Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Bug's Life

I've got everything for you guys this week! Fall and Sports and Halloween! I've got you covered! hehe :) Just looking out for ya, you know. ha! Click HERE to pop on over to the store and give it a look see :)

Layout by Sharon

Layout by Sharon

Layout by Sharon

Layout by Sharon
Layout by Trina!

So, I woke up at 5:25am again, and got Jake up and going to Seminary. And Jakes room REEKED of dog crap. The dog had pooped in there.... SO not cool. At least the floor is linoleum, right? We shut the door, put the dog in the kennel, and headed to Seminary. He was gonna have a fun mess to clean up when he got back from class...

Did I tell you I had an "Epiphany" the other day while driving to Seminary? Well, I was pondering why my sales had been so low all year long, and wondering what had changed. I wasn't doing anything differently business wise. What was I don't differently personally? And the spirit whispered to me that it was my spirituality that was different. I'd almost stopped reading my scriputres. My prayers were very lacking. Family prayers were VERY hit or miss. So we'd been having family prayers this week. The past few days I'd been praying. And today I was gonna listen to the book of mormon on my iPod on the way to Seminary.

Jake was NOT happy. Vocally so, but I didn't let it deter me. I plugged it in, and we listened to it for 10 minutes on the drive to seminary, and I listened to it for 10 more minutes after he went inside. Then I slept for the rest of the time. Yeah, I'm liking the new morning routine :)

We headed back home after seminary, and I got the kids ready as quickly as I could. They were grouchy from staying up late last night from scouts. Jake cleaned up the poop mess, and I took the kids to the bus stop. It was just Crystal and I at the bus stop this morning. I don't know where all the other mom's were! hehe.

Amanda and Austin were flying to Denver today to see her Dad. He's in the hospital, and the were going for the weekend for a visit. So I guess I know where she was. She gets a pass. hehe. But everyone else should have been there! LOL :)

Anyway, I went back, and started to get ready for our appointment. Jake had a follow up with the nutritionist. Luckily at the On Post TMC, not the one clear across at Biggs. We headed out at 8am, and got there on time. We got right in to talk with the lady, and I don't think she'd ever dealt with Aspergers kids before. She wasn't used to his odd speech patterns, and kept looking at him oddly. She wasn't really prepared for his odd answers, and looked at him strangely when he wanted to hold my hand. I think she needs to take a class in special needs kids. How rude...

Anyway, Jake had lost 3 lbs, and according to her records, grew 3 inches. They had him as 5'6". Yeah, I knew he was 5'9"... hehe. I made them remeasure him and put it correctly in there. He's now 217. So losing 3 lbs is a good start, right? Better than gaining for the month :)

When the appointment was over, we went and did 1/2 of his labs. We were supposed to have come earlier in the month, but I forgot, what with all the drugs and such I was taking earlier. That Topomax really did a number on me. Anyway, Jake was supposed to be fasting, and wasn't, so they only did the non-fasting blood work. We'll come back some other time, fasting, for the other blood work. Some time when he can still make the bus. Oh yeah, that's a GREAT idea! I don't think he realizes that he can actually make the bus! hehe :) I'm so mean...

Anyway, we got the blood drawn, got a note from the dietician, and headed off to Austin. I dropped him off at the front doors, had him give the notes to the attendance office, and I headed home. I changed into hiking clothes, transferred my stuff from my original hiking backpack to my cool Camelback water pouch Captain America had got for me, and in the process found my parks pass! Yes! THAT's where it had gone!

I headed over to Kari's house to pick here up, and we headed to the mountains to hike. We went on a 40 minute hike, and I know it wasn't much of a work out for her. But I was sweating. And it was a good beginner hike for me. Cause I let myself get out of shape. And I was dying. I'm trying to get back in shape. I really am... Sorry, Kari. I'll do better.

We headed back home, and I stayed a few minutes over at Kari's so that we could get our calendars all in sync. There's SO many activities going on this month, and we needed to make sure that we didn't miss anything. Kids activities, grown up activities, fun activities, boring stuff, important stuff. All sorts of things. hehe :) We got it all scheduled in, and I headed back home.

I was SO tired, that I just went straight to my bed, and I laid down. And woke up around 2pm. I guess I was tired, huh???

I nibbled on a little bit on turkey meat and a few cheese crackers, but it felt funny to chew. I wanted to go look for a present for my Halloween party tomorrow, so I hopped in the car, and off I went. I headed to Big Lots.

But there was hardly any Halloween stuff left! So I headed to Family Dollar, hoping they'd have more. Nope. Not so much. I got some fake Lysol, and some disenfectant wipes, but no Halloween stuff. I did buy a little tiny carton of Oreo Ice cream, though ,and a package of disposable spoons for the way home. Just for me. Because it was soft, and cold, and I could eat it. And it wouldn't hurt my poor tooth and I was starving. Or my tummy thought so, anyhow...

Next door was little Casears, and I thought I could play that off as Halloween-ish for a gift. hehe. So I got a gift certificate. LOL! There ya go! If you're coming to my party, don't read this party! Wait, I should have said that before, right?

And I got back in the car, and headed back to post. I busted out my ice cream and my spoons only to realize that I'd bought a package of 48 forks. Nice one... Who cares, I busted out my ice cream and my fork, and dug in. It was frozen, and I still ate it. ROFL!

I got home, put my stuff away, and in not time flat it was time for the bus. I chatted with Crystal was we waited for the bus. Kari and I took our kids to the Ice Rink after school to go skating. We couldn't talk anyone else at the bus stop into coming with us, though. It's completely free to military kids on Thursdays from 4-5 in the fall and winter. I'm all about free, you know.

Anyway, we loaded up, and headed out. Just as we were leaving the gate, we saw Tom walking from Ross. Pretty fast, actually. He was trying to make it before they locked the gate. Yeah, he wasn't gonna make it, I don't think. He needed to be running. hehe. He was SO excited to see us, though. I picked him up, and he came ice skating with us!

We drove down to the ice rink, and the kids got to skate for about 50 minutes. Last year, the Hockey team taught the lessons. This year, it's the figure skaters. Yeah, the little boys didn't think it was AS much fun, but we told them it was the figure skaters who were paying for their free skate rental and ice time. So they went along with it. Kind of. hehe.

We loaded up after the hour and came home. I'd started some chicken and potatoes in the crock pot earlier in the day, so we had that for dinner. Then I got Eme and Jim ready for Soccer, and off we went. IT was a super crazy busy evening. I made Joe stay home and do homework and clean his room. Jake and Tom were doing chores when I left.

I dropped Eme off at her game, then drove over to Jim's. We were a tad bit late. I chatted with Kari for the game, and Jim's team scored 2 goals, or so I heard. After the game, we loaded back up, and headed home, swinging by the other field to pick up Eme. She was hanging with some friends, waiting for us.

We got home, and it took another solid hour to get everyone in bed. My head started to hurt on the way to Soccer. I think what it was was that I hadn't had enough caffeine for the day. I'm used to more. I usually have an Excedrine migraine. Or more soda. And I hadn't. No sonic run. No pills. I only had one soda. So I took another one to the game. And it's not enough.

So it's almost 10pm. And i've loaded my store. I've blogged. I'm sleepy. I need to go to bed. But my head hurts. Should I take an excedrine migraine? Can I sleep with caffeine coursing through my veins? Should I take a sleeping pill and an excedrine migraine? hehe. Do they counteract each other? LOL! I'm so pathetic. hehe.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the pNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!

LOVE the browns and the greens, Sharon! Great layout, my dear! Lovin' it!


Tink said...

Thank you!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Oct. 21, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [22 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [23 Oct 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria