Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, July 22, 2011

I Wanna Hold Your Hand

New stuff in the store for the week! Yippee! Click on the link below to go to my store to pick them up! HERE.

Awesome layouts, Sharon! You really did a GREAT job!

It was a good day today. Especially after the crappy night the night before! I blogged early, so I didn't get a chance to come back and tell about my horrible crappy night. hehe. Well, I wasn't laughing last night...

Jake was not pleased with what I made for dinner, and made sure that I was painfully aware of it. He was being rude and mean and trying to hurt my feelings. Sometimes kids suck. And he was being mean to the other kids. And it just kept getting worse and worse. It finally got so bad that I had to ban him from electronics.

I went through the house, and locked it all in my room. Then I checked his room, and found not one, but two portable DVD players. So I took them, and then went back for the extension cord. And he fought me for it. Sigh. He ended up pulling me all around the house (cause I wouldn't let go), then finally pushed me across the room, and I fell into the couch (where Tom and Boxer were sitting). It really upset Aunt Sue, and me too. I spent the rest of the evening crying in my room. But all the electronics were locked up, as were the fridge and pantry.

He came in a few times to apologize, but I was upset and pissed off by that point. After about 3 times, I told him it was ok, and that I'd be fine by the morning. He seemed ok with that. It was an early evening for everyone.

But it was all good when we woke up. Jimmy came in and snuggled with me for a few hours in the early morning. Love that little kid :) And I was up and going by 8:30am. I woke up Jake at 9am, so he and Tom and I could get ready to go and get our new ID's. They expire on the 28th of this month.

I gathered up our documents (Power of Attorney, old ID cards, etc), we made ourselves look presentable, and off we went. Aunt sue stayed home with Joe and Jim, and Tom and Jake and I headed up there at 9:35am. I'd found a site online to make appointments, and had one for 9:45am, 10am, and 10:15am. Last time we'd gone for ID's, it'd taken HOURS of waiting in line.

We got to the place, and were instantly in with the lady. SO cool! I realized that I'd left my POA in the truck, so the chickie had the boys fill out forms, and I went and grabbed it. She photographed the boys, then they signed their ID cards. Then it was my turn, and by 10am, all 3 of use were done! And we were on our way back home with our new ID cards. Now there is efficiency!

Me on the way home

This is the new shirt that Aunt Sue gave me. SUPER cute, huh? I loved it!
Aunt Sue and I
I tried getting a pic of Joe and Jim, and they were both trying to hide from me. I got Joe here!
And Jim!
Tom was more cooperative!

Awe, Boxer is sweet :)
Jake was having a rough morning, since he was grounded from Electronics. He was bored, and picking on people. He and Aunt Sue decided to stay home from the pool, so the other kids and I got ready to go. We packed sack lunches, and as we were about ready to leave the house, Jake changed his mind and decided to come. Oh joy. hehe.

Aunt Sue decided to stay home still, and off we went, to the outdoor pool. Liz and kids were there, and Terra and kids came too. And we had SUCH a fun time visiting and chatting. We all needed some "mom" time. hehe.

Jim and a Twin
One of Liz's kids
We left the pool at 2pm, and headed back home. Joe and Jim instantly got in our pool, and Aunt Sue and I went to hang in the outside pool. But then the big kids came out too, and it was getting WAY too rowdy.

So she and I sat on the chairs and sunned ourselves. And it got WAY too hot. So we filled up the little pool with fresh water, and laid in there. And sunned ourselves some more. There were SO many holes in that little pool, and luckily I had some patches. So was sunned and patched and sunned some more.

At 4 something, we came back inside, leaving the little boys to play in the pool. Jake was napping on the couch.

And I started dinner. Here's me, cooking in the kitchen.

I made homemade calzones. I used my standard pizza dough recipe. 1 package yeast, 1 cup warm water, 1 tbsp sugar, 2 1/2 cups flour, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp italian seasoning, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 2 TBSP oil.

I rolled it out, then spread spaghetti sauce on 1/2 the dough. Then put on shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese (not the bag stuff, that's nasty - ha!), and some Parmesan cheese, and some ground turkey (1 lb ground turkey, 1/2 onion (diced), garlic, browned). And folded the calzone over on itself, and sealed the edges.

I placed it on a WELL greased cookie sheet, and put a little oil on my hands, and rubbed it on the calzone. And baked it until golden at 400 degrees.

Here's how it turned out! SO freaking tasty! Even Jimmy ate it - hehe. And Jake didn't complain about food tonight. Apparently I'm a wonderful cook...

After dinner, I sat down to load my store. And it took FOREVER. I had one kit that I had to package up, and when I went to load the others in the store, I discovered that Word Clusters 4 was not what it was supposed to be. It was actually Word Clusters 2... So I had to re-do it. And then realized that what I re-did was Word Clusters 3. Sigh. So I re-did it again! Finally, I got it all right.

Aunt Sue and I were supposed to go to the Comedy Club, but she got real sunburned today. And was feeling a bit icky. So was Joe. But I don't think he got that sunburned. Not sure what was the matter with him.

We decided to make a Walmart run instead. She needed After Sunburn gel, and Joe needed Gatorade. And we needed paper plates, plastic plates (we used to have TONS, and they've all magically disappeared this week...), and toilet paper. Don't wanna be without toilet paper, you know.

Aunt Sue got a soda from the coolers by the register, and I decided to go to McDonalds and get one. And yeah, it was SO not fast... I waited in line for like 10 minutes for a freaking soda and a $1 parfait... Should have just got the soda for $1.50 from the cooler, right? Sorry, Aunt Sue!

And we headed home. We put all the things away, and cleaned up a tiny bit, and I put Joe to bed in my room on my little couch, and snuggled with him a bit. Then I put Jim to bed in his room, and snuggled in his bed with him for a little bit.

I helped Jake get some Sunburn gel on (he was pretty red!), and I helped Aunt Sue get some on too. The places that she couldn't reach. She was SUPER red! Poor Aunt Sue!

I sat down to blog and such, and the kids and I turned on a movie from Netflix. The Dragon Wars. Oh yeah, SUPER dumb... But it was good background noise. Giant snake dragon thing attacking LA... The boys seemed entertained. Aunt Sue was worried about watching a scary moving and having night mares, but yeah, there was nothing to worry about from this one. It was SO dumb. hehe.

Tomorrow, Aunt Sue and Amanda and Terra and I are planning a trip to Costco. Amanda has a B-day party for Austin planned for Saturday, and wants to get some stuff. And we're ALWAYS up for a Costco run. We don't have cards, so whenever a friend is going and offers, we go for fun. hehe.

Then, if it's not thunder storming, we're going to the pool at 1pm tomorrow. Maybe we'll go and catch a dollar movie if the weather doesn't cooperate? My parents and sister are driving back from Ft. Hood to here tomorrow, and should be in in the evening. Excited to see my sis and her little girls!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Awe, cute hand holding picture! I wanna hold someone's hand.... Can you guess who? hehe. Thanks for the layout, Sharon!


Tink said...

Love your word art!! Thank you
But the link for this one isnt working..

Buffy0214 said...

Got the soccer one and the ice cream one. Now I just need to get a picture of me with a banana split. Is breakfast too soon for ice cream? I was looking through your store and trying to find "daddy's home" or similar word art. Have you done anything like that?

Gracen said...

Link not working...bummer..

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [23 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Scrapcoco said...

Thank you for this fantastic WA !!