Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Fifteenth

So... Yeah, I totally didn't blog last night... I was tired by the time bed time rolled around. I was SO excited to sleep in... And I got woken up. At 8, so it's a little bit of a sleep in, but still! Sigh. And I had a massive headache. I took some meds, and ate some breakfast, and Captain America (can I just call him CPT for short???) rubbed my neck for about an hour, then I went back to bed.

And he did whatever he does with the kids, and got some more laundry going, and yeah, I was out of it, so I don't know what was going on. By around 10:30 or 11, I joined the land of the living again. We had lunch around noon, and I started working on the little boys' room. We were getting rid of the old metal bunk bed. We have 3 bunk beds in the house. No need for that many!

Plus, Joe and Jim always slept in the same bed anyway... So, I put on Facebook to see if anyone wanted it, and we instantly got a taker. A girl, Marcia, from the ward. So I had CPT come and help me disassemble it. CPT and Joe were headed out to go and look at old cars. They were going to spend some one on one time together. SO sweet! We hauled the pieces of the bunk bed to the front yard before they left.

And I got back to work. See, all of the boys' shirts got put away, but all of their other clothes were still in the dining room. Making things a big mess. So I needed to put them away. But their room was trashed. So it didn't make any sense to put clothes away in a trash heap. SO....

I pulled out EVERYTHING from their room, vacuumed really good, then got tired. Their room (minus the heinous carpet) looked really good!

The dining room? Not so much...

Jake went over to Justins house to play. CPT and Joe were gone. Eme went to play with Alexis in the neighborhood. Which left Jim and Tom and I. And then Leo came over, and the 4 of us sat on the couch and watched "Good Luck Charlie" for a bit. It was a relaxing hour or so. And I couldn't see the mess, so it was all good - hehe. And I got a WordArt pack designed, so I was still doing something productive.

Marcia came over and picked up the beds, and I trapped her outside for about 30 minutes chatting. Yeah, I think I'm starved for female interaction. Gonna have to talk to CPT America about that one... ROFL!

Eme came back home and got her stuff ready for her sleepover at Alexis' house, and CPT America and Joe came back. I had CPT turn around and we ran Tom to the Youth Center, so he could be in his Nerf tournament. He was pretty excited.

When we got home, the TV was still on, and Captain America sat down to watch with his little boys. They turned on Jackie Chan. Those are some good cartoons! hehe :)

I used Photoshop for my phone to edit this picture! What do you think? Kinda fun, huh?

And, of course, a dad sitting on the couch with 2 snuggley little boys and a TV is gonna put him to sleep. Almost instantly. He snoozed for about an hour. I cooked some Creamy Potato Soup for dinner (using a Bear Creek packet - added bacon, onion, carrots, and 2 potatoes), and baked some biscuits. The kids LOVED it, thankfully. It's always better than hating what I cook, right?

Kari texted and asked if we wanted to go to the movies as a family, but we had TOO much cleaning. Hmpf! Stupid cleaning is getting in the way of everything! Jake was already at her house, so she took him. He was happy :)

And when I started pulling stuff back into the kids' room, I had CPT wake up and help me. No point heavy lifting by myself. Ha! Eme and Tom both had extra mattresses in their rooms. For whatever reason.

I moved around their shelves, and positioned their beds just right, moved back in their "dressers", and got it looking PERFECT! It took a long time, but it looked SO good!

CPT and I put the boys to bed, then I sent him to go and get Tom from the youth center. And I started in on the living room. A lot of the stuff was gone already. Because of the boys' room. Mostly what was left was clothes. I folded pants and shorts, and some towels. And swept up the trash. Put chairs away. Organized some electronics. And that was it.

I was putting the finishing touches on it when CPT and Tom walked in. They had stopped at the Shoppette to get gas. And "candy bars" from their receipts! Yes! I taught them well. hehe :)

I texted and had Jake come back home, and we got Tom and Jake to bed. And I was wiped out. I just went to bed. No blogging. No posting of WordArt. Sorry, girls! But, it's here now! hehe :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


No comments: