Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Happiness Is ...

Eme was feeling much better on Friday morning, so she got to go to school. Poor thing. I hate it when my kids are sick. I got everyone ready and out the door, then got ready for my meeting. I was attending a class through AFTB (Army Family Team Building) on Courtesy, Customs, and Traditions. It started at 8:30am.

I thought I knew where the building it was held in was, but when I drove past it, it was called something else. Dang! I finally figured out where it was. LOL. Pace Hall - Sage Hall. Similar, right - LOL! I made it on time, anyway. LOL!

The class ran from 8:30 am - 2:30 pm, and they gave us vouchers for child care. Pretty good deal :) I learned all about Teas, Coffees, Hail & Farewells, Ball attire, Change of Commands, and a little about Chain of Command. Pretty good stuff to know. There were some pretty nice and fun girls there too! That always makes it more enjoyable.

I got home at 3ish, cleaned the house for a while, and took a short nap. Sitting all day long will wear you out - ROLF! When the kids got home from school, I directed chores to be done, got them a snack, and got ready for my date with Captain America.

We were going to a Hail and Farewell. It's the social "party" for the leaders within the Unit when new people come in and other people move out of the unit. It was at a BBQ joint, and was pretty good. I didn't know anyone, so that was a little weird. Seemed like nice people, though. Good food. A little spicy for me, but ok.

Here's Captain America in the car on the way to dinner


And me



After the Hail and Farewell (it was only 8:30pm), we met up with Adela, Andrea, and Katy at the Centennial (a place on post) for Hip Hop DJ night. Yeah, it had the potential to be really good. Potential, being the key word there. It sucked pretty bad. They had this violin Hip Hop band that was the highlight of the night. But no one was dancing then. It was more like a concert. After that, they had 2 DJ's play 7 minutes worth of music, and the audience judged.

The first guy was just terrible. The 2nd guy played 1 1/2 minutes of good stuff. Captain America went to take a nap in the car (yeah, he's not into that kind of music AT ALL - ROFL!), and the girls and I danced for a few minutes. By few, I mean the 1 1/2 minutes. LOL! One of these days, we'll get to go dancing where they actually place music that we can dance to. hehehe.

After that, we decided to leave. We went to Applebees, and got sodas and appetizers. It was pretty fun.

Here's Katy and Adela


Andrea and Katy (Dang, Katy, has anyone ever told you that you're WHITE (heehehe))

Adela and I


See, Katy doesn't look quite so white next to me - hehehe

We got home at midnight, and I started designing and blogging. Not sure what we're doing on Saturday. Apparently there's a garage sale at one of my neighbors houses in the morning. And the other neighbor kid has a birthday party at the bowling alley (for Tom & Jake) at noon-ish. And Captain America wanted to go to Hueco Tanks too. Don't know if/what we're gonna end up doing.

As I was trying to decide what to do for a freebee tonight (12:20am on Saturday morning), I saw this saying and thought it would be PERFECT. Because I know that you all have photos of what Happiness is to each one of you. And it'll be different for each one of you, too!

Click on the links below to go to my accounts to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thx! :-)

Rose said...

I love that you always include photos of yourself!! You looked very nice on your way to dinner. And I'd say your happiness is...your family. Great post!