Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy Life

Howdy ho everyone! Not a very eventful day, but it was still good :)

I got the kids out the door and ready for school as usual. Jake did school, Jimmy played, I cleaned, same ole same ole. I did go to the storage shed and grab out a box of toys for Jimmy, though. I'd put them in there a few months ago, so they were all "new" to him - LOL!

I cleaned his and Joe's room really well, vacuumed, organized laundry, made it look nice. I moved on to Emelines, and DANG was it bad. I pulled out 2 bags of trash. Mostly papers. That girl is a pack rat. And 3 overflowing baskets of dirty laundry. I don't know what she's been wearing, cause there were SO many clothes dirty. LOL! But, it looked very nice when it was done.

Jacob had sent a computer to Captain Americas brother a few months or so ago to get it fixed, and it came today. Jake was SO excited. He got it all set up, and said that it was working SO much better than what it had before.

We had lunch, and then at 1:30, Jimmy and I went to Andreas house to babysit Luke. He was napping, and Andrea had a "well womans" visit, so I said that I'd watch Luke for her. No one should go to those with babies. They're Un-fun enough as it is - LOL!

While she was gone, I got her wireless router hooked up. She said that she'd been struggling with it all day. By the time she was back, it was all up and working. Now she could go to whatever room she wanted with her laptop!

We watched TV for a little while, then she left to go and pick up the kids. I stayed again, and watched sleeping Luke and Jimmy. When she got back home, Jim and Ben played for a while. Sam stayed for extra PE, and my kids went to my house, and we hung out for a bit longer. Once Sam got home, I took Jimmy, and we walked home. It was about 4:30pm.

I left Jake in charge, and headed out to the store. My fan had died a while back, and desperately needed replaced. I wanted to check out Goodwill and see what they had. I stopped at Family Dollar, which is right next to Goodwill, and found some perfume for me that I liked ($3.00), 2 tubes of wrapping paper ($1 each), some Diet Dr Pepper, some disposable plates for my party, some balloons, and a head phone splitter ($3.50). Now 2 people can listen to my MP3 player with me - LOL!

Next it was on to Goodwill. I found some chaps and a vest in matching leather material for Joe for Christmas. He's gonna LOVE them. That was $7.00. Then a toy rifle for $4.00. I found an easy bake oven real meal (just the oven, no accessories) for Emeline for $6.00, and it turns out it was 1/2 off. Woohoo!



I just need to get the accessories for it. (Well, after spending HOURS online looking for accessories, I think I'll just buy the Easy Bake oven from the store, and she can have two - LOL!)

I also found my fan for $8.00. Like this one, but not so fancy - LOL! But it's the tower kind, and it spins, and has a timer and junk. All I care about is the noise. It needs to be noisy :) hehehe.
.


So then I drove to Dollar General, and got a new broom for the house, and a shower caddy for the kids' bathroom. Maybe if they can't reach the soap, they can't make a mess..... maybe. I also found a pack of red bandanas for Joe's present. Score it!

Last stop was LIttle Cesears, for a $5 pizza. Then home. The house was pretty messy, so I made the kids do their chores before they could eat. I konw, mean Mom. But the chores were done SO fast, let me tell you :)

And low and behold, CAPTAIN AMERICA WAS HOME AT 6:00 pm!!! I wasn't really sure what to do - LOL! Just kidding :) It was nice to have him home for the evening. Jake and Tom got ready and headed out to Scouts with Andrea, and I kept her #2 and #3 kids, Ben and Luke. We had fun watching a Christmas movie on TV, and the kids had fun playing.

We "traded" kids back shortly after 8pm. Andrea and boys went home, and we put Harty kids to bed. Captain America and I spent the evening on our laptops in our room. Together, but doing our own thing :) How relaxing.

Well, except for the part where at 10:30 we get a knock on the door, and it's Joe, saying he's puked. He ALMOST made it to the bathroom. One more step. But no, it's on the carpet. Oranges puke. Nasty. But at least it didn't smell. Thank GOODNESS! I cleaned up the mess, and put him back to bed. With a bowl. Just in case :)

So here it is, 11:30pm, and I'm ready for bed. With my new fan. Bring on the noise!!!

I thought this saying was SO true. Especially for me. Really, it doesn't take much to make and keep me happy. Good for Captain America. What would he do with a high maintenance wife - LOL!

Click on the links below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 9 post on Dec. 10, 2009. Thanks again.

Susan said...

I miss how you used to list the fonts used -- could you please tell us which fonts were used for the words happy & life. Thanks for all the great wa!

tradewinds77 said...

Thanks, Bethany this is a true statement for me also. Your work is truly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list