Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Father's Day

Morning, all! Hope your Saturday went fabulously! Well, I was supposed to get up at 6:45am and hop in the shower, but I was SO tired. I didn't. I drug my sorry butt out of bed at 7:10am, and slowly but surely got ready. I threw on some jeans, and a scouting camp shirt, a brown bandana, some DARK glasses, and I was all set.

We headed out to Day Camp at 8am. The camp was feeding us lunch, so I didn't need to pack on. Sa-weet! Here's me, in all my bandana glory! This is my "It's WAY too early for 7 kids in a suburban...." face.

I was all set to walk around with the Wolf/Bear den, but we only had one kid. And the other ward had a TON of parents, so I kinda floated during the day. I'd go with the boys sometimes and chat with the other parents/leaders, and I'd stay at certain stations and help.

Laurie came too, and helped with one of the crafts. I ended up hanging there quite a bit. Paige, from Hondo Pass ward was there, and she and I hung a bit, and Brother Hall from Hondo Pass ward. All in all, it was a good day.

Here's our Cub Scout group at the Pet Care class. That German Shepherd was MASSIVE! You know I'm not a big dog fan, right? They're scary. While he appeared super nice and friendly and mild, in my head, I just kept picturing him mauling some poor child. OK, so I got issues....

Cub Camp got over at 12:30pm, and they fed the Scouts Hot Dogs. I was SO starving, that I grabbed a Hot Dog (no bun), and ate it. It sustained me till I got home and got my real lunch. I had the kids eat lunch in the truck, and off we went. I was SUPER tired, and SO needed a nap.

I tasked the kids with cleaning their room, and quite reading time, while I took a nap. I finally got up around 3:30pm. It wasn't the most restful of sleep. Kids kept coming in and interrupting me. Sigh. I guess that's what happens when you're the mom, right?

I helped the kids clean their rooms a bit more, and started on dinner. We had pork (chicken for Jake and I), mashed potatoes, and squash. Yeah, they weren't sure about the squash, but I liked it :)

At around 6:45pm, Laurie came and picked me up. We were doing a movie. Her kids were with her in-laws in New Mexico for a few days, so she was free! She was pretty excited. I left Jake in charge, telling him to do chores, watch a movie, and put the kids to bed. They were pretty tired from the long day at Cub Camp, so it would be pretty easy :)

Laurie and I went to see 'The Killers". OMGosh, it was funny. I really liked it. More of a comedy than a suspense or action. But there was a bit of that in there too. Ashton Kutcher. And Magnum PI. Remember him? Tom Seleck? Mustache guy - hehehe.

After the movie, around 9pm, I called Jake, and made sure he'd done what I asked, which he had. What a good babysitter :)

We headed to Walmart, and were there until about 11pm. hehehe. It was FABULOUS to go without children :) We just walked and looked and chatted and giggled, and had a good time :) I ended up with a new bedding set. See the cool quilt? Yeah, $19. For a king size. And it came in a quilted tote bag. I bought cheap pillow cases for accent pillows, and that decorative one for the middle. All told, it was $36 for the set. Not too shabby. I was ready for something not brown in my bedroom. I'll pull the brown back out during Winter, I'm sure.


Anyway, back to Walmart. I got some make up (I was out of eyeliner, and my mascara was WAY old), some sunscreen for under my foundation, new toothbrushes for the kids, and new tooth paste. And we looked for Fathers Day gifts for Captain America. Well, I guess I should say I did - ha!

Since he and I will be gone next week, we're doing "Fake Fathers Day" tomorrow. hehehe. We found him a new cooler for his lunch! With containers that fit perfectly in there. And a Payday candy bar. That's his favorite. And some Fathers DAy cards. The kids will get up and make him breakfast tomorrow too. Should be a good morning :)

Then, we found beach towels for the kids/grown ups who didn't have them. We must have circled the store 2 or 3 times. hehehe. We were just having a fun time :)

After Walmart, she dropped me back off at home, I got my stuff all put away, my new bed all made, and I texted with Hilary for a bit. Yeah, we both decided that we didn't like to have the other one gone. It's just not working out so well for us apart. Come back home, hon! I miss you :(

SO, since we're doing Fake Fathers day tomorrow, AND so that you have time to make some Fathers Day cards or something, I made this WordArt for y'all! Hope you like it :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


6 comments:

Pssequimages said...

Wonderful word art---will enjoy using this on his Father's Day Card this year. Thank you.

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the lovely word art! :)

Judy said...

Great Father's Day word art.....our FD is in September, so I've got plenty of time to do something with this. Right?....wrong!

The way this year has flown by it'll be Xmas before I think about Father's Day....LOL

Sounds like you had a great time without the kids.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Anonymous said...

Love reading your blog, you are so fun. Thank you for another wonderful word art. =)

caribbean_mom said...

Just a wonderful word art. Thanks for sharing.