Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Pocket Full of Sunshine

Oh dear, I was SO sleepy this morning! I SO needed more sleep. 1 or 130am is WAY too late for me... Anyway, I reset my alarm for 8:30am, and slept some more. Then got up, and hurriedly got myself and Jim ready for sports camp. I think he was as tired as I was. hehe.

I stopped by to pick up Austin, then delivered both to camp. And got them all signed in and situated, and headed out. They were playing with hoola hoops when I left.

I got back home, and was totally gonna lay back down and go to sleep. But I gave in, and did some chores. I did more laundry, and maintained the pool. It needed a TON of chemicals, so I put them all in. And scooped out the biggest of the bugs. There were a few bees, a dragon fly, and this MONSTROSITY of a bug!!! It was pretty scary looking!

Amanda was at home waiting for the repair guy. Remember how I told you that her doorbell "blew up"? Well, they were coming back to fix it. And he told me the FUNNIEST story this morning. So, when the nasty smell started in her house yesterday, and she started getting a headache from it, we were asking Austin if he knew what to do if he found Mom "dead", or non responsive in the house. You know, Army families have to think of such things. We don't always have our other half around...

Anyway, we told him to call 911, but he couldn't figure out how to turn it on (new phone). So we said, Well, you could go to the neighbor girls house (who he plays outside with) and get her mom to help. And that was the end of the conversation.

Well, apparently, Austin came into Amanda's room at 6:30am, and whispered to her, and she didn't wake up. So he went next door to the neighbors house, and rang the doorbell, and said that there was something wrong with his mommy, she wouldn't wake up! ROFL!

So Liz came over, and woke up Amanda to see if all was right. Poor girls! Austin was trying, right? At least he'd listened. Amanda made sure to tell him that he needed to try a LOT harder to wake up Mom before alerting the neighbors. hehe.

Anyway, she was busy at home, my kids were awake (Joe was at Leo's house) except for Jake, and everyone was happy, so I headed out to Big Lots by myself. I needed dish soap. Tom was forced to use hand soap to wash the dishes, and I don't know how good that is. hehe. So I went and grabbed some.

And called my mom, and chatted with her for my shopping trip. She's coming next Saturday, and I'm SO excited. I bought new towels for the kids, and a few other things. And I headed back home. And did another load of laundry.

I bought some hair removal wax, and played with it for a little while. But it's painful, did you know? Yeah, I may not be using that again! I should have just got a new razor.... And soon it was time to go and pick up the little boys.

I grabbed Austin and Jim, dropped Austin off at his house, and headed back home. And did another load of laundry.

My kids were watching Deadliest Warrior. Did I tell you about that show? OMHeavens, they haven't stopped talking about it...

It reminds me of Myth Busters. They pick two groups of peoples/fighters, and see which would win. Pirates vs. Knights. IRA vs. Colombian Cartel. Ninjas vs. Something else... You get the idea. They compare their weapons, and fighting styles, and junk, and then see which wins overall. Yeah, there's blood (fake) and guns and knives and nastiness, and my boys absolutely LOVE it! Whatever, as long as they're happy, right?

We skipped Free Lunch, and the kids had microwave Mac N Cheese and Pizza Bites for lunch. They seemed super excited about it :)

I did another load of laundry, and at 12:45pm, I got Jake in the truck (he'd woken up on his own today and was MUCH happier!) and headed to the youth center. I snapped a quick picture of Jake before he went inside.

I stopped at the Milam SAS and the Milam CDC on the way home, and set up childcare for the kids for next week. Wed, Thurs, and Fri, from 12-5. So that I can clean the house in peace. And have it looking good when my parents get here. hehe.

I came back home, and we hung at the house for the afternoon. Jim swam in the pool, and I skimmed it for a while. It was pretty "buggy" when I started, and looked pretty good by the time I was done.

I watched an episode of 24 Season 6, and designed for a bit. I think I got 2 WordArt packs done. And some administrative work done too. Nice, huh?

At 3:30pm, Amanda and I decided to "kidnap" Terra for a brief outing to Walmart. hehe. I wanted a new swim suit (my others are getting a bit thread bare from all of the cholrine). And Amanda needed something or another. Anyway, we left the big kids in charge, and headed out.

I found some melons. hehe.

Yes, I'm wearing my swim suit. It's hot, and we were going swimming when I got back home....

We had fun goofy around and grabbed a few needed/wanted items, and headed out. Here's my cart. Amanda and I shared. hehe.

I got these clearance flowers for myself! Amanda got some flowers for the poor neighbor girl who got woke up early this morning. LOL!
I couldn't resist on the way out...
We put on loud tunes, and sang the entire way back to post. It was a fun little outing. We dropped Terra off at her house, got Amanda's pool stuff, and headed to my house. We all got our stuff ready for the pool, fed the kids real fast (giant sandwich from walmart), and off we went!

We got there RIGHT at pool break... So the kids ate the new chips that I'd brought, then were ready to get in the pool. Here's a few pics that I took.

See my new suit???

They really all were happy. Most were saying cheese. They just looked pained... Amanda and I found our friend, Aleana. She lives in the houses RIGHT across from the pool. We told her that we swim here a lot, and said we'd text her next time we come! Woohoo for friends at the pool :)

We headed home at 7pm when the pool closed, and headed home. Jake called as we were leaving, and said that the Youth Center was closing early, and needed picked up. So we drove on over to Milam Youth Center, picked him up, and came home.

My kids changed, got a snack, and watched some more Deadliest Warrior. And I sat down with them and watched an episode too. They really liked that I was snuggling on the couch with them.

Jim and Joe went to bed, Eme was playing on her computer, and Jake and Tom watched another episode of their show. I headed over to Amanda's house to watch a movie. Then it'll be home, and to bed. I'm babysitting Austin in the morning while Amanda goes to the doctor. So I need to get up earlier. No 1am bedtime for me tonight. hehe.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

FUN layout, Sharon!!! Lovin' it!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Jul. 07, 2011. Thanks again.

Tammy said...

Thanks for the great summertime word art! :)

Ma Altoastral said...

So cool!Thank you so much for sharing! =)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [08 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

Your swimsuit looks great! I bought my first new swimsuit since 2002 (2003?). I actually wore it 5 days in a row! Thanks for the great word art!