Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tenth

So, any of you who are my friends on facebook know it!!!! Captain America is BACK!!!! Oh yeah!!! It's been hard to keep it a secret this long, but the day has FINALLY came!!!

I planned every second of the day up until his flight came in - hehe. Because I didn't wanna have to sit at home and watch the seconds tick by - hehe :)

Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night. Even with the sleep pill. Ha! Go figure, right? I woke up at 5 something am, and finally got out of bed at 6:15am and went to cook breakfast. Amazing, I know. I made scrambled eggs with cheese, and english muffins. I knew the kids would be super excited. hehe.

Tom woke up first, then Eme. Then Joe and Jim got up, excited about the food. Then Jake. I got them all ready, and Tom headed out, and we headed to the bus stop. And it was SUPER cold outside. OK, so not super. But it was chilly. It was raining. And a little snowy. But not super snowy.

Then I headed home, put on a freshy layer of make up, and straightened my hair. And I looked GOOD. hehe :) And went to pick up Kari. We were going shopping! And Captain America called from somewhere back East!!! He was states side!!! Oh yeah! I was ecstatic!

Kari and I headed to Savers, and I found the PERFECT pair of black slacks that I was looking for. And a really cute outfit for Eme. Kari found a TON of stuff. I was too focused on the Slacks to really have a good Savers shopping day - hehe. My mind was on other things today - can you blame me? ha!

We paid, and headed back towards post. And went to Bassett center. I wanted to go and look at a shirt that Kim and I had seen the other day. A red one with sequins. it would be PERFECT for today. They only had 2 left in the store, and one of them was on the maniquin. But luckily I got one! And it fit. Pfew! And I found a black shirt to go under it. Oh yeah :) AND, a huge red sparkly watch! I heard that big watches are in this season, right? hehe :)

Then, it was off to the Jewelry box to get some red accessories. And I ended up getting all silver. ROFL! Oh well, it works, right! Then, I headed back to post, dropped Kari off, and headed home to get ready for lunch with the girls. Check out how much Kari bought. hehe :)


A good friend totally would have helped her carry stuff to the door. ROFL! Sorry, friend! I'm a dork. I just threw her out and sped home. My head was in other places!

I put on my new clothes, accessories, grabbed the kids electronics, and the truck, and headed to Olive Garden.

It was so much fun with all my friends!!! Here's me and Julia :)
Veronica and Me
Julia and Terra
Terra and Kari

Kari and Rebecca
Kim and Veronica
Me... Is it time yet???
Rebecca and Maggie
The other Rebecca and Kim
We had so much fun at lunch. Eating soup and salad, and chatting, and just hanging with the girls. They are a blast :) But soon, it was time to go! The flight time was bumped up an hour!!! I left Julia with money for my bill, and I headed out to pick up the kids.

First stop, Tom's middle school. I picked him up, and we headed to the Elementary school. He was excited because the Humanities class had let him take "mascot" with him to pick up his dad. Awe....

Next, we got Jim and Joe and Eme, then off to get Jake from the High School. I'd budgeted 30 minutes, but it took about an hour and 10 minutes. Who knew it took so long!!! hehe. Oh well. We got to the place a bit late, but still, the plane hadn't gotten there yet. But all the other families were there. And there was a TON of food there. My kids were SO excited. They thought it was AMAZING!


Sandwiches and candy and chips and waters and juice boxes and all sorts of food. Oh yeah! Soon, they decided to get the bags they were giving away for the handouts, and fill them with snacks/candy. That's my kids. LOL :)

And then the plane arrived!!!! We all headed outside! We waited for a few minutes, and the kids and I stood on big rocks to see over the crowd!


The guys got off the plane, and went to a room off the side of the main building. They had to get processed and turn in their weapons (or whatever they had...). And it took quite a while. The kids did a good time waiting the first time, but got a little frisky the second wait. We pulled out the electronics again :)

FINALLY, it was time! They lined the guys up, and came to a side door. And there was a knock, and the "garage door" type thing lifted. Then the guys came in through a smoke machine. It was pretty impressive. With the crowd cheering! LOVED it! And the soldiers lined up, and were released to their families. There's Captain America!!!


Jake is darn near as tall as his dad!!!



LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!!!!!!


It took quite a while for Captain America to get all of his gear, and we loaded up, and headed to the truck.
We got home, and got ready for Second Christmas! Because all the bags were inside of our room, and were crowding the floor. hehe :) The kids were excited, at least - ha!








After Second Christmas, we decided to go to dinner. Rudys! I love that place. And, the give out a 20% off Military discount on Monday's. Awesomeness!
It's one of Captain America's favorite restaurants :)
The kids didn't like it so much. Well, maybe they didn't like the sausages we got them. Maybe that was the problem... hehe :) Tom and Joe LOVEd the potato salad. Certain kids liked the corn on the cob. Really, when you get all the kids the same thing, it's hard to make everyone happy. That's really the problem. We did bring home a lot of sausage. I can make some yummy minestrone soup tomorrow! we'll see :)

We headed home after dinner, and put the kids to bed at 8pm. And, um, well, yeah, you don't need to know the rest. Just know that I'm SO super happy to have my man home!!!!! Thanks so much to everyone for their support during this long deployment. I've had some good times, and some difficult times. I've learned a lot, and grown more than I ever thought I could. I'm really looking forward to this next coming up year with my family all complete. Thanks, guys!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



11 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you and Mr. "Bethany" or should I say Captain America. Have a grand reunion, and thank you both and the entire family for your service for our country.

Dinphy said...

So happy for you! Enjoy!!

Tink said...

I am soooo happy for you! I know first hand how it feels, my x was gone for 18 months, stationed on the DMZ in korea. It sucks but your right you do learn and grow a lot in that time..

Sherry Out Loud said...

This is just wonderful news, I knew it was going to come any day now! I started following your blog right after he left last year and have read it pretty much every day since then, but you're the one who has lived through this trying time. I hope you all have a multitude of happiness and joy at being back together!!!

Sandy_in_MD said...

I am so happy to see that "the Captain" made it back home to you safe and sound. (I have 6 more months until my son returns from Afghanistan.)

The smiles on all of your faces says it all. You did a fantastic job of keeping the homefront together during his deployment. Military spouses are the best! Enjoy your reunion!

Shelly said...

Woohoo! Welcome home Captain America!!! I'm so happy for all of you.

deb said...

So glad that Captain America is home! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What a happy day for all of you!

CrystalNVa said...

Oh Happy Days Welcome Home Captain and THANK YOU ;~}....


Also THANK YOU ;~} Bethany

Lainie said...

Bethany and family,
I am overjoyed for you all that he is home safe and sound. My son-in-law Steve should be home from southern Afghanistan in a month, and my daughter has planned a second Christmas too. God bless you all.
Joy and blessings, Elaine

Sue - aka Olive Reedfilter (fairy name) said...

I have been wondering if it was getting close for that man of yours to come home. Welcome Home Captain America. Read your whole blog for today ... it was so touching. You have a beatiful family.