Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Give A Little Bit

Holy cow, another long day! Woke up at 7:30am, and got Jake ready for camp. We were supposed to leave the house by 7:50am. And yeah, at 8:07am, we were finally leaving the house. I hoped that the bus didn't leave him! He hadn't laid out his stuff the night before, so he didn't have his stuff ready...

But we did make it there before the bus left, so it was all good. I headed back home, and hung for a while. We watched some TV, and did some laundry (a never ending process, you know), then at 9;45am, we headed out to Piano Camp. Jim SO didn't wanna go. Sigh. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with that child...

Aunt Sue and I dropped them off at camp, and I had to bribe Jim with a reward to get him to go. Anyone who did good at camp got a "prize". Works for me. And off they went. Aunt Sue and I went to the Goodwill on Dyer. I found some nice new tennis shoes for Jake, and a Star Wars shirt. And a few pairs of jeans for myself. And a basket to keep my dish towels in the kitchen in. Because the work order dude NEVER brought back my drawer...

We peeked our head into Dollar General, but I really don't like that store, so we headed to the Dollar Tree. I got a few loaves of bread and some hot dog buns, and a puzzle for each of the kids. And we headed back to Piano Camp.

And yeah, Jim refused to participate at all today. Sigh. I don't know what to do... We loaded up, and headed to Burger King for lunch. The kids got Kids Meals, and I got a Whopper meal. Aunt Sue got chicken nuggets. I don't know why I kept forgetting to take pictures today! My mom even called in the morning and reminded me to take pictures. hehe. Maybe tomorrow!

We ate, and headed home. And did some more chores. Then, at 1:20pm, Tom was left in charge, and Aunt Sue and I headed to the youth center to grab Jake. And we headed to his therapy appointment. Jake went in first to see Mrs. Nance (she's AWESOME), and Aunt Sue and I hung in the lobby.

Then it was my turn to talk to Mrs. Nance. She said that Jake presented with all the typical things of an Aspergers kid. Good to know :) She said that she's the therapist for 9 kids now. Also a good thing! That means that she knows what she's doing.

She talked about some of the things she'd gathered from Jake, and said that when Captain America has his R&R, that we should schedule a Therapy appointment for Jake. She'll talk to Jake for part of the time, and then to use for the rest. Sounded good to me. Captain Americaneeds to be involved with this too :) And I'm sure that he would like it too!

The waiting room smelled like fish. OK, totally random, but it was true! SO nasty. hehe. I was happy to be out of there. ha! And we headed to the elevator, and got squeezed inside with WAY too many other people. I didn't like it, and I know Aunt Sue didn't either. Jake didn't seem to notice...

I found this on the way out! UPS!

We headed home, and the kids were happy to see us. Jim had been being a turd, and Tom was a little flustered. Maddie and her girls were upstairs watching a movie. Luckily, that was the last thing on the list for the day, and we spent the rest of the evening at home.

Aunt Sue and I did a ton more laundry, and cleared off one of the kitchen counters. It'd piled up a bit. And then we sat down with the computer, and picked out about 50 photos to get printed off for Grandma Ida! I host all my photos on Facebook, so I had to find the ones that I liked, then saved them to my computer. I hope Facebook never goes under.... ha!

We sent them to Walgreens, doubles, then I worked on editing some photos of Captain America and I to put in my picture frame that I'd bought, hung up, all while having the "fake" family inside of it. hehe. Today was the day to get rid of them!

I cooked some leg quarters for dinner. I took the chicken, oiled it, sprinkled it with a Hawaiian marinade packet, sprinkled it with Red Wine Vinegar, and a can of crushed pineapple. OMHeavens, it smelled WONDERFUL!

After dinner, we cooked 2 packages of cake mixes as cupcakes. Hopefully we have enough for Joe's party tomorrow! They smelled JUST like Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Oh yeah!

We cleaned up some more after dinner, and then put the cupcakes into the disposable trays. And yeah, I needed 2 more. Sigh. So, after bedtime, and after we got all of the kids asleep, Aunt Sue and I headed to Walgreens to pick up the photos, and look for another disposable pan.

We got the photos from Walgreens, but no disposable pan. So we decided to make a Walmart run. I wanted to get some more ziplock baggies too!

And you know how a couple of years ago, how Walmart started to get rid of ALL of their fabric departments? Well, we're getting one at the "Jaurez" walmart!!! It's pretty cool, actually. Right now, the Transmountain Walmart has one. But I don't know if any of the other ones do...

Anyway, here's the mess while it's getting put in :)

Anyone ever try this? We found it in the laundry isle, and it's scent that you can add to your wash! How cool is that! I bought some, and was actually EXCITED to do my own wash. Not gonna waste the perfumed stuff on the kids. hehe.

See, my nails are still good! I like them still, too, which is a GOOD thing :)

We paid, and headed home. And all the lights were out, and everyone was sleeping. The back door was ajar, which was a little concerning! I was afraid that boxer had got out, but I found him in Jake's room. Thank goodness!

When I turned on the lights in the living room, both Joe and Jim were sleeping on the couches. Sigh. So I took them both to their rooms. And Aunt Sue and I put the photos into the picture frame, and hung it up. What do you think????
I had some extras, so I hung them on the fridge :)
I started a load of my laundry with the scents (hehe), and sat down to blog. And Aunt Sue put the photos in an album for Grandma Ida. And it's after midnight now. Holy crap! We're gonna be tired tomorrow. SUPER long day ahead of us :)

First off, Jake has to be to Austin High School at 9am for Freshman Orientation. I"m dropping him off, then going directly to Ross Middle School for Tom's 6th grade registration. Amanda is gonna pick up the little kids at 9:45am and take them to piano. I'll pick up Jake from Austin at 11am, then pick up the little kids from Piano at 11:30am.

Then, at 1pm, Jake has Freshman registration. And then the birthday party is from 5-7 at the pool. And we have to cook the food and decorate the cakes. And get stuff ready. Then, after the party, after kids go to bed, we may make a Walmart run with Amanda. Because she's the QUEEN of price matching! And she has some ads for some KILLER deals.

And she JUST got back into town tonight from Sea World, and is leaving on Friday for New Mexico. So Thursday is our Amanda day. hehe. I'm gonna try and get the kids into Daycare on Saturday, so we can have a kid free day. Or at least a kid free afternoon/evening. ha!

Wish me luck for tomorrow! I don't know how I'm gonna get everything done. hehe. I should totally go and fill out some papers for registration...

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work! Thanks!

OooOoo, those papers flowers are DIVINE! Love the layout, sharon!


Buffy0214 said...

I was thrilled to turn the corner at our Walmart and find the fabric had returned!! It was a joyous moment for me.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Aug. 11, 2011. Thanks again.

Tammy said...

The frame looks great! Good job :) Thank you so much for the word art today :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [12 Aug 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria