Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Tons of Fun!

Better day, thank goodness! Started off early with a tummy ache, unfortunately. Cici's Pizza will do that to ya... Jake left for school at 7am, and Tom, Eme, and Joe left at 7:30am. And I had Jim to daycare by 8 am. Kari picked me up at the CDC parking lot, and we headed over the mountain.

And had a mild hike today, but still, after the 2 mile power walk last night, and the pilates, I was dying... Poor Kari went slow for me, but still. Pfew! It was hard. But I did it. I tried to get a picture of some little critter, but it was too fast. hehe. I did catch my shadow- ROFL!

And we headed back over the mountain. And Kari realized that she was almost out of gas. So we stopped at the Transmountain Circle K, and I ran in for a DDP. BooYa!
She dropped me off at the CDC, and I headed in to get Jim. They were JUST sitting down to eat lunch (we were too late for the bus) and Jim was the table helper. So I pulled up a chair, too, and he had lunch. It was fun to sit at the little table with the kids :)

Milk, Tater Tots, Pears, and Sloppy Joes

I drove Jim to school, and dropped him off at the front. And he was really sad, for some reason. As I was driving off, he ran back to the car. Whaaat? That's a first... So I parked the car in the turn around, and got him in the building and to an aid to take him to class. Poor kid.

I hustled back home, let the dog out of the kennel, and changed clothes. Didn't have time for a shower, though. Crap! I hurridly applied a fresh layer of make up, pulled my hair kinda back, threw on a dress, and was ready to go.

Terra had her girls in daycare, but daycare called and said that Krista had a temp of 99, and needed picked up. So she went back to get them, and I met Terra at her house. And we went to Olive Garden together. 99 is SO not stay home worthy. hehe.

Here's me with my pretty hat.

And Terra's hat

I must say, walking into that Olive Garden, people are SO not used to seeing hats. I had ooohs and aaaahs and little kids pointing and it was SO much fun. hehe. I just stood up tall and proud and smiled at everyone. Funny, huh?

Amanda and her Grandma were there first to save us a spot. They had paper hats from newspapers. Nope, not gonna cut it. I'd brought a HUGE bag of hats and flowers to attach to it. So I hooked them up. Laurie and Rowan came too, then Maggie. Terra and Maggie both had hats that they'd made, but the other girls borrowed hats from me.

Here's Laurie with the big hat
Amanda (she traded this one in for a big pink and white one 1/2 way through)

Maybe poor Krista really was sick after all. She slept with her head on the table most of the meal, then woke up and wanted to snuggle. Mom had her most of the time time, but I got her at the end. She was SO snuggly. LOVED it!
My hat was SO big, people kept bumping it as they walked by. ha!
It was the first time I'd gone to Olive Garden with the girls and NOT gotten Soup and Salad. I ordered the Apricot Chicken with steamed broccoli, asparagus and tomatoes. SO good! And I asked for my salad with no dressing. I ate the WHOLE bowl. Love me some salad :)

We were there for a few hours, then headed home. It was SUCH a great lunch. I really enjoyed myself and my friends :)

I got home in time to blog. Blogger was FINALLY working, and I had 30 minutes before Jim got off the bus. So I got my pictures on there, and added some journaling, and called it good. I hope that Blogger doesn't have anymore issues. That wasn't so fun.

I watched an episode of In Plain Sight after Jim got home, then we watched some Phineas and Ferb. Jake came home at 3:15pm, and walked the dog. Tom and Eme and Joe came home at 3:30pm, and I made some snacks for the kids. Jake headed to the pool at 4pm for something to do (he was grounded from friends and electronics for today only), and Eme went to her friends house to play.

At 5:15pm, I dropped Jim off at Kari's house. She was taking Josephine to a game at the SAME field that Jim was playing. I think they played each other, come to think of it. Joe had a game at exactly the same time. So I dropped off Jim, and Tom and Joe and I headed out to Joe's game.

I took a movie of him batting, but ended up erasing it on accident. Crap. It was cute, too! Anyway, at 6:15pm, I drove Tom to his game (practice at 6:30, game at 7), and headed back to Joe's game. I watched the last 5 minutes, and it was over. Joe and I loaded up, and headed back to post. We picked up Jim from Kari's house (they'd JUST gotten home), and headed back home.

We ditched the car, and took the truck. And brought Jake back to the game with us. He was bored, and needed a distraction. And we grabbed some folding chairs. I was done sitting on the grass. hehe.

And I decided that Jake just has no social restraints. He thinks something is funny, and says it. You don't say "Epic Fail!!!" to the poor 10 year old who just struck out. Because it's mean. But he doesn't understand that. He thinks it's funny. And honestly doesn't understand why I don't think it's funny. EVERYONE he knows, except me, apparently, thinks it's funny. I asked him how many mom's he hangs out with. None, he says. Yeah, it's because he hangs out with 8th grade boys. That's why EVERYONE thinks its funny.... But his little brain doesn't register it.

And he kept asking why Tom sucked so bad. I kept shushing him, and he kept saying 'Why, it's true?" Sigh. Maybe bringing him to the game isn't such a great idea. He was driving me nuts. But, I knew hat he wasn't trying to drive me nuts, so it wasn't too bad. I only had to send him to the truck once (he walked there, turned around and came back. Because, apparently, I'd just told him to go to the truck, not to stay here... smarty pants!) I told him that I really wanted for him to stay and hang out with me, but that I wanted him to be positive and stop being rude. Luckily there was only 5 minutes left in the game.

Tom's team won, I think (there's no score board and they don't make a big deal of the score), they got a snack, and we headed home. And the kids made a HUGE fort in the living room, and had a sleep over. Me? I locked myself in my room and had a peaceful evening to myself. I was happy, though, that the kids wanted to all have a sleep over together. SO sweet :)

It's now 10pm, and I'm gonna tie this up, go get some Herbal Tea, and watch a few episodes of Flash Forward. And sleep in tomorrow. I told the kids that electronics wasn't open until after 9am. And to NOT wake me up before then. hehe.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Beautiful, Sharon! Love these darks and lights together!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 11 post on May. 14, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [15 May 02:15am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Alli grins said...

LOVE this word art... and your cute hat! Cheerio!

semoharty said...

Lots of great pics of you Babygirl! Love the hat too! And glad my Tom, Joe & Jim had fun at baseball. Good job Mom!

Marilou said...

Thank you.

deb said...

Thank you!