Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Eternal Life

So I didn't get a chance to blog about my date last night, so you get to see it today. hehe. When Captain America got home from work, we got the kids all situated and fed, and he and I headed out. We drove to the North East side and went to dinner at El Taco Tote. Mmmm, tasty :)

Here's Captain America and I on the way :)
CRAZY eyes! hehe
And after dinner, we headed to the Auto Parts store, because that's a very fun place, you know. hehe. Here's Captain America looking at switches or something...

And me - hehe
And then we stood around and chatted with the guys who work there about cars and trucks and parts and whatever else. Yeah, I didn't understand much of the conversation, but Captain America and the dudes seemed to be enjoying themselves :)

So, to balance out the Man store/Woman store ratio, we headed down the road to Fallas. hehe. I love me some Fallas, you know...

I found a few shirts for $2.50, and got fake Texas Longhorn shirts for Eme and I and Joe and Jim. UTEP colors with almost Texas logos on them. Works for me :)

We headed home, but not before I serenaded Captain America in the car with a loud rendition of Muse's, Feeling Good. One of my favorite feel good songs :)



So Saturday morning I was woken up at 7:30am ish to a rousing rendition of Jingle Bells AND Old MacDonald plucked on the cello. It was beautiful. hehe. But, I did manage to go back to sleep, and got up around 9am.

We were having a buddy of Captain Americas from work over for a BBQ around noon, and I had some cooking/baking to do. And a little cleaning. Very little. ha!

And guess what? You can put Rice A Roni in a rice cooker, and it cooks it! hehe. And I could just leave it and go make get the chicken ready.

I marinated the chicken in a Tomato, Basil, and Garlic marinade, with extra tomatoes, basil, and garlic. OMHeavens, it smelled SO good. Captain America helped me figure out how to get the grill started, and I put the chicken on to cook.

And I made the most DIVINE desserts ever. Seriously. And I made them in my new little baking dishes from the Dollar Tree. They were SO yummy :)

First off, I took a Jello No Bake Pumpkin dessert box, and took out the graham cracker part. And decided that it was definitely not enough for 8 little dishes. So I took a whole package of Graham Crackers (not box, but one package), and put them in the blender, and blended them into a powder. And mixed them with the No Bake graham crackers.

And added 4 Tbsp of sugar and 10 Tbsp of melted butter, and split it between the 8 dishes. Then, I prepared the pumpkin part according to the box. The pumpkin mix and 2 1/2 cups of milk. And put a layer in each of the dishes.

Then I took 2 boxes of pumpkin pudding mix (seasonal, too), 2 cups of milk, and 3/4 tub of cool whip, and blended it together for 2 minutes. And divided it between the 8 dishes. And topped it with the remaining cool whip. And chopped up a few walnuts and chocolate pieces and sprinkled that on top. OMGosh. DIVINE!
So we put them in the fridge to chill, and went about making the rest of the food. Corn and a veggie tray and rice and chicken and lemonade and fruit salad. And we had lunch at about 12:30pm. We sat on the back patio, and it was warm as long as the wind stopped. But it didn't, so I had to go and get a sweatshirt. hehe.

The guys went to work on the truck, and the kids went to play. Tom and Eme played at the park with friends, and Jake went to the pool with Leslies kids. Joe and Jim played in the backyard for quite a while, and watched a movie for a bit too.

I designed 3 WordArt packs, AND my part for the Impressions of.... for Scrapbook Graphics for November. Yeah, VERY productive, I was - hehe.

Here's Jimmy, being silly

And Captain America working on his truck

Joe and Jim watching a movie
And eventually, it was time for Laurie's little boy, Rowans, birthday party. So we loaded up, and headed over. Jake was super tired from playing at the pool for 2 hours, so eventually left the party and came back home.

But the other kids had a ton of fun playing and eating hot dogs and cake and stuff. I think I counted 20 kids and 6 families. hehe.

Here's some of the kids on the trampoline.


And signing to Rowan
And Tom and I in the kitchen
And we were home around 6pm. And Captain America's friend left, and we hurried and loaded up in the truck and headed to Old Fort Bliss to a pumpkin sale. But got there too late, and they were all gone, so just came back home. Good thing it's only 3 blocks away. hehe.

We let the kids get back to whatever it was they were doing before the party, and Captain America and I had dinner. We were going to go to the movies or the mall or something, but I wasn't really feeling too good. I wanted to just stay home and hang. So we popped in a movie, and watched it with all the kids. And then another one.

And here it is, 8:31pm, and we're 1/3 way through the 2nd movie. I like hanging with my family. They're a lot of fun, and I love them SO much :) So I'm gonna get off this laptop and go pay more attention to the movie - hehe

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!


4 comments:

Diane said...

thank you so very much for the spiritual uplift today! Love your talented words!! Be blessed! D :)

More of Mom's Special Moments said...

Love that quote. . sounds like a great day. . its started to rain in Oregon. . not sure if it will stop..:) ha!!

Shauna said...

Been a follower for awhile, just wanted to let you know that I love your blog and reading about all your daily adventures. I had to go listen to some Muse to see what all the hype was about ... can see why you are having all these concerts in your car ;)

Shauna
http://shaunawyrick.blogspot.com/
P.S - I have a contest on my blog this week ;)

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list