Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lives Whole

So, is everyone at your house off of school for the week too? I slept in just a little bit today, getting out of bed at around 8am. Captain America had come to bed SUPER late, working on the shelf project into the wee hours of the night (morning), so I only woke him up briefly to talk about the plan. I was gonna let him sleep, and I was gonna so swim laps with Kari.

I got up, got my breakfast, made sure the kids were happy and fed, threw on my suit, and headed to the pool. By 8:50am, I was swimming laps. I did 30 lengths today! Aren't you proud of me! Apparently, 32 lengths is a mile. I think I liked it better when 30 lengths sounded like a LOT of distance. Hmpf! heheh.

Here's me after my workout.

I came back home, and Captain America was up. I guess he couldn't go back to sleep, so he had eaten breakfast, and was painting the shelves with the little boys. What good helpers they are.

I snapped a few more pictures of our new dog, hoping to get a good one. He's really not as sad as he seems in the pictures. hehe. I'll "learn" him how to be a photo hound just like me - ha!



And here's Captain America, painting the shelves.
I took turns taking the kids to Big Lots to get family presents. We drew names, so I took Jim and Tom first. Jim was buying for Eme (he was NOT happy about that - and I had to argue with him to convince him that HotWheels was NOT an appropriate gift for a 9 year old girl...) and Tom was buying for Jake. I was buying for Jim, so I just listened close to what he wanted. hehe.

Then I dropped off Jim and Tom, and picked up Jake and Eme and Joe.
Eme was buying for me, so she was really just along for the ride. Captain America was gonna take her to get me a present. Jake got something for Tom, and Jim picked out something for Captain America. And we got a box of Sugar Cookie mix, and headed home.

I was on the computer for a little while this afternoon, and then baked some cookies. From the box mix. And used Store bought frosting. And crushed up candy canes. And OOOOO, were they yummy :) I think I probably ate 3 of them :) That's ok, I swam 30 lengths, right?

And it was taking Captain America a LOT longer to get done the stuff that he wanted to get done than he thought it was gonna take.... So I was stalling, waiting to go and do the stuff that he and I were gonna do together. And sometimes I'm not the most patient....

I did make time to decorate the Christmas tree, though! Eme had just woken up from a nap (yeah, still not feeling very good), and she passed me the ornaments as I put them on the tree.




Here's a few of our favorites - John Deere Tractor


Snowman couple from our wedding
The Christmas Pickle, and the Beaded Ornament from Aunt Sue
The Flag Candy Cane
The Stained Glass Baby Jesus from my buddy Maren
The Wooden Christmas in Bethlehem, 1999, when Tom was baby Jesus and was SOOO good. And the horse ornament that Eme bought our weekend in Cloudcroft New Mexico earlier this month.
THe Boy Scout glass ornament, Jimmy from 2006 in Nursery, and the Mouse Ornament from Aunt Sue
The baby Jesus ornament from a Church activity, the white crocheted ornaments from my Mother in Law, Carol, and the Santa Ornament I got for my birthday from Kari.
THe 4 Flag Bulbs
The Candy Cane ornament that Captain America and Jake made this year.
And here's Joe and Captain America in front of the tree, just after they got back from skating in the neighborhood.
And then the kids had dinner, and it was 6pm. And we still hadn't left yet. Captain America went to take a shower, and I got ready. No shower, but I looked ok :)








Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Here's a page that Sharon made using my WordArt freebie AND my new dog! hehe :)

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love those flag candy canes! I so want some of our tree! We have a yellow ribbon and an eagle holding a sign with the year and it says, "First Christmas in Uniform" of course it's not from this year, but it's still special to me....

Cori said...

Thanks for the cute wordart!! I appreciate you making a cat one too :-)

Sandy_in_MD said...

Love this word art - thank you!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [22 Dec 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

Your tree is lovely! Thank you for the great word art.

CoffeeGurl said...

TY for the wordarts. Love to get things related to pets. What a wonderful entry today and great photos. Totally in love with your new doggy... so sweet.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Bethany! :)