Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, July 25, 2011

That Don't Impress Me Much

Hey, all! Hope your Sunday was good. Ours was relaxing, if nothing else. We skipped church today, because my mom and dad had to get dropped off at the airport at around that time. I know, I know, I suck. But we did get to spend a few more hours with my parents before they left.

My alarm went off at 7:30am, but I didn't get up till closer to 8am. We got breakfast for the kids, and just hung out for the morning. It was pretty low keyed. My mom and dad packed up their stuff, and we snapped a few pictures.

Aunt Sue

Madi
Tom and my mom and Joe
Eme and Grandma Lyn
Papa Steve



Me and my dad



We loaded up in the truck, and off we went around 10:30ish to take my parents to the airport. Aunt Sue came along for the ride, too. Kid free. Oh yeah :) Thanks, Maddie, for watching them all - ha!



We came back home, cleaned up the kitchen a bit, cleaned out the fridge for a while, and had lunch. Leftovers and PBJ's. Oh yeah :)

Then, we cleaned in the dining room for a bit, and cleaned the stairs. Maddie got the "nesting" bug, and cleaned my floorboards going up the stairs. I vacuumed and steam cleaned 3 of the stairs. Yeah, my "stick-to-it-ness" didn't last very long... But those 3 stairs look nice :)

Then we watched some TV. For a long time. For like 8 episodes of Psych. We'd never watched that show before, and I found it SO good and funny! And the older boys liked it too, which was a plus. We just watched it all day long. hehe.

Maddie took a nap on the couch at one point. I snuggled with kids and watched TV and just hung out for a bit.





Ella fell asleep with Jake :)
Lily

Lily and I have fun when we're together. hehe. We were making funny faces for the camera :)

And then I told her that she should try and lick her elbow. So she tried, and couldn't. I tried too, and couldn't. So I was like, "Hey Lily, I can lick YOUR elbow", and I licked it. So she had to lick mine. Then run around the room and lick everyone elses elbows too. You're welcome, Maddie. hehe.

Tom, intently watching his show :)





At dinner time, I searched for random ingredients to make something or another out of. It turned out to be a chicken pasta bake of sorts. We had leftover baked chicken, so Aunt Sue and I picked it from the bone, diced it, and used that for our chicken.

I added 2 cans of Cream of Chicken soup, 3/4 cup of sour cream, and 1 cup of shredded cheese to it. With a bit of milk. Then cooked a package of spaghetti (whole wheat, broken in 1/4's), and mixed that into the sauce. And put it in a greased baking pan, and baked in the oven at 375. I also put some shredded cheese on top. And cooked until warmed and cheese was melted. It was pretty good, for a random concoction.

And the kids actually ate it - ha! Ella ate hers, and Joe sucked his down. Jimmy wasn't too interested (not a surprise), but Lily was napping already, so she missed it.
Closer to bedtime, Lily woke up, and was hungry. So we pulled the casserole out of the fridge, and gave her a fork, and let her have at it. ha! Joe got in on the action too. hehe.
Jim getting a drink


We made peanut butter cookies (NOT a good recipe, gotta find an alternative one), and Ginger Snaps. I didn't have enough molassas, so they were a super light color. Still tasted pretty good, though. Nice and soft.

After the cookies were done, we put the kids to bed, and Tom, Jake, Aunt Sue, Maddie, and I watched a final episode of Psych. We couldn't decide on something to watch after Tom went to bed, and Jake got frustrated with the lot of us, turned off the TV, and stormed off to bed. He tried to get the dog to come with him, but poor Boxer knew Jake was upset, and jumped up onto Maddie's lap! Poor prego girl!

Jake headed off to bed by himself, and I started blogging, and Maddie decided to just go to bed. It's only 10:30pm, and it might be an early night for the lot of us. Sitting around all day doing nothing but watching kids and cleaning up their messes can really wear a body out, you know. hehe.

Tomorrow, Tom has baseball camp early in the morning. Then, the rest of us are gonna go to Savers. I have a 30% off coupon that expires at the end of the month. We'll probably make a grown up trip to Fallas at some point on Monday, too. Gotta love that store :)
Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Awe, cute! Love this one, Sharon :) Great colors :)

2 comments:

Buffy0214 said...

This is a great WA! It can be used with so many different pics.

Tammy said...

Thanks so much for the WA! :)