Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Everything Happens for a Reason

Well, First official day of Spring Break is over :) And it was a pretty good one. I'd texted Terra last night, to make plans for Savers this morning. I said 9am, and she said it was WAY too early. So I decided that sleeping in sounded good.

So, at 9:15am, when I got a text from Terra saying that she'd JUST left post for Savers, I was in scramble mode. Because I was totally still in bed and asleep - hehe. I hopped up, threw on some clothes, pulled my hair back, grabbed some yogurt, and Eme and Tom and I headed for Savers. 15 minutes after I woke up - ha!

Jake and Jim and Joe stayed home to play, but Tom and Eme really wanted to come. So off we went. And yeah, I don't think that Savers was what Tom expected. After being SO excited for months to go, it was kinda a let down - hehe. He did end up with 3 new shirts, though. Jim got a pair of pants, and Eme got 4 shirts and a jacket. Me? Nope, nothing this time. That was my goal! Since I still haven't put away all the clothes from last time - ha!

I ended up only spending $10. And that came out of the Kid's Clothes fund. Pretty cool, huh ? hehe. I was proud of myself. Terra and her twins and her 12 year old and 2 of her friends were there too. I think they had a good time as well.

Then, we all loaded up, and headed to Dollar Tree. I needed bread. But they were out. Crap. I did get some bowls (finally) and some swim stuff. Since we were going to the pool today. A few beach balls and some swim noodles and some goggles. And a snack for Eme and Tom, and we all loaded up again, and headed to the Mall. Terra's girls wanted to go to the Jewelry box. And I'm always up for a trip there.

We looked around there for a few minutes, but I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. I did snap a few pics of us in the mall, though :)


Lovely, aren't I?
We got home, and I had the kids do their chores (a little bit), and we had lunch, and I cleaned out the truck (Dude, how did that many dishes and trash and clothes end up in the truck????), and got ready for the pool.

And it was Terra and kids and Kari and kids and me and kids, and Tara (Terra's friend) and kids. And we really did have a good time letting the kids play and chatting. Good times :)

Check out the goggle marks on the poor kids face - ha!



It's official! All 5 of my kids know how to swim, and they've never had a swim lesson!







We were home by 3:30pm, and I was exhausted. I had my snack, and made the kids clean up. Joe and Jake wanted to spend the night at Leo's house (Kari), so I told them that they had to have their chores done, AND their rooms cleaned first. Worked like a charm. hehe.

Once things were cleaned, I laid down on the couch and tried to nap. Yeah, napping with 5 kids mulling around and a dog is NOT very productive. Not very productive at all. hehe. Once Jake and Joe left for Leo's house, I retreated to my room, and got in an hours nap. And woke up at dinner time, but still felt sleepy. Not sure what that was all about.

I made a Biscuits and Gravy casserole for the kids, and my normal turkey burger and steamed veggies. Jimmy helped me make the casserole. I took 2 packages of refrigerator biscuits, and cut them in quarters. Then added 1 lb of cooked turkey sausage, 1 can of chicken gravy, and 1 can of cream of mushroom soup. And mixed really well, then put in a casserole dish, and baked at 400 for about 30 minutes (it could have been less, I wasn't really paying attention). My kids devoured it!

I sent Eme and Jim to bed at 8pm, and Tom and I watched 2 episodes of Chuck. Well, are watching 2 episodes of Chuck, to be exact. It's now 9pm. And the 2nd episode just started. I'm gonna go watch my show with Tom :)

Tomorrow, we're gonna go to McDonalds Playland, and let the kids eat and run and have fun. Should be a good time! We may or may not catch a movie afterwords. We'll see how it goes :)


Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Awe, sweet layout! Is that her grandpa? Thanks, Sharon!


11 comments:

Sherry Out Loud said...

Love Love LOVE this WA!!! Thanks so much!!!! This is my 16-year-old daughter's favorite saying!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Mar. 15, 2011. Thanks again.

semoharty said...

good news on cleaning out the truck! And of course Jimmy swimming now. And Joe certainly takes after his Papa Steve, eh, with the SCUBA gear!

A great Spring Break day...good job, Super Mom! Love you....

Marilou said...

Thank you for sharing your talent and your life with us!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [16 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Gwen said...

Have you noticed that many of your old links do not work (to save the file)? I just tried to get all the ones under "Grandparents" and I think there were at least 3-4 of the links that don't work. It's kind of frustrating...

I do love your work and thanks for all the time you have put into this. It would just save everyone time if you erased the links that don't work anymore so we don't try and get them. Thanks!

a said...

Gwen, well, you are right that it would save everyone else time if I erased all of the links that didn't work. Or just fix them.

But, that would require a lot of work on my part. I would have to go and test each and every link that I have up, and see which ones are working. Then, I"d have to go in and manually delete them.

And I've given away a freebie everyday for over 3 years. That's a TON of links. And work.

And, most designers don't leave up their freebies more than a few weeks, let alone 3 years. So, really, if you look at it like that, this site really does have a TON of stuff on it.

I just really don't have the time to go and make sure that each and every freebie is up and working. I barely have time to keep up with the things that I have going on right now - hehe.

Sorry, my dear, that I can't do more. Hope you understand :)

Bethany :)

Anonymous said...

Well said that woman!

There is one question I have for you.....what are biscuits?
In UK biscuits are what you call cookies, and the thought of cookies in gravy - eeuww....
Thanks

Julie

Sandy_in_MD said...

Your Savers bargains are amazing - I wish we had one here in MD. Thanks for today's word art!

Kelley said...

This is what I tell myself! Thank you.

deb said...

Great word art!