Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Hey Sugar

It was a relaxing Saturday in the Harty household! Gotta love that. I slept in until around 8am. I think that's when it was. Only a few kids were awake when I got up. The slowly trailed out of their rooms. And Jim was the last one awake. Joe had spent the night at Cory's house, so there was no one to wake Jim up in the morning. hehe.

Anyway, we spent the morning doing nothing. Hanging out. Playing on electronics. Watching TV. Just being lazy. The house was mostly clean. We nibbled on left overs. It was a good time.

Around 10:30am, I texted Kim and asked if she wanted to go with me to the Clothing supply store and to the post office to mail a package to Captain America. He needed a new ACU top. She said yeah, so we left our kids at home (with responsible (enough) people), and headed out.

I snapped a few pictures of my gang before I left. See how good they were being. hehe. Very entertained :)




Kim's middle schooler, Hunter, came with us too. I joked with him that he just wanted to come with us to hang out with me and my cool hat. He liked the horns. ROFL! I'm not sure that he knows what to think of me. I'm kinda a freak, you know. Especially for "cool" middle school 8th grade boys. ROFL!

We went to Clothing supply and got the ACU top. In and out in about 3 minutes. And we grabbed a Diet Mt Dew for the road. Oh yeah. And checked the PX mall for the Miche girl to see if she had a Brown big bag, but nope. None yet. But she did have a tiny purse that Kim ended up getting. With an extra shell! Super cute!!! While I was gone, Jake texted and said that he was going to Justins to play. Sounded good to me :)

And then we headed to the post office. I headed in, grabbed the flat rate box, the mailing label, and the customs form, filled everything out, got it all assembled, and waited in line. For like 10 minutes. But finally, it was my turn. I paid, and we were on our way.

We swung by the shoppette real fast on the way home, then Kim dropped me off. I made the kids "Turkey Balls" for lunch with our left overs. Great name, huh? hehe. You take your left over turkey, and cut it into little bits. And add the stuffing in with it. And a package of cream cheese. And make a paste of sorts. Then divide it into balls. And then wrap croissants around it. The refrigerator kind. And cover it with cream of chicken soup (milk added). And bake it in the oven until brown and done. The kids really liked it! Turkey balls! Try it with your left overs this year, ok!


They may have needed to have been cooked a tad bit longer...

And then I went to sit on the couch and do something productive with my computer. Leo came over to see if Joe could play, but he was already over at Cory's house. So then Leo asked if Jim could come over and play. hehe. So Jim went to Leo's house. Jim was SO excited! I was down to 2 kids. Now I could get some work done! And promptly fell asleep. hehe. I had the grandest of intentions. I really did. And I woke up at 3pm.

Kim said that she was gonna go to the Commissary and get some supplies for "late Thanksgiving" dinner. She'd invited my family to come! And I'd said yes, and that I wanted to come to the commissary with her too. Anyway, I texted to see if she'd left yet. She was on her way! I'd JUST made it. hehe.

We left for the commissary, and got the few things that we needed. I got what I needed for Key Lime Pie. SUPER YUM!!! The kids had wanted it for our Thanksgiving dinner, but hadn't told me until we'd sat down to eat. ha! How was I supposed to know? hehe.

Kim and Scotty and I shopped and got what we needed, then came back home. I made my pie, which was really kinda simple. It took the juice of about 8 limes. And 3 cans of sweetened condensed milk. And 1/2 cup of sour cream. And 1 TBSP of Lime zest. All mixed together. Then poured into a graham cracker crust. And baked at 350 for about 8 minutes. Then chilled. I didn't cool it enough. It would be better chilled overnight, I'm thinking. But still, it tasted pretty good!

And since I'd hard boiled 3 dozen eggs for my thanksgiving dinner, and forgotten about them, I made deviled eggs for "fake thanksgiving"! I made up about 4 dozen deviled eggs. I like mine with miracle whip and curry. Oh yeah, SUPER tasty :)
Jake and Jim came home around 5pm. And were starving. They kept eating everything in sight. So I knew that they wouldn't be hungry when we went to Kim's house. LOL. There's only so much I can do, right? hehe. Finally, at 6pm, we headed over. She said that she couldn't find her potatoes that we'd bought at Walmart yesterday. She'd searched the whole house, and they were gone. She thinks that we left them on the bottom of the cart!

Luckily, I had a TON of extras from my thanksgiving, so I brought my leftovers. Reconstituted mashed potatoes is superior to NO mashed potatoes, right? hehe. We warmed them up, and got the food on the table, and all sat down to eat. I said the prayer, and we all dug in. Jake had some punch and headed home. He said he wasn't hungry.

It really was a nice time at their house. Everyone seemed to enjoy hanging out, eating and visiting and enjoying one anothers company :) hehe, this napkin is for you, Captain America... I know how you LOVE the Bears.....
Check out this FANTABULOUS dessert that Kim made. Red velvet cake with raspberries and a vanilla yogurt/cream cheese white stuff. I'm thinking that some kind of mini white chocolate chip would be DIVINE in it too! Or crumbled Hersheys cookies and cream white chocolate bar....whats the name of it??? You know what I'm talking about, right??? Anyway, it was SO tasty!
And my Key Lime Pie.
After dinner, we cleaned up a little bit, then all sat down to watch Batman, the Dark Knight. Oh yeah, Christian Bale! hehe. We got through about 1/2 before Jim wanted to go home. Tom had already left, and Eme too. Joe had fallen asleep on the floor. So when Jim asked to go home, I figured it was my clue that I should probably go home. It was 8:45pm, and we had church the next day. hehe. I may have wanted to stay and visit/watch the movie longer, but my kids were trying to tell my that I needed to be the responsible adult and take them home. Hmpf! Sorry Batman, next time! hehe.

We managed to get Joe woken up, and walked the 2 blocks home. I had Jake and Tom and Eme do their kitchen chores because something was smelly in the kitchen. We finally found what it was. The gravy from Thanksgiving had somehow gotten left out! And had gone bad (duh!) A fresh lime chasing it down the garbage disposal did the trick! Now my house smells good again :)

It's now 10pm. I'm gonna go to sleep. I'm subbing for Jim's primary class in the morning. His teacher is on vacation in some warm tropical place. Lucky! One of these days, I'll be me!!! hehe :)
Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Awesome layout, Sharon! Lovin' the whimsical feel to it! Your daughter is beautiful :)

4 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Nov. 27, 2011. Thanks again.

deb said...

2 Thanksgivings are great! :) Thanks for word art!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [28 Nov 02:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

mrs_sweetpeach said...

The word art is sweet, but that horned hat! I *love* it!

Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours (even if I am a few days late with the message).