Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, December 18, 2010

SBG 25 Day Blog Train : Santa Brings Goodies!

Click on the links below to go to my accounts to download the zip file of the PNG files, and leave some love if you like my work.! Thanks :)



AND, while you're here, you can ALSO pick up Lynn's Quick page!!! Two stops in one!!! Click HERE to go to her download site! See, aren't you glad you came to visit!!!



Click HERE to go to Lorie's Blog for the next stop on the train! She'll be posting the next part on the 19th of December :)

AND you should have come here (unless you just LOVE me), from Em-Ka's blog. You can find her link HERE. Choo Choo and a Merry Christmas to everyone!!!


OK, and on to my day. Because, I know you'd be SO sad if you didn't hear how I was doing. hehe :) OK, so maybe just in my head you would be sad - hehe :)

ANYWHO, it really was a great day! Migraine free, I'm pleased to report! I woke up at 7-ish am, got ready, got the kids all ready, and walked all 4 of them to the bus. It was one of those weird days when PreK got at the same time, and all the grades get out at 12:15. So I had the morning with only Jake! Sweet :)

I came back home after the bus left, and changed into my swim suit. Then put my warm clothes back on. See, I think it's time for a shower day, don't you think? hehe

I asked Jake if he wanted to go swim laps with Kari and I, and he really didn't want to. So I told him that he could walk for 30 minutes around the neighborhood. I need to get that kid exercising more! IF we end up with the Christmas Present for Jake that we're thinking of, he'll DEFINITELY get some exercise. Christmas presents of this type require regular walking.....

Anyway, I headed off to the pool (1 block away - hehe), met Kari there, and we did laps. She started on one end, and I started on the other, and we passed in the middle each lap. So we spent no time visiting, because we were on opposite sides of the pool. And every time she started a lap, I had to too, so I wouldn't get "lapped". hehe. It really worked quite well, motivation wise.

We ended up doing 24 lengths in 50 minutes. Not too bad! It's an olympic sized pool, so I don't know how long we actually swam. It felt really good, though. I count as I do my strokes. It took between 55-65 strokes (each side counts as one) to get from one end of the pool to the other. And then I'd turn and come back, and briefly rest And it was SO relaxing. Like yoga. Where you just concentrate on your breathing. But instead, I was concentrating on my counting. I really really liked it. In fact, I think I may go tomorrow morning, too :)

My legs were less wobbly than normal when I got out (ha!), and we headed for the locker rooms. Here's me, in the truck, on the way home. I"m hot, huh?

And at home. Yeah, I definitely needed a shower! I told Jake to finish up what he was working on for school, and once I was ready, he could come to Walmart with me.

And I felt SO much nicer once I showered. hehe. Jake and I hopped in the truck, and headed to the Transmountain Walmart. And we were planning on hitting the Lowe's across the street when we were done.

Here's us in the truck.


So we head of post, and start onto Hwy 54, and on the on-ramp, my truck cuts out. Twice. I started to panic. Then realized that I was OUT OF GAS! Whaaaat? Crap! So Jake and I took the first exit, and pulled into the first gas station we could find. 7 11. And filled up. Well, almost filled up. The pump stopped at $75, so we got that much, and headed for Walmart. A bit behind schedule...

Jake forgot the house phone at home, but I told him to meet me in the Hangers section. I bought some apples ($0.52 a lb for Gala!) and some bananas and some bread and milk, and a few other things we were out of.

And then I went for the hangers, and wouldn't you know it, they were out. Sigh. I hate it when Walmart is unstocked.... I needed laundry baskets for that closet project Captain America and I are working on, so I grabbed 6.

And couldn't find Jake. Grrrr. I looked in the hanger section. No Jake. I looked in the toys. No Jake. I looked in the electronics. No Jake. I looked in the pet section. No Jake. So finally, I paid. And waited. And waited. And waited. I asked the cashier to page him, but I don't think she knew how to. Cause she acted like she did it, but I sure didn't hear an announcement over the loud speaker...

So finally, I decided to take my stuff to the truck, and come back in and page him again (different cashier, of course). And as I headed for the door, Jake found me. Thank goodness! We had to get back to pick up the kids! So we made a new rule, no splitting up UNLESS we both have phones...

We got home JUST as the bus was getting there. I picked up Joe and Eme and Jim and Tom, and we all headed home. The kids had eaten lunch at school, but not Jake and I. So we grabbed Lunch real quick, and Eme and Joe and I headed out to a DIFFERENT walmart. One that was actually stocked. ha!

Here's Eme and Joe in the truck
And me, belting out "Leroy, the Redneck Reindeer"
We went to Lowes first, and bought 3- 8 foot lengths of 1-3/8' wooden rods. For clothes rods. For the storage closet that is Jims room. Cause we're putting the 3 little ones in the downstairs bedroom, and ALL of their clothes in that closet. Should work ok :)

Anyway, we got clothes rods, and the parts to hook them to the wall. Hopefully I got the right stuff. Then we headed next door to Walmart.

I got the hangers, and some more laundry baskets, and I think that was about it. I'd already extensively shopped before lunch - hehe. Not much left to buy :)

And we headed home. And unloaded the truck, and I put kids to work doing chores. And I started hanging up ALL of Joe and Eme's clothes. Holy crap, those kids have a TON of clothes. I put the clothes rods between the hutch and the dining room table, and started to hang them.

Before long, Captain America was home from work, and wanted to go to the Ed Center on post and talk to someone about Masters School. So I left the kids doing chores, and headed up there with him.

When he's deployed, he'll have more free time than he would at home, and they have GREAT study abroad programs for the military. What perfect timing for him to get a masters, huh? He wants to get it in Military History. Something RIGHT up his alley :)

We were there filling out paperwork and such until they closed, then headed home. We cooked Chicken nuggets for the kids, set them up with a movie, and Captain America and I went to dinner at El Taco Tote. It was a fun dinner :)

And then we headed home. And we found some packages on our door! This one was from Captain America's parents. Oranges! How cool is that! We all peeled and ate one, and they were DE-LICI-OUS! Thanks, you guys! We also go a SWEET booklet of songs from Captain Americas sister, Adrienne! Can't wait to look at it closer!

And we got another package with presents from my parents. These, unfortunately (for me, anyway), were wrapped, so I have NO idea what they are. Hmmm, I wonder how long before I go and peek.... hehe.

Captain America was sleepy from his long day at work, and laid on the couch for about an hour, resting. I finished working on Joe and Eme's room. OMHeavens, it was TRASHED. But after an hour of good, hard cleaning, it was CLEAN! And all the clothes were hung up. And I'd gone through Eme's clothes, and she'd helped me pick out the ones that didn't fit or she didn't like to donate.

Captain America came in, and Joe and Jim and Captain America and Jake and I laid around on the bottom bunk of the bunkbed, and goofed off for a while. There was a TON of farting going on, and eventually Captain America went and got his Gas Mask. It was the FUNNIEST thing ever. OK, so now you know how gross we all are :)

And then we got back to work. I cleared out Jimmy's room/closet, and consolidated it with Joe/Eme's room. And swept it out real good. And put Joe and Jim and Eme to bed, sent Jake and Tom upstairs to their rooms for quiet time before bed, Captain America started measuring and cutting the wood for the shelves, and I sat down to blog. It's now 9:52pm, and I'm gonna go hang with Captain America in the garage. It's relaxing to watch him work :)

So yeah, no freebie down here for you, since it's the blog train. hehe :)

18 comments:

deb said...

Thank you for your part of the SBG blog train. As for the rest of your day, I feel your pain about losing Jake in the store. I can't stand when I lose mine!

Amy said...

Glad you had a nice, migrain free day! Thanks so much for the mini word art pack, it's lovely.

marsie55 said...

Fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, and a wonderful 2011! xxx

patchas said...

Thank you so much for sharing your time and talent. It's always fun to read your blog. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the SBG blog train goodie. Happy Holidays to you!

Pam said...

Thanks for the awesome wordart.

Monica said...

Thanks!!
:D

Sandy_in_MD said...

Thanks for the awesome word art and the entertaining story!

Jill said...

Thanks for the freebie! It's gorgeous, as always. Happy Holidays!

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great WA pack.

Anonymous said...

You know I love your ART! I am somewhat new to DIGI stuff. I am soo excited to play with some of these templates and kits that you are all offering. WHAT A WONDERFUL gift. Since, most likely there will not be a Christmas for me, these give aways from all of you are my Christmas present. Thank you again and Merry Christmas!!
Also thank you Scrapbookgraphics for doing this. You guys are really the BEST of the BEST!! I love you all!!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much!!!

Michele said...

Thank you!!!

grambie said...

It is so wonderful of you to share your Christmas holiday wordart on this SBG blog train. Thank you for your kindness, and it will be used. Love your fun photos. Blessings!

Cleah said...

Thank you for the bunch of word arts! Have a Blessed and Joyful Christmas to you and your family. ; )

lammogliagirl said...

Thank you so so much for both the beautiful O Holy Night wordart - super usable! - and the Santa Brings Goodies set, absolutely gorgeous! (love the Christmas Surprise one especially!) Had a blast reading about you and your family too :) Your new family member is adorable! We just got 7 new teeny puppies today :-D

Shay said...

Thank you so very much for your lovely word art!

Pauline said...

Thank you for the wordart!