Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, June 13, 2011

What's Going On?

Not much to report today. We got up a little after 8am, and HURRIED hurried to get ready for church and out the door. Grabbed quick breakfast, no showers, threw on some clothes, and out the door we all went. And everyone got up and came today. Thank goodness!

I was really quite impressed with Jim during Sacrament. He sat quiet most of the time. I was quite proud of the child. Jake did almost great. He started to get bored towards the end of sacrament, and started poking people and being a tad loud. And then during the closing prayer, the sister who gave it said it in Spanish. So Jake turns to Tom and goes "bla bla bla bla bla bla bla". And he was sitting 4 seats away, so it was hard to shush him. Sigh. i guess that's what he thought it sounded like.... Kids are so embarrassing sometimes. hehe.

I sent the kids to their primary classes, and saw Charlotte and Sister Wilkes in the hall. She teaches Singing time. She and her hubby had spoken in church today, so he hadn't had a chance to feed her newborn before Primary. She asked if we could cover for her. Certainly!!!

We did a reverent song, then a few wiggle songs, practiced the Father's day song for next week, sang a few more songs, and turned the time back over to the primary counselor. And Charlotte and I ducked outside for a Diet Coke. I know, I know, we're sinners. hehehe.

The older couple missionaries assigned to our ward came in as we were chug-a-luggin', and joked with us that we were outside chugging a beer. ROFL! Those old people had a sense of humor. hehe.

Charlotte headed back to class, and I headed down to Relief Society. We still had a few minutes before it started, and I hung in the halls for a bit. Jake wandered down between his classes, and we chatted for a few minutes. Then it was time for classes.

Our lesson today was all about the value of Work. Teaching our kids to work, working ourselves, understanding the lessons to be learned from work. It really was a great lesson. And work doesn't just have to be the 9-5 job where you get paid. What I do is work. Believe me. hehe.

We all loaded up after church, and headed home. We're still listening to "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" in the truck. We're on the 2nd book, I think. It makes for a nice, peaceful trip home. People are quiet and pay attention. Gotta like that.

We got home, everyone had some lunch, and I told the kids that AFTER their rooms were cleaned and their chores were done, they could watch a movie. And yeah, they didn't do it. So they didn't' get TV privileges.

I cleaned my room for a bit, and sat down to watch some 24. And watched TV and napped on and off all day long. I left my door open so I was aware of what the kids were doing, and still got a little bit of rest. I really wish they'd have done their work. That way, they could have been quieter while watching a movie. hehe.

Eme's friend from the neighborhood came over in the early evening, and the two of them sat outside on the porch swing and chatted for a good hour. I had Eme get her address so they could meet up again. She and Eme met a Purple Camp last week.

Terra came over as she and her girls were out for a Sunday drive, and we chatted in front of my house for a few minutes. Of course, my kids had to follow me out. ha! I was trying to escape from them. LOL.

The kids had fries and ketchup for dinner. Don't judge me too harshly. I was tired. LOL. And yeah, well, Jim came to me crying at one point, and for just a second, I panicked. Then I smelled the ketchup.

Nothing that a nice warm shower couldn't fix :) Kids went to bed at 8pm, and Jake and Boxer finished up their chores and sat and watched a movie on the couch. I watched some more 24, and blogged. It's now 10pm. I may watch just ONE more episode, and go to bed.

Jake had Horse camp from 9-1 (Youth center after that), and I'm taking the other kids to daycare from 8:30am-4:30pm. I'm pretty excited for a day off. ha! Even if I just come back home and clean, I'd be happy. Terra's b-day was Saturday, and the girls and I are taking her out to lunch at 11:30! I'm super excited for that, too! Hope to see you guys there, Terra and Kari and Maggie and Amanda and Alena and Charlotte!!!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

4shared
box.net

I know, I know, I'm asking for it, what with all the crazy photos. hehe. Thanks for this one, Sharon :)

5 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Jun. 13, 2011. Thanks again.

Karen said...

Oh boys and their antics. I wouldv panicked too.

I've used one of your wordart in a card on my blog here

Thank you for your inspiration.
Love Karen x

Buffy0214 said...

I stumbled across your blog downloading your twilight word art. Then I saw the pic of your dear son with the ketchup! Thanks for posting that--I've had my laugh today!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [14 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

That is the craziest photo ever! And the ketchup would have startled me too!