Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, December 9, 2011

Horsing Around, the Blog

New stuff in the store!!! I hope you all enjoy it!!! Click HERE to go to my store :)

So it was a crazy busy day. Super crazy and busy. hehe. I decided that since I'm not gonna be wearing my ugly Christmas Sweater anymore, it was best used as a sleep shirt. And yeah, I woke up with this name tag on my face. ROFL! Classy, huh?
I got the kids on the bus, and showered and got ready for the day. I know, right? I showered! hehe. I was ready to go by 9am, so I decided to go to Big Lots and see what they had. I'm still trying to earn my 20% off reward to get my dishes! I still want that set. It's the prettiest set I've seen, so far....

I was supposed to meet the girls at the beauty school right at 10am, but decided to meet Amanda at her house at 10am for her final housing clearing inspection instead. Gotta be there for my friend, right???

Check out the dead pizza road kill I found. hehe.
The woman doing the clearing process was VERY prompt, and it only took about 5 minutes. And then we were done, and on the road, and headed to the beauty school. Kari was attending a Formal Ball tonight, and was getting her hair done, a pedi and a mani. And the rest of us were just along for some fun. Here's Kari, getting her hair fixed. It got REALLY big and bad before it got under control. hehe. She was pretty worried!
Veronica getting a deep conditioning and repair treatment. I want one!
I got a pedicure. My toes were pretty nasty. It felt SO good!!!

Maggie got her eyebrows waxed. So did Amanda.
Veronica getting her pedicure
Rebecca's pedicure, and Amanda watching. Maggie is way down on the other end getting a manicure.
Silly Rebecca!
Oh dear!!!
It felt SOOO good!!! Totally worth the $20 I paid for it :)
Rebecca's toes when she was done :)

I picked a glittery redish-gold color for my polish.

We were there a total of about 3 hours. It took a long time, but Kari look AMAZING when she was done. Check out her fabulous hair!!!

After the beauty school, everyone headed out to their various activities. I was meeting my Visiting Teachers from church at the Mall for an Ice Cream date. Sounded good to me. hehe. Love me some Marble Slab ice cream!!!
White chocolate Raspberry. It has caramel and almonds and raspberries in it. Super good :)
Misti and Rebecca, my Visiting Teachers!

Rebecca's little guy.
We sat on a bench and ate our ice cream, and chatted for a bit, then went downstairs and let Rebeccas kid play on the machines.... Or maybe it was for me?

Rebecca's baby. I got a smile out of him!
After my visiting teaching appointment, I went to Game Stop to do some Christmas Shopping. I decided that since the older kids got Laptops, my boys could get some used DSi's. That works, right? They aren't so bad, used. They had one, and then an old beater one. I got them both, just in case no other Game Stop in town had a newer one.

I paid, and headed back to post. And swung by the On Post Game Stop. They had a lot more choices there. I traded the old one in for a newer used one, so the boy's games match. And got 2 different covers so we can tell them apart. And some on sale games. I really think they'll like it. Sweet. That's done.

Then I hustled back to the bus stop. And got my kids. Kim had asked me if I would go to visit Scotty with her at the hospital. He had asked for me!!! What a sweetheart! hehe. So, I said that if Tim watched me kids and got Tom from Basketball, that I'd be able to go.

We did our after school stuff, and I changed clothes real fast. I found a box of winter clothes in the garage, and found a white thermal shirt that looked warm :)

Jake went to the Youth Center after school, and Jim and Joe went to Kim's house. Eme went with Rebecca to Basketball. And Kim and I dropped Tom off at the Youth Center on the way to see Scotty.

Traffic was horrible, and by the time we stopped to get Scotty some snacks and got to the place, we only had about 30 minutes to visit. He was happy to see us, though. Scotty was doing VERY well. He LOVES the hospital. Thriving, in fact. I think the group home setting would be perfect for him. Kim asked him about it, and he actually said that he'd prefer it. He has an odd disconnect that comes with Autism. He's not attached like you and I are.

Kim and family are moving to Germany sometime next year, and Scotty can't come with them because of his special need. There isn't the resources over there for him. So it's either they don't go, Scotty lives with a relative, or he goes to a group home. He was thinking that the group home sounded great. Scotty is so sweet :)

After the visit, Kim and I headed out, and stopped by Hobby Lobby on the way home. Joe SO wanted his Cub Scout ornament. It took a while, but I finally found it. I grabbed one, and we looked at a few other things. Like this lovely crown. ha!
And this hat! LOL

Check out this Yoda Tree Topper! How cool is that!
That's a big wreath!
I ended up getting this Christmas Box because it was Cardinal Themed! It's for you, Captain America!!!
This goes with it, too!

And I just LOVED this ornament!

Cardinals, again!
We came home, and swung by the Youth Center at Biggs to get Jake. He was sitting outside waiting for us. I told him that I'd be a little late picking him up if he went, but he was ok with that.

And we headed back to Kim's house. We got Jim and Joe, and headed home. I dropped all the kids off, and got them situated for Bed. Kim and I and Maggie and Amanda were gonna make one last Horrah trip to Walmart before Amanda's move (gasp!).

I took the kids inside, and showed Joe his ornament. And he, of course, noticed what was wrong RIGHT away....
Yup, it lost pointer finger, and is flipping everyone off. Not very Scoutly of him, now is it.... Joe thought it was AWESOME, and insisted on hanging it up on the tree right away. Sigh. I think I need a new ornament. hehe.

My kids headed to bed, and the girls and I headed out. Walmart is fun with friends, you know! We picked up Maggie, then got Amanda from the Hotel. Then went to the Transmountain Walmart. And found a ton of interesting things. Like this pudding. Um, yeah, color changing pudding? I think not~
I don't like eggnog... Sorry, kid. None this year! hehe :)

"Stop thinking about Amanda leaving!"
Kim trying out the little persons chair. Ha!
Poinsettias for my house! LOVE Poinsettias :)
Got these for the kids' stockings. The were only $6, and came with the toothbrush and the tooth paste! Cool, huh???
And I thought that I needed this one. LOL! But I didn't get it... I thought that might be too much - ROFL!
We were there for hours and hours, it seemed. It was 2 1/2 at least, I think. It was a long time. Eventually, we paid, and headed home. And I still had to load my store and blog! I was exhausted! And my computer wasn't playing nicely. Freakin' thing... Luckily, it seems to be doing better now. I keep doing the virus check, and it keeps getting little things. Hopefully it'll catch it all soon.

Anyway, I did my best. I got the store loaded and the wordart hosted. That was about all I could do. And I went to bed. At 1:30am, I fell into bed EXHAUSTED. Yeah, that's one way to sleep well at night, right? Totally and completely exhaust yourself....

1 comment:

Sharon-shutterbug said...

Hmmm . . . no word art today?