Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Breakfast of Champions

Well, I had to go grocery shopping today. I couldn't hold off any longer. We were running long on stuff that I need to eat. hehehe. Sure, the kids could have held out a few more days, but when my food supplies start running low, I'm off to the grocery store.

I got Jake going with school, and did a few projects around the house that needed done, then headed out to the store. I stopped by Wal-Mart and go my hair cut first. It was getting really long. I really like it short, but am too cheap to pay to cut it every month or so. The last time I had it cut was December, I think. Something like that.

I brought pics of myself from back then, and the Wal-Mart girl did a GREAT job. I was feeling pretty happy with the cut. I picked up some pics from Wal-Mart, found a new Bra that I liked, and headed to the grocery store.

It was a quick trip, since I"m getting so good at knowing where everything I need is. hehehe. I had to wait in line for about 5 minutes, but that's not too bad. Wal-Mart is always worse. The commissary at least has lots of lanes open when there's lots of people there. I think there were 10 lanes open when I was there.

I hurried home, and Jake helped me carry in groceries. He looked at me, and said "Mom, did you get your hair cut?". "Yep", I said. "Oh, well, it looked better before". Nice. Kids can be brutally honest. I got the groceries alll put away, helped with school a bit more, and sat down to design. I got 2 more WordArt packs designed. I also started on a Thank You card for the instructors in Captain America's class. It turned out very nice.

I had to plan out the Pack Meeting for the Cub Scouts, since I'm the committee chair, and our meeting was tonight. I got it all figured out, and such. It took about an hours worth of time.

I was running out of time fast. At 5:30, I dug out all the leftovers from the past few nights, and arranged the "buffet" style on the counter. I hurridly made my food, grabbed my scout stuff, and jetted out the door. Captain America was getting everyone at home ready for the Rodeo while I was at my meeting.

Andrea nad I were the only 2 there. Well, it could be because I changed the time and didn't tell anyone else. I know, i'm so bad. But I was so sick the last few days, that I didn't get around to it, and when I'm sick, I don't really care. ROFL! What a nice thing to say, right? Well, too bad for you not reading my mind. hehehe. I'm heartless, I know.

I was back home by 7pm, and we were at the Rodeo almost when it started. Just a few minutes late. It was Military Appreciation night. Free tickets! It was great. Captain America and I had wanted to go on a date night one day this week, cause we knew it was coming to down. When we found out there were free tickets, we decided to take the whole family.

They really did enjoy it. We weren't supposed to take cameras inside, so I kept mine nice and hidden in my purse. BUT, cell phone cameras were just fine. I even asked. Here's some fun pics from the night.

Captain America and Jimmy


Joe, Jim, and Captain America. I don't know why the kids are being so serious. Really, they had fun.

The Reays (Andrea) came and sat right behind us. Here's Tom and Sam and Ben. Aren't they cute!

Captain America and I. See, my hair is super short.



I promise. They liked it. Don't know why everyone looks like they're at a funeral or something.

Tom and baby Luke

Captain America and I again

So, after the calf roping and barrel racing and horse riding and bull riding, they had these dirt bikes come out, with giant ramps. It was the coolest thing ever. I think I liked it better than the actual rodeo - hehehe. I got a few pics with my cell phone, then realized that there was a movie option. Who knew? hehehe. Pretty cool, eh?




Thursday morning I'm babysitting my friend Laurie's youngest, Rowan. Jimmy should have fun having a playmate for the morning. Laurie is going back to school, and has class on Tue and Thurs mornings. He's coming at 7:30am. My house is trashed. At least he's 2 and won't be able to tell everyone how messy my house is. ROFL! I guess I could clean it..... nah. I need to rest. That's right. Rest is good.

OK, so at 12:56 am this looked like a good WordArt idea. If it's not, I can't be held accountable for anything I design after midnight. Truly. You never know what's gonna come out - hehehe. You can put it on layouts with kids eating breakfast. See, it works!

Click on the links below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work.


2 comments:

Allanna said...

I think your hair looks darling. Both lengths are good on you. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 11 post on Sep. 17, 2009. Thanks again.