Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Give Our Children Wings

So did you know that yesterday was square root day? Neither did I, until I heard it on the radio. 3-3-09. Cause 3x3=9. Last time it happened was 2-2-04, and next time it will happen will be 4-4-2016. OK, now you're life is complete. You know all about square root day - LMBO! The things they talk about on the radio - LOL!

Thanks so much for all of your kind words on yesterday post. It still seems pretty surreal to us. I can only imagine how our other friends in Joliet must be feeling, who socialized with the Charles' more. Dang.

Life keeps plugging away here. I have an appointment tomorrow to go and get some migraine medicine - Woohoo!!! Next time one strikes, I'll be prepared. Or at least I HOPE they give me drugs - hehehe. Then Friday, I have a Well Woman exam. Fun times. But it's important, so I'm going. This is the week for doctors appointments, I guess :)

My mom sent the kids a package yesterday. They each got a calendar (some with cars, some with kitties and puppies, and one with patriotic stuff), a Pirates of the Caribbean book, a Cat in the Hat card game, and some clearanced Valentines stuffed animals. The kids were SO excited about their "Grandma Lyn" box.

Captain America and I went out to try and get my new phone last night, but we found out that the store didn't offer a new phone. You have to get it online to get a free one. Dang. I'll look into ordering one today. Any suggestions for a free Verizon Wireless phone (maybe with music capabilities)?? Anyone get a new one recently?? I'm open for suggestions.

So this WordArt request is from Diana. She needed this quote to finish off a layout she was working on. Hope it helps, girl!

Click HERE to go to Scraporchard to download the zip file, and remember, you need to be logged into the gallery to get the download :) And as always, leave some love if you like and appreciate my work :) Thanks, girls!!!


8 comments:

abhall76 said...

I don't know about Verizon, but we ran into the same thing with AT+T a week or so ago. The same phone that was free (with free shipping!) on the at&T website was over $200 in the store! Obviously I went home and ordered it. It should be arriving today. Good luck in your search.

xashee's corner said...

Thank you for sharing your WONDERFUL wa! Hope you get a new phone, sorry i don't have any advice! :) Have a LOVELY day!

SAHM said...

Knew it was square root day. Of course, homeschooling Mum forgot to do anything with child about it - LOL! Thanks for the great artwork - we're working on "independence" with son right now and, well, roots help, but so does saying "fly away little child and work on doing things on your own" - eish, it's hard at times!

Jamie said...

I just got a new Verizon phone and I really enjoy it. It is the Voyager. Hubby got the Dare and he likes that one too. Both have music capabilities and both have touch screen so fun to use. Good luck with that.

Tigger said...

Before you get a phone ask some of the other military folks around there what phone service works the best. We have a cell tower 3/4 of a mile from our house. I can see it from my bedroom window and Verizon said we had to "register" to a tower every thirty days in order for our phone to receive a signal. Too many hills and lead lined trees I guess. When the woman pulled up the tower location I asked her where it was located. She gave me the address and I said "Oh, you mean the one that I'm LOOKING at right now out my window?" *crickets chirping* We cancelled Verizon the first chance we got and got a TracFone. Those are great! Top off the phone with a prepaid minutes card and go. No monthly bill or fees. And it receives right to our house in spite of the hills and trees. LOL

benziengirl said...

Thanks for sharing! We have been very happy with Verizon, had a horrible experience with Cingular/At&t! Good luck with that though!

kenandbelly said...

Thanks for this wonderful wordart. This quote is a special one in my family. :)

Anonymous said...

No words of wisdom on the phone. We use Alltel and have pay as you go. We don't use it to chat on a lot, more so we can connect if needed and so the school can reach me when I'm out and about.

I knew it was square root day thanks to DS.

Love your word art.