Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Hey there, you guys! It's now 10:28pm, and I'm SUPER sleepy. I need to go to sleep! But first, to blog...

I woke up at 6:50am, and was glad to have gotten to sleep in a bit! No seminary this morning :) Woohoo! Tom was already ready for school, and headed out the door. I got Jim and Joe ready (Eme was already ready), and walked them to the bus at 7:15am. There were a TON of Dad's there today, because it was a training holiday, and the guys got the day off.

Captain America was still sleeping. He'd gone to bed SUPER late after staying up and detailing the car. Poor guy. I got the kids off on the bus, then came back home, and got ready for the doctors appointment with Jake. It was with the Dietitian. Over on Biggs. I just assumed that it was at the new TMC...

Anyway, I went in to tell Captain America that I was leaving. And he was SO asleep that he started sleep talking to me. ROFL! Something about checking out platform 99 on my way to Biggs. He's even entertaining while he sleeps! hehe.

Jake got his stuff for school, and we headed out around 7:50am. The appointment was at 8:20am, but they wanted us there early to fill out paperwork. We got to Biggs, and the parking lot was deserted... Not a good sign. Maybe we were in the wrong place??

We looked around for a bit, and saw no one inside. It was unlocked, though. That was good, right? I tried calling a number I had for the place, and no answer. Another bad sign. Finally, I tracked down a cleaning lady, and asked her if she knew where the dietician office was. She knew it was upstairs somewhere. So she stopped what she was doing, and took me and Jake looking for the office. Such a sweetie!

We headed up the elevator, and walked to the end of the hall we thought the office should be in. There was one receptionist there, doing some paperwork. Nope the guy's office was closed. The receptionist printed out my confirmation paper, and it WAS for today at 8:20am... She didn't know what had happened.

She gave me the paper, and the dude's card, and said to call. I did one better. I took a picture of my print out, took a photo of it, and texted it to the dude. hehe. That'll work, right? I should have said "I'm here, where are you???", but I refrained. ha!

So, since there was no appointment, I drove Jake to school. Luckily, it was still early enough that he wasn't tardy. I dropped him off in front of the church, and headed home. I got my new house phone set up! Lesa had given me her old one, and I was SO thankful! Amanda showed me how to get the phone to work. Thanks, girl!

Also, Amanda had told me that her parents get free hotel rooms up in Albuquerque ALL the time. And she was gonna see if they could gt one for Captain America and I too. Whaaaat?? How totally awesome would that be?? And it was at the Hard Rock Hotel, to boot! I was excited :)

At 10am, I went to wake Captain America up. We needed to get on the road. Albuquerque is 4 hours away from El Paso. So we needed to get the show on the road! Captain America and I packed some of our stuff, and Captain America did a few things around the house.

I started some chicken leg quarters in a crock pot (rotisserie style!) for Kari to feed to my and her kids tonight. She's SUCH a sweetheart for letting them stay!!

I headed up to the school to drop off a note for Jim so Kari could pick him up. And swung by Fallas to grab another dress like the purple/teal one. It wasn't quite the same, but I liked it. Well, I wasn't sure about the blue leopard boobs, but I liked it for the most part. hehe.

I put on a new coat of make up, and brushed out my hair, and I was ready to go!

I found this shirt at Fallas for Jim. Hot Wheels are one of his favorite things!
Socks for Emeline
I made a shake out of Greek yogurt, milk, splenda, a bit of water, and some tropical frozen fruit. OMHeavens, SO good! I like shakes, just not protein powder. hehe, Boxer was giving me his "Where's mine" look...
Nope, it'a ALL for me!
And finally, around 1:30pm, we headed out. I know, WAY off schedule... We swung by the post office to send back some boots of Captain Americas, then were on the road. 2pm, and we left El Paso.

We had our first "potty break" outside of Las Cruces. And I snapped a few pictures in the rest area :)

And on we drove. Well, on I drove. Captain America was the passenger. After our rest stop, he decided he needed a nap. So I turned off his music, and turn on my car dancing music. hehe. And sang and had a GREAT time!

We were supposed to stop in Truth or Consequences for gas, but Captain America was still sleeping. I decided that I could make it to Soccorro. It wasn't that much further.

Captain America woke up, and here's a nice pic of the two of us :)

We stopped in Soccorro at the Walmart for gas and snacks and a few toiletries. Isn't this coat AWESOME? Yeah, not an El Paso coat, but still, I thought it was cool!

We grabbed some protein-ish snacks, and a few toiletries that we needed, paid, and headed out. And we were on the road again!

And about 5 minutes from where we were headed, a light and noise starts dinging... Whaaaat? Oh yeah, gas. We TOTALLY forgot to get gas! Crap! Luckily, there's a gas station right near the hotel. And the Hotel isn't inside of Albuquerque all the way. It's on our side.

We stopped at the gas station, and Captain America filled up. And I darted to the bathroom. Aaahhh, much better! We paid, and headed out. Here's the sign for the Hard Rock Hotel!

We parked, and walked on up to the hotel part.
It was AMAZING inside!!! So cool and fancy! I loved it! Amanda and family had already checked in, and had our room key waiting for us! We just had to show our ID, and leave their names and our room number. Can do!

The end tables were lights, too! So freakin' cool!

We got our key card, and headed up to the elevator. And they were glass. Great... That's just Wonderful for my fear of heights. hehe. We got in, and tried to make the elevator work. With no luck. Another couple got in, and they didn't have any better luck. Apparently, you had to put your room key inside of the elevator place to even get it to go...

We rode it up and down a few times to pick up people coming down. But never to our floor. IT was getting quite comical. ha! Finally, the front desk lady saw us, and hustled over to help us. hehe. We're dorks!

Me, scared, in the elevator. hehe
View from the top!

We got to the top, found the room, and OH YEAH, they were AWESOME! Nice soft feather pillows, memory foam pillow top on 2 large beds, and great decorations! All rock themed (go figure!) Here's Elvis, for my mom and Tom!

We dropped off my purse and our laptops, and headed back downstairs to grab our suitcase. But decided to look around first. There was a TON of cool memorabilia stuff to look at in the lobby!

We hit up the gift shop and found t-shirts that we just HAD to have!

We got some used dice for the kids, and picks for those with guitars. And the lady threw in 6 decks of cards for our family. Awe thanks!

And we walked around a bit more, and found the casino. I posed with it, but this is as close as I got. hehe. You could just smell the smoke pouring out of that place :)

After seeing what was to be seen, we headed out to the car. We'd parked FOREVER away. But found a SUPER close parking spot on the way back to the car. So Captain America guarded it, and I ran back to the car. And drove it on over to our new up front spot. hehe.

We grabbed our suitcases, and headed upstairs. We got our stuff situated, hung for a bit, then Captain America went to lift. I took a nice, soaking bath, then started blogging. And it's now late. Well, it's only 11pm. It's not late if you don't have to get up early tomorrow.

But I do, have to get up early. We wanna leave the hotel by 6am, to make it to the temple by 6:30am, to get our clothes and changed and stuff, and make a 7am session in the temple. I told Kari that we'd come home in the morning. So we need to hustle!

I'm super excited! And as for the Prozac saga, I had a good day today. No violent mood swings. I was on 20 (don't know the unit...), and then on the 24th, they upped it to 30. So I had 30 for 7 days. Then only 10 for 3 days. And yeah, it must have been enough of a drastic drop to mess things up. But I am feeling things more now. And I think when Captain America leaves, I'll be able to get back on a schedule of some sorts of good habits. They kinda all stopped when I stopped caring so much. oops :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Great layout, Sharon! LOVE the hair - hehe. And the layering is PERFECT! Good job!


Mom2mykids said...

Sorry you're having issues with the Prozac. I did too, so I quit taking it years ago. But I've been having depression problems so my doctor put me on sertraline this time. Much better! I even care about stuff!! Maye you can talk about switching meds? Thanks for the word art!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [04 Sep 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria