injured" child on my lap all early evening.... I did have a child get me a bowl of yogurt for my dinner. And an apple. Works for me :)

And soon it was time for Scouts. I had the boys put on their uniforms, had everyone get shoes, and jackets, get Hunter and Braxton, and off we went. Here's me with my COOLEST fake leather jacket :) LOVE me some Savers, you know... And the hair turned out to be a pretty good color!We dropped off Eme and Tom and Jake and Braxton and Hunter at the church, and Jim and Joe and I headed out to Big Lots and Fallas Paredes. Just to look around. And no, I didn't buy anything there. See, I do have some self control! ROFL!

Here's an interesting toy I found at Big Lots. Yeah, what kind of parent puts a sand box in a little boys bedroom? Really? Have you never seen a real little boy before???

Jim and Joe were having SO much fun in the Big Lot's toy isle, but we had to make our way to Walmart next, so I managed to get them out the door. hehe.

At Walmart, I got a big Dry Erase board for our house, and some yarn to make a scarf for myself, and some new razors for Captain America (those replacement blades are SUPER expensive....), and some paper towels. And a rice crispy treat for 2 little boys who did SO good at the stores. If they always acted like they did tonight, they could be my shopping buddies any time. hehe.

We were driving back to the church when we got a text from Hunter saying their activities were done. Perfect timing. And here's Joe, sleeping in the truck when we got to the church.

We had to wait around a little bit, because Jacob was helping the bishop carry out some boxes from the library to his car, which was fine. The kids eventually all piled in the truck ,and we headed back to post.

And yeah, 7 kids ages 5-13, 6 of which are boys, 2 are 10 and 2 are 13 are NOT good on the nose. Someone (or someones) smelled NASTY! And yes, boys smell SO much worse than girls at that age. I'm just putting that out there. hehehe. I rolled down all the windows, hoping that the smell would be a little less, and it was, a little..... I just tried to focus on other things for the 10 minute drive home. ROFL! Smelly little boys :) hehe.

And Jake and Tom both helped me get kids into bed, and everyone was in their room, mostly asleep by 9:30pm. And here it is, 9:50pm. Captain America is still not home from work. Hmpf! I had fun last Wednesday when we went together to Wednesday night activities. Maybe next week.... They had a lot of big trainings today, or something like that... I guess the next couple of months are gonna be HARD. Then they deploy. Oh joy.... I know we'll get blessings for our service, though...

So, in honor of my NON gray hair, here's a Hair Coloring WordArt for y'all! Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!


8 comments:

deb said...

Awesome word art! That's how I feel about it some days. LOL Great lookin' cookies too. Maybe I need to make some!

Chris said...

This is So Perfect for Me,
I have been colouring My hair since I was a Teenager,
Loads of Different Colours!
And You put in the English Colour as Well!
Thank You So Much!

Marilou said...

rofl! You betcha! Thanks Bethany.

aquascrap said...

Phew!!! my hairs gone grey just reading about your day hehehehehe Great word art.... need to go and get my hair coloured sometime soon

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

Kylie said...

Thanks Bethany... especially for including "colour"!

kaightie said...

love this one used it as my profile pic as my hair is currently hot pink and black and my hubby hates it....

Karen said...

Just wanted to say I really appreciate you making a "colour" version of this WA! Thanks.