Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Party Definition

Hey there! How was your day??? Good, I hope! Mine was pretty awesome - hehe :)

Started off at 6:40am, read scriptures, said prayers, and went back to bed till 7am - hehe. I got up, got kids ready and out the door to the bus, and hung around straightening things up until 8am.

Then Jim and I headed out the door to the commissary. Really, I needed to go grocery shopping, but didn't have time today. It was the day of my christmas party, and I needed some supplies. So I just got some baking items and a few essentials. Cereal and eggs and apples and such. Enough to tide us over for a while.

And after the commissary, Jim and I headed to the Dollar Tree. We picked up some table clothes and some spoons and forks and some under $3 gifts. I got extras so if someone forgot a gift for the exchange :) Works for me :)

I also got some poster boards for Tom's project. He'd asked for it, so I picked some up :)

And then we headed back home, and set about cleaning and cooking. I swept real good, and did some dishes, and Jake cleaned the bathroom, and organized the dining room, and things looked pretty good.

Kari came over around 11am, right after I took Jim to the bus, and she helped me cook for a bit. I was making a chocolate cheesecake cake, and I had Kari make the Rice Crispy treats, Gingerbread flavored. I bought some gingerbread marshmallows a while back, and they made the treats taste SOO good :)

For the cake, I used a normal triple chocolate cake mix, and prepared it as directed on the box, and poured the batter into a baking pan. Then, I took 1/3 cup sugar, 1 tsp vanilla, 1 8 oz cream cheese, and 1 egg, and blended it VERY well. Then added 1/2 a bag of chocolate chips. And spread the mixture over the cake batter. And baked for about 45 minutes. Yea, it was SOOOO yummy :)

And I made some homemade pizza. 3 of them, 2 cheese, and 1 pepperoni. And then people started to show up. Kari brought a cheese lasagna. Mmmmm! Charlotte brought cheese and spinach stuffed shells (DIVINE). Becky brought broccoli salad (MY FAVORITE!!!). Laurie brought a pizza (whole wheat, and WONDERFUL!). Yeah, we had PLENTY of food :)



Yeah, I'm older than 9, but it was the only candle I could find - ROFL! I'll take 9....

We ate, and did our gift exchange , and had a lot of fun visiting and chatting. I ended up with Santa and Mrs Claus salt and pepper shakers. SOOOO stinkin' cute!

And Laurie got me Victoria secret lotion for my b-day, and Kari got me some NICE pillow spray and some Body Dew oil (MY FAVORITE!), in a flavor I didn't have. SOOO sweet, girls! Thanks!

Captain America got to come home for lunch, so I saw him for a few minutes. He ate some lunch, and back to work he went. At 2:30pm, I ran to the bus stop to pick up Jim, then headed back to the party. Jim was excited to play with Rowan (Laurie's son) for a bit! At around 3:15pm, everyone headed out to pick up kids from school.

I cleaned up the mess (Kari had helped quite a bit to organize and wash the dishes - thanks hon!) and then all the kids came home on the bus. I guess AQ was cancelled for the week. Sweet! Veronica, who shares AQ duties with me, went to Kentucky for Christmas, so now I don't have to pick my kids up at all this week. hehe.

Kids ate some party food, then changed clothes, and we headed on up to the pool. And yeah, once we got there, walked inside, the lady behind the desk told us that it was TOO full. Whaaaat? PT people were always there, but it DID look a little more crowded than usual. She said to come back after PT. Hmpf! Jim was crying that he wanted to stay, and the big kids were fighting about who got to sit in the front seat of the truck. I really just wanted them to swim so I didn't have to field complains for an hour - hehe.

We headed home, I texted Kari and told her that the pool was "closed" until around 4:30pm, and we hung at home until it was time to go back. And it was a nice break at the pool. Kari and I sat and chatted while the kids swam and tired themselves out - hehe. That's our master plan, you know!

And we headed home. Captain America had just gotten home, and was eating dinner. I fed the kids pizza (go figure, huh? hehe) and had yogurt myself. Yeah, I'd eaten WAY too much food already, and had a tummy ache. I thought that the yogurt would help :)

And it's now 7:08pm. I'm not sure what we're doing for the rest of the evening. We need to look for our christmas ornaments in the garage. And I need to go on a walk for exercise. But I'm feeling VERY sleepy. I think it's from all of the carbs I consumed today. Yeah, NOT repeating that one tomorrow. They make me feel sick! The birthday celebration is OFFICIALLY at an end. hehe. Back to my normal eating plan...

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!

4shared is not working for me....
box.net


2 comments:

Sandy_in_MD said...

Your post made me hungry today! Thanks for the word art!

Unknown said...

Th♥nks so much for sharing! H♥ppy Holidays!