Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, November 5, 2010


First off, We're having a SALE at SBG! Use the above code to receive 35% off of your order in my store :) Enjoy!

Then, here's my new stuff for the week! Hope you like it! Click HERE to go to my store :)

Layout by Anne

Layout by Sharon

Layout by Diana

AND, it's Tom's 11th birthday today! I'm gonna make cookies on Friday, put them in baggies, and bring them up to his class in the afternoon. Here's the graphics that I had printed off :)

Howdy, girls! Wow, another long, fun, crazy day in the Harty Household :) I was up at 6:35, 6:45, and 6:55 am, then finally set my alarm for 7:07am. And just barely got the kids out of the door on time. hehe.

I went back to bed until 8:35am. And felt MUCH better. I'd stayed up WAY too late watching the first season episodes of Season 1, Glee. I'd never seen it before, and enjoyed it. The singing and dancing was pretty cool :)

Anyway, I got Jake and Jim all ready and situated, and Kari and Laurie came by to pick me up. We were gonna go hiking in the Franklin Mountains! I was pretty excited.

Here's me in the backseat, and the girls in the front seat

So we got to the parking lot, and started on our hike. And at first, I was good. But it soon became clear that these chickies were in MUCH better shape than me. But I managed to keep up mostly. I'm just glad that Captain America talked me into buying hiking shoes a few months ago. :)

We stopped at the top at these COOL caves

Laurie at the top of the mountain
Kari at the top of the mountain
See, I told you they were in better shape than me. I was DYING. hehe.
It kinda looks like there was a waterfall there at one point, huh?
So the other girls climbed up to the very top, but I knew my limitations. I was feeling like I was gonna puke, and knew that staying put would be the best thing for me. See, I'm good. I know when to stop. hehe. So here's me, hanging out in the cave. It was pretty cool. I think I need earmuffs next time I go. It kinda hurt my ears a lot...

One of these pics is of Laurie, and one is of Kari. If you follow the rock down from the top of the picture, to where it starts to go to the right, there's a little person standing on there waving. You can see their head and their arms. Yup, that's them.

My hiking shoes and Valentine's Socks
View from the cave

See, here's me with my hurting ears...

We saw quite a few of these cool caterpillars. I bet they were poisonous... Good thing I didn't eat one (or touch it...)

Coming back down was SO much easier than going up. hehe. Took different muscles, but at least my lungs weren't burning and I didn't feel like puking. ROFL! But you know, I LOVED it! We all decided that Thursday mornings were gonna be our hiking days :) And Wednesday was gonna be our Yoga day. Kari wants me to go to Spin on Mondays with her, but I'm kinda scared. I think it sounds pretty hard :)

So we drove home, and they dropped me off, and I hustled to get Jimmy ready for school. He'd missed the bus, but I still had plenty of time to get him to school. I got him some lunch, got him all ready, and we drove on up to the school.
I came back home, worked on the computer for a little while, and then at noon, Jake and I watched an episode of Fringe. It's kinda becoming our lunchtime routine. I'm loving it :)

I got back on the computer for a little while, and eventually went to take another nap. I know, I know, I've been sleepy a lot lately. Really, it's because I haven't been going to bed early enough. Maybe tonight will be the night. ha!

Anyway, I woke up right before Jim's bus, and went and picked him up. We came back home, and hoped back on the computer. I was making baggie toppers for ziplocks with cookies in it for Tom's birthday! I designed those, and got them sent to Walgreens RIGHT before I had to leave to go and pick up kids from AQ.

Joe and Jim and Jake were at home, and after I grabbed Tom and Eme (Bella wasn't there) from school, the 3 of us headed to the Dollar Tree. I needed baggies and toothpicks and tape. And left with just a few more things that that. $10, I think. Not too bad, huh? Well, not too bad for me and the Dollar Tree, anyway...

We stopped by Walgreens on the way home to get our prints, and yeah, the machine broke in the middle of my order. Crap! I asked if I could take what they had, and come back for the other later. I figured that would be a good plan.

I drove home, and was really not feeling well. I'm not sure why my head was hurting again. I'd had caffeine. I'd had water. Could it be tight muscles from Yoga? Stress? Lack of sleep? Combo of all of them? I didn't know. But I sure didn't feel good.

I endured it for about 30 minutes, and helped the kids do all of their chores. Kitchen cleaned, living room cleaned, dining room clean. Laundry started. Looked SO much better. I just wish that the kids wouldn't bicker so much. Had I not had a headache, I probably could have handled it better. But it makes me crabby when my head hurt. Something about the pain, you know...

I got Eme set up with all the stuff to make French toast, and the pan set, and stuff, got Jake helping Joe with his homework, and went to lay down and take meds. Unfortunately, I wasn't sleepy. So I couldn't sleep. But I could rest in the dark and quiet. Because the rest of my house sure isn't quiet. 5 kids make a TON of noise...

I laid down for about 30 minutes, then came back out. I felt a bit better. I helped finish up the French toast, cooked myself a Turkey burger and some veggies, and the kids and I sat down to watch some Doctor Who. I felt bad that I couldn't take Joe to scouts, but again, we must know our limitations. I stayed home and rested.

Here it is, 7:36pm, and we have about 1/2 the episode of Doctor Who left, then I'm putting kids to bed, and am laying on the couch and watching Glee for a bit. Hopefully I'll feel MUCH better in the morning. I have a therapy appointment at 8:00am. It got bumped up from 1pm. But I am flexible...

And I'm gonna have to make the cookies and pick up the rest of the prints tomorrow. I'm not up for it tonight, I think.... I'm still feeling a bit grouchy. I was kinda a yelling mom tonight. I hate it when I get that way. Deep breaths, right? How many more days until Wednesday when Captain America gets back home? I really don't know what I'm gonna do when he's gone ALL of next year.... hmpf!

Oh yeah, and my Day 4 of the 30 days of Thanksgiving was for Modern Meds. Before we joined the army, I had not health insurance for a few years. And before that, I was pregnant or nursing for SO many years, that I could never take migraine meds. I'd have the same migraine for 3-5 days. Yeah, I don't know how I got anything done. I'm SO thankful to have meds now :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

box.net (it's not loading properly....I'll try tomorrow...)


Chriss said...

Merci beaucoup !

Stephanie said...

I love the Franklin Mountains! Have you ever gone up behind William Beaumont and taken the walking trails near Scenic Drive? You can see almost all of El Paso and parts of Mexico from there! It was the only good thing I liked about being stationed at Bliss. I used to take a book when I was out there and sit at the Historial Marker and read... When the wind wasn't trying to blow me off the mountain! lol

Pat Klassen said...

I love your wordart..It adds so much to a page...I have been trying to design some different wordart to compliment my quotes on my site at http://www.quotes-and-poems.com
I find them so much fun to make.

Thanks for sharing!


Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun hike! Thanks for the cute freebie!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 2 post on Nov. 05, 2010. Thanks again.

Shanners said...

cool hiking photos - and thanks for the WA. It sounds nice to have a workout schedule w/ friends. :)

deb said...

What a hike indeed! Wow! Last hike I took was Mt Fuji. Won't be repeating that anytime soon! Thanks for the word art!

Sharon in MI said...

Thanks for the WA.
I wonder if this last migraine could be related to altitude changes, what with the mountain-climbing and all. My mom has always had migraines and that certainly does affect her.

MouserMo said...

Thank you for your freebies. Link on your post was added to PickleMouse freebie list

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing.