Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Mother's Heart

So, it's 6:30 pm on Friday night, and I'm trying quickly to scarf down my dinner and blog and post tomorrow freebee at the same time. Today was the worlds longest day, and I still didn't have enough time to get everything done - hehehe.

I started off at 7am, tired, getting kids ready for school. They left at 7:30am. Jake and I got ready for our walk, and were out the door at 8:30am. We misunderstood Laurie when she said to meet us at the place, and ended up walking to her house, while she drove to Old Fort Bliss at the trail head. SO, then we walked to the right place, adding about 15 minutes to our walk.

We got home at 10 ish, and Jake was exhausted. I let him play until 10:30, then he was back to school. I made a cake for Jimmy b-day (funfetti with chocolate frosting) in a Spiderman Pan. He thought the pan was pretty cool.

I sewed Eme's night dress, and was done with the sewing projects. I also started 2 loaves of whole wheat bread. I covered them with a damp towel, and left them raising in the garage.

Jake, Jim and I headed out to CYS to turn in our physicals to complete registration. Then, I got Jake signed up for Wrestling. $30 for the season. Not too bad. Next, it was a stop at the PXtra to have Jimmy spend his birthday dollars. He found a Lightning McQueen race track that he wanted, and it was only 20. He still has 15 left to spend on something else.

We came home, and still had 20 minutes before we were meeting our friends for lunch. I punched down the bread dough, split it in 2, and placed it in greased loaf pans, covered, and put back in the hot garage to rise. We went to McDonalds at 1pm, which turned out to be Burger King. Oops, I had to call Adela and tell her where it was. I could have sworn it was a McDonalds. hehehe. Oh well. I like Burger King better anyway. I brought me cheese, and an apple, and bought a side salad and a diet Coke. Mmmmm, yummy lunch.

We stayed too long, but I had SO much fun visiting with Laurie and Adela. It felt like forever since I've visited with those girls :) We came home at around 3pm. I was running when I got home. I pre-heated the oven, and put the bread in to cook. I packed the kids' civil war boxes, to make sure they had everything they needed. I realized that their clothes were SO wrinkled. NOt acceptable. SO, I broke out the ole iron, and started. The shirts were the worst. And the aprons. And the adult aprons take SO long to iron, since they're so big. That was a good hour right there.

After the bread came out, I started on the pumpkin muffins. I got most of the ingredients measured out, and realized that we had no eggs. WHAT? We ate 3 dozen eggs since Tuesday? How is that even possible? SO, I had to put my projects on hold, and go to the Commissary at 5pm. Nice. It was SO crowded. I grabbed 2- 18count eggs, some ice cream for Jim's party, 5 packages of ramen for dinner, and some doritos (generic ones). Nice dinner, I know. hehehe.

I was home by 5:30 ish, and finished up the pumpkin muffin batter. I put extra brown sugar and cinnamon crumbled on the top, and they looked fabulous. While those were cooking, I started on the biscuits. Baking powder biscuits are super easy to make, and pretty good. I substituted the milk for ramen juice. It gave them a slightly beefy flavor. Jake tested them ,and thought they were FANTASTIC.

Then, I started getting food ready for the trip. We're having "Super Beef Stew", so I needed the Dinty Moore beef stew, the cream of mushroom, and the noodles, and the frozen veggies. I got stuff for pancakes and sausage and eggs for breakfast, sugar and butter for the pancakes, yogurt and apples for Captain America and I, snacks for everyone, dinner for tomorrow. Basically, a lot of food.

By this point, I was tired. At 6:25, I was done with food/cooking/packing. I made my dinner, and retreated to my room to eat/blog. And here I sit. We're gonna put the kids' civil war jammies on them right now, so we don't have to do it when we get there (see how smart we are). I still need to gather my personal items, and I don't know what else. I'm SO tired. Captain America's heading up the packing. And I"m SO thankful. I bet I sleep really well tonight - hehehe.

We still have to do Jimmy b-day party (which really is just singing to him, eating cake, and eating ice cream), and take pictures. Maybe I should get off the computer and go spear head that :) Sounds like a plan :)

This WordArt request is from Bianca. I've done this one before, and she found a typo in it. I didn't have the PSD file anymore, so I decided to just totally redo it. I think this one is much better anyway. Her brother and sister-in-law are trying to adopt, so this comes just in time for them :) Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work.


10 comments:

Rachel said...

I love this quote! My brother and I are both adopted and feel exactly this way. Being adopted is really no different from being born to your parents. In some ways we feel even more special! My parents had to wait for 8 years for kids!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 11 post on Sep. 12, 2009. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 12 Sep [LA 03:00pm, NY 05:00pm, UK 10:00pm] - 13 Sep [OZ 08:00am]).

MemoryKeeper said...

All the downloads have gone to abcjardin.com HACK folder. I don't know what's up, but I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble downloading.

Thank you again for your wonderful stories. I never delete your email (I'm a subscriber) until I've read every last drop! I feel like I know you! hee hee, and you have some fun adventures!

Hugs from the heart,
Jeanette
Easy Custom Blogs

MemoryKeeper said...

By the way Bethany, I wanted to tell you that robot computers look for the @ sign on the web as in your email address at the top of your blog so they can SPAM you...I'm sure with those 400 emails you had the other day, there was a lot of spam too...You can add your email as a link (I can show you) or write the word AT. That's why you will see it written out most times on other blogs.

Hugs from the heart,
Jeanette

Tigger said...

I looked around a bit and only found French message boards talking about it. It looks like 4Shared has been hacked. Everything from nearly every site that uses 4Shared gets redirected to this jardin address and then times out. Even if you try to connect with 4Shared's main home page it redirects to the hack address. I'd be careful.

Tigger said...

But on a lighter note, the beef broth for the biscuits sounds yummy. I've done similar things with my biscuits. Add garlic powder to the dry ingredients (I use a lot so you'll have to experiment to suit your tastebuds) and then use ranch dressing thinned with just a little bit of milk. Very rich tasting and absolutely wonderful with chicken and broccoli. Now I'm hungry...

nikev said...

I would love to dl this one once links working. I have 2 adopted kids!

Unknown said...

I love all your artwork. It's so beautifull. I'm not so much of a blog reader and follower, but since I started reading it I have to check it every day. Oh and thank you for giving all this beautifull wordart away as freebies. They make my scraps so much nicer.

Anonymous said...

sorry, but that quote is NOT TRUE!!!!