Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, May 25, 2012

Expect the Unexpected

Life is so crazy. Jake was at the hospital for 14 days, and on the 15th day, just when we thought that they were for sure gonna keep him for their Residential Treatment Center summer program, we got a call at 2pm saying to come pick him up... He was coming home. Apparently he was doing SO well that he was to be discharged.

Model resident. Kind. Caring. Never caused a problem. Leadership. Helpful. Understand. Glowing reports from both therapist and psychiatrist. Because he's a smart kid. Aspies are, you know.

I picked him up and was home with him 4pm. And then we had Joe's baseball game at 5:30pm and Tom's last baseball game at 7:oopm and the end of the season party. LONG night. Jake did well, but I think it was too much for him. I blame PEAKS, because it was dumped on us last minute.

So by the time we got home, everyone was tired. But I don't think that we quite realized it. We were not prepared with a spot for Jake yet. His room was not ready. So when he started in on a melt down, we had no where to send him yet. So it escalated. And escalated. And soon, CPT and I were both a$$holes and we couldn't make him do anything, and he wasn't going to budge from the couch. Sigh. I was regretting picking him up. An hour later, and we finally managed to convince him to go to his no emptied out and cot fitted room. Exhausted.

Morning brought new perspective. A little, anyway. But CPT had his feeling hurt. Jake had said many mean things. And CPT has very sensitive feelings. I'm not sure how to help him when dealing with Jake. I'm really not. We are going camping in just a few hours. And I'm a bit afraid. We will be about 3 hours from home. In the woods. With 5 kids. Wish us luck...

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!



3 comments:

Chase said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 5 post on May. 26, 2012. Thanks again.

Vanessa said...

Thanks so much