Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Change of Plans

Morning, peeps :) Hope you day yesterday was grand. I woke up to my watch alarm at 7:20am. A little early for me. I'm gonna have to get used to that, I guess, with school starting in a month or so...

Oh yeah, I have to share! I was at my goal weight this morning! 140 lbs! I was pretty excited to see that number on the scale. I'm 5'8", 140 lbs, which is right where I should be. SO, I decided to start on my "refeed" portion of my diet, and start adding back in good foods. I decided to add in 3 piece of bread, 2 more fruits (a banana and peach), some broccoli and carrots, and some rice cakes. Not all at once, lol, but throughout the day. I should be able to eat this much extra food, and maintain my current weight. That's the plan, at least.

Anyway, got up, got breakfast for the kids, got somewhat ready for the day. Bandanas are good, you know :) I printed out my shopping list, and went through the cupboards deciding what we already had, and what we needed.

Maddie and Lily and I got ready, and headed out to the commissary. Jake was watching the other kids. We got through the store in about an hour, and headed to the Ft Bliss Thrift Store. They were having a $0.10 sale, and Maddie and I were SO gonna be there. hehehe.

I swear we were there over an hour, digging and looking and bargain hunting. I LOVE thrift store shopping....

Let's see if I can remember what all I bought.... 2 pairs of jeans for myself, 2 pairs of swim shorts for myself, Eme got a swim suit, 3 pairs of jeans, 2 shirts, 2 dresses, Jake got 4 shirts, Tom got 2 shirts, Joe and Jim got 2 pairs of Jeans and a pair of Suspenders, we got 3 VHS Scooby Doo tapes, and 2 Ohio State hats. Any guesses as to how much I spent???

Here's me with my MASSIVE bag of stuff

Here's Lily in the stroller with Maddie's purchases. Those 2 plastic bags full of stuff, and the umbrella stroller. Any guesses as to how much she spent too??

We got home at 11am, handed out all the thrift store find stuff, put away all the groceries, and headed out to free lunch. I grabbed a piece of bread and a peach, and ate it on the way. It was SO yummy. Jake and Tom stayed home, and were happy to learn it was spaghetti (they HATE spaghetti) they were missing. hehehe. Then, it was off to the pool.

Captain America came up to hang during lunch for a few minutes, and I sat on the picnic table and chatted with him. Then he had to go back to work.

I took some pictures of Jimmy jumping in the big pool. My poor phone camera was having a hard time capturing the jump, but after about 10 attempts, I got there photos.




And here's me :)
And Lily. She' wasn't too happy
And Joe

And me again
And Maddie and Lily
We only stayed at the pool for an hour, then came home. We cleaned up a bit, changed clothes, put Lily down for a nap, and had lunch. I took rice cakes (4), and sauteed veggies and ground turkey with spices, put it on the rice cakes, and melted my cheese allotment on the rice cakes. Then broiled it. Mmmm, little pizzas :) Maddie and I headed out to Walmart to finish off the shopping. Diet Soda is cheaper at Walmart. I also had to get some body wash.

And I was noticing that my stomach was feeling a bit upset. I don't know what it was that I ate, but it kinda hurt a little.

We headed home, and woke Lily up when we got there. Captain America called, and said that he'd JUST found out that he had staff duty. Sigh. That's not what I wanted to hear. We'd planned on having dinner at home with the kids, then leaving for our date at 6:30pm. Going to the transmountain Circle K for our diet soda run, then over transmountain to the outlet malls to look around and get Captain America new running shoes, then back on Post for the 9:30pm movie, the A-Team.

And yeah, Staff Duty messed it all up. Sigh. I hate it when plans change. He was able to come home from 5pm to 6pm to eat dinner, and that was about it. Pouts..... I wasn't in a terribly great mood. After spending an hour with my hubby, though, it was a little bit better. We decided to move our date to Saturday night.

I guess I should explain Staff Duty, huh? He's gotta go after work and "guard the desk" at the higher up office (brigade). Then he has to drive around several times during the night and make sure that things are secure. He gets released at 9am the following morning. Yeah, it sucks. Especially after having gotten up at 5:30am this morning.

Anyway, here's a pic of Captain America helping Jimmy put his suspenders on his new pants. He was SO adorable in them. Looked like a pudgy little man.

And here's me cooking my dinner, and the kids' dinner. They had pork steaks with left over lasagna casserole and corn. I had fish and veggies. And yeah, my stomach still hurt. I just had crackers in place of the bread after that first piece this morning. I had a few carrots and broccoli along with my cauliflower for dinner. I think tomorrow, I'm going back to the original diet until my stomach gets back to normal, then adding in one new food at a time.

Jake and Tom went to the park to play with Hunter and Braxton, Jim and Joe played on Wii, Maddie, Lily, and Ella went to the PX to hang for dinner, and Eme played in her room, while I read for about an hour. It was a relaxing evening.

We all watched Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium together, and I just got done sending the kids to bed. It's 9:20pm, and I think Maddie and I are gonna put in a movie. A non-kid movie - hehehe.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [31 Jul 12:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jul. 31, 2010. Thanks again.

Made by Mandy said...

Congratulations Bethany on getting down to your goal weight, way to go girll

You are an inspiration to me. I've lost 4.5 stone in 18 months and got another 4 to go. I have seen your before photos in the past and it really gives me the incentive I need to keep on going.

It might be the bread that has made your tummy bad. I follow the GI diet and there are a lot of similarities to yours and I now cannot eat carbohydrates in the volumes that I used to as it makes my tummy feel very bloated and I feel sluggish.

BTW, the link to your 4 Shared is going to the right place.

Thanks for the Word Art and thanks for being such an inspiration. You rock!!

deb said...

Nothing like change of plans. Hope you have a great day with hubby today (after he sleeps!). I remember those days.

Thanks for the word art.

Laura said...

Thanks Bunches