Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sweet Child of Mine

Hey, peeps! What's up in your world?? We had a good Friday in the Harty Household :)

Started off at 7:30am, and GUESS WHO WAS AWAKE??? Jake! I guess he'd fallen asleep last night when he was supposed to, because he'd woken up at 7am, all by himself, and was happily playing with the little kids when I got up. Holy crap!

And he was in a good mood :) I made sure Tom was ready, and I drove him up to Baseball camp. In my jammies, and without shoes. LOL. I got back home, had breakfast, and did some chores.

I helped Jake clean his room for a little bit (and he didn't even argue about it!), then I boiled some eggs and made deviled eggs. Cause they sounded good. hehe. And Joe absolutely loves them. And that was good enough reason for me! I like to put miracle whip, salt, pepper, and curry in my deviled eggs.
And then Jake decided that he wanted to wash the car before it got too hot. Is this the same child???? hehe. Not that I'm complaining. He went out and got the supplies and washed it all up. And Aunt Sue checked it for him, then I came out for the final inspection. He really did pretty good!



We spent a lot of time in the morning sitting around and watching TV. And it was very relaxing. hehe. Gotta do that every once in a while, you know :)




Between 1130 and 1200, we got the kids all ready for the pool, then headed out to pick up Tom. Jake and Eme got into a little spat in the truck, and what usually would have been a complete melt down actually ended pretty good.

I told Jake to go back inside the house and stay home, then followed him inside to lock up the electronics. He was upset that he couldn't play electronics, and asked to go to the pool with us. I said that he had to apologize to Eme first. He said that he would IF she apologized to him for making mean faces at him. Sounded fair to me.

So we went outside, he apologized to her, she apologized to him, and we went on our way. Sure, it sounds like a simple thing, but it was HUGE progress for us!

And we drove on over to pick up Tom. Eme went inside to get him, and we ended up having to wait for a few minutes for his bus to get back. Then we headed to Free Lunch. And today was hamburger noodle stuff. My kids liked it. Not too sure if Maddie's kids did. hehe.






I noticed this funky lump on my thumb, and got freaked out that maybe it was like my moms. She's got a MASSIVE lump on her thumb. Some kind of cyst, I think. I don't know. My sister said that it looked more like a callus, though. I'm gonna go with the callus angle...
When the kids were finished eating, we loaded back up, and headed to the pool. We got there as they blew the whistle for pool break. So we took that time for sun block and chips. ha!

Finally, they blew the whistle again, and the kids all went and swam. And Maddie and the girls. And Aunt Sue and I hung for a bit at the tables, then got in the water too.











Lily got mad about something or another, and we got a few pictures of her grouchy faces. hehe.

Jimmy found this grasshopper at the pool today. Poor thing was almost dead. Just sat there and twitched a little. Jim was SO concerned with it. Wanting to know where it should go, and what it needed. We finally ended up putting him in some shade, and lost track of the poor thing.



We got home at 3pm, and by 4pm, the two little girls were asleep, everyone had changed clothes, people had gotten snack, and the moms/aunts were ready to go out on a Walmart runt.

First stop, Big Lots. Tom had earned enough money for an MP3 player like Aunt Sue's. And Jake was 1/2 way there. But I was afraid that if I waited until he earned all of the money, that it'd be gone. So I got it too. And will keep it safe until he earns the rest of the money.

I paid, and we headed out to Walmart. UPS!!!!
We got to Walmart, and found the few things on our list. Maddie needed WIC milk and tweezers, and I wanted to get something quick for dinner. Chorizo and Eggs with sour cream, cheese, in tortillas was the lucky winner. hehe.

I found this gift card in the check out line. Really? I thought it was pretty funny!
We paid, and headed back home. And cooked dinner for the kids, and were eating by 6pm. We played outside with the dog for a while, and enjoyed the outside fresh air. It was cool (for El Paso, still warm) and clearing up. Not thunder or lightening or rain. That's always a plus. hehe.

The kids took baths, we put them to bed, and did some chores, then watched a few episodes of Psych (yes, I LOVE the show!). And I blogged. It's now 10pm. Eme already went to bed because she was tired. Maddie is sleeping on the couch. I'm gonna tie this up, grab Elmo, and snuggle on the couch with him. hehe. Then go to bed after this episode is over. Night, all!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Babies are SO precious, aren't they, Sharon! Thanks for the layout, my dear :)


3 comments:

Kristin said...

Those eggs look yummy. I'll have to try that version. Saw the "bump" on your thumb. Based on where it is and what it looks like, it is likely a ganglion cyst. If you push on it, is it hard and kind of hurts a little? Bear down, push it really hard kind of to the side a little and it should pop. I recently had one on the top of my foot where my flip flop strap rides. I popped it and it's all gone. I've had one on the inside of my wrist too and did the same thing. No biggie. Just use some good firm pressure and it will pop and be gone. (BTW - only about 1/2 of your pictures today are showing up)

Tammy said...

Thank you so much, Bethany! :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [31 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria