Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Sock It To Me

Day 2 of Spring Break, over! Yes! hehe. I'm loving not having to get up super early, but it sure makes for long days when one has a house full of kids.... I don't know what I'm gonna do over the summer. hehe.

I set my alarm for 7:20am, knowing that Terra and I had tenative plans to go to the Commaissary after 8am. And yeah, apparently I set it for 7:20pm. Because I woke up at 7:45am, and still no alarm. Oops. So I hurried and hopped in the shower, and got part way ready. Foundational make up only. I should have just gone ahead and put it all one. And I just blow dried my hair, but didn't style it. Again, should have taken the extra few minutes. Oh well...

I printed out my shopping list, and figured out what all we needed from the store, and did a few other jobs around the house. Here's Tom and Boxer playing with a balloon. That dog LOVES balloons. Look how intently he's sitting there, waiting for Tom to release it.

Jake and Joe came home in the late morning, and Terra and I ended up going to the grocery store around 9:30am. I stopped by the post office to mail Captain America's St Patrick's box first. Yeah, it's gonna be late, but it's the thought that counts, right? hehe. The line was super long. I'd never had to wait in line that long at the On Post Post Office before. Must have just hit it at a bad time/day...

And then, I met Terra at the Commissary in the produce. She had her twins, and her 12 year old, and her daughters friend with her. The girls pushed the twins, and Terra and I shopped for food.

She found these in the Sushi section. Um, yeah, doesn't look too appetizing...
I got all of the food we needed for the week, and we went to wait in line. See, here's my food :)
And me. Yeah, totally should have gone with the make up...

I headed home after paying for my groceries, and sang into my microphone the WHOLE way home :)
I had all of the kids help me carry in groceries, then I put them away, fed the kids a snack, worked on my budget for a few minutes, and it was time to go to McDonalds. We were meeting Friends there to play in the playland. And drink unlimited free refills on soda. Well, I was, anyway - hehe.

Terra and her 3 (2, 2, 12), and Tara and her 3 (12,14,17), and Amber and her 1 (5), and Kari and her 3 (6, 8, 15), Leigh and her 2 (10, 12), and me and my 5 (5, 7, 9, 11, 13) were there. And it was SUPER loud and crazy. But fun. We went to the big indoor playland McDonalds, and the place was crowded. I ended up taking an Imitrex 1/2 way through lunch, but it was all good. I have to do that for places like Chuck E Cheese too. Cause of all the noise.

Leigh and Kari
Mmmm, soda, even if it WAS Diet Coke
Me and Terra
We were at McDonalds for like 2-1/2 hours. But it was fun. There were limited fighting go on. Jake and Tom get into it a few times. But after being separated for a bit, they were good. The last hour was very calm and pleasant.

And then everyone left for home, and my gang and I headed to Fallas, across the street. Because I knew that the one on Montwood had good kites for cheaper than Walmart, and I was taking a gamble that this one did too.

And I was right! They had the $4 vinyl kites. Sure, they had Dogs on them, but still, it was a good kite for cheap. hehe. The same type kite was $9 at Walmart. I got one for each kid, and bought on for Kari's kids too.

And then we headed home.

Between 4 and 5pm, I went over to Terra's house to sew. I made a new apron, and she worked on some Pillowcase dresses. They're actually pretty cute! But then her machine started acting all possessed and junk. Anyone know why? The bottom part of the stitch was all lose and freaky. Yeah, I wasn't much help...

Eventually, I pack up my stuff, and headed back home. And cooked Sloppy Joes for the kids for dinner, and helped them do their chores. And the house looked SO much better after. Kids played outside, and with friends for a while.

Then, by 7pm, they were all inside and settling down for the evening. Here's Jim with his legos.
And poor Joe. He keeps licking his lips. And it gets crusty/scabby. And then dirty. And yeah, he has a molestashe...
And here's proof that my boys DO like each other.... sometimes :) Boxer was TOTALLY scamming on Jake's apple during the picture. hehe. I think he managed to sneak a lick or two...
And me. Yeah, I know, I need to stop picking at my zits/face/scabs. Bad me!
I designed quite a bit this evening. I got 12 (YES, 12!) WordArt packs designed! Can you believe it!?! It felt really good to let my creative juices out - hehe.

And I put the little kids to bed at 8:30pm, and Jake and Tom and I watched an episode of Chuck, then we watched Signs. They both LOVED it. I think it scared Tom a little bit, because he came to sit by my for the last half. hehe.

And as I sent the big kids to bed around 11:30pm, I could hear them upstairs making a "plan" for when/if aliens attacked. ROFL! Something about water guns and what to do with the dog when he "turned" on them. hehe. Silly boys :)

Well, it's late. And I'm sleepy. I'm gonna finish this up, and go to bed. I'm supposed to go to exercise group in the morning. But I'm also supposed to make dessert for our Kite Flying picnic.... Not sure which I'll do. I wasn't planning on hitting a creative spurt tonight. I was supposed to bake. But, any of you artistic people out there know, if the mood hits, strike while the iron's hot!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

LOVE the Sock Monkey, my dear! Thanks, Sharon :)


Made by Mandy said...

Hi Bethany,

Regarding the sewing machine problem if the bottom thread is loose that usually means there is a problem with the thread on the bobbin. First check the tension on it, make sure the thread is behind held back by the tension, you usually have to pull it slightly to make sure it snaps into position. If it is in the right place then the bobbin tension may be too loose and needs a slight adjustment to tighten it up. This is usually a small screw.

If it is neither of these causing the problem then it may be that the thread has been wound onto the bobbin unevenly in the first place. This can be eradicated by using a fresh bobbin and re-winding it onto it.

Hope that helps and thank you for the lovely freebies xxx

More of Mom's Special Moments said...

Bethany, put Vaseline on Joe's lips at night, I've heard thats the trick to them healing overnight. . good day to ya Missy. . mom

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Mar. 16, 2011. Thanks again.

Crunchy_Conservative said...

Love the WA. As always, thank you for sharing so generously. I don't have any sock monkey picture, but I did just finish knitting a pair of socks my 4YO has been begging for. Sounds like I need to do some scrapping!

Oh, I find the BEST overnight cure for chapped lips is the Chapstick brand *medicated* chapstick. Layer it on thick right before bed. My lips literally go from cracked to healed overnight.


Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [17 Mar 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

semoharty said...

Nice pics and stories as always, Babygirl. Good job on your designing. love me

Kelley said...

Thank you for the word art.
I agree with Mandy about the thread issue. Check the bobbing tension.

deb said...

Thanks for the word art!