Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, May 27, 2010


Howdy, girls! Another day done :) Tomorrow is my campout, and I'm part way done. Just part way...

Woke up at regular time, and got kids ready for the bus. Unfortunately, because of our football/shopping excursion last night, Joe didn't get his homework done, so we worked on it this morning. He didn't quite get it all finished, but most of the way. I sent him off to the bus with his crayons.

I did some computer stuff for a while, and then Captain America came back from PT, and wanted me to help him load the trailer for the trip. We got all of the camping junk out, and loaded up. Now, lets just hope that it doesn't rain :)

After he got showered, and left for work, Laurie stopped by to say hi. She'd been on a walk with her son, Rowan, and stopped in to see how we were doing. She stayed for about 30 minutes, then headed home. We'd made plans to go shopping later.

Then I realized that I'd told Captain America that I was gonna be home for lunch, so I texted her back to say that it would have to be after 1pm. So we decided to just do it another day.

I spent a good hunk of the morning reading. Cause I LOVE to read, but usually don't give myself time to do it. I was reading a few of my favorite fan fic's, which had been updated recently. I have 2 books from Hilary that I really need to start. I just with fanfic, it's short. Books are super long, and take more attention. I'll get to it. I know I will eventually :)

So Captain America came home at 11:30-1pm, and we had lunch, and chatted and he went back to work. I read some more, and texted Hilary, and had an enjoyable afternoon. Jake went to the pool from 1-2pm, and had a fun time there, I guess. Once kids are 12, they can go to the pool by themselves. It's good exercise, you know :)

I spent some time working on the Cub Scout pack meeting, getting the agenda and the plans all ironed out, and figuring out what we needed.

At 2:30pm, Hilary got off work, and she and I headed out to the store to find some supplies for the Pack meeting. One of the things we were gonna do was to take pics of the kids, and decorate picture frames to put their pictures in. I found some foam picture frames at the Dollar Tree. 8 in a pack for a dollar. And some stickers to decorate it. Should work pretty good.

I also found a Hawaiian flower bra type thing that looks pretty interesting - hehehe. Next, we headed to Walmart to look for M&M's for another game. Yeah, I ended up buying Skittles because they were cheaper, and would work just the same.

After Walmart, we swung by Sonic, and got our drinks. And the dude who gave us NON diet yesterday remembered us, and said to keep the free coupons for another day. SCORE! Free drinks again!

Next, we swung by Bassett Center to pre-purchase our Eclipse tickets. Because our friend Jessi said to get them there, that we could hang in the mall before the movie started instead of the other theaters, which make you stand outside. So we go in, and the chicke was like, yea, we're not getting Eclipse.

WHAAAAAAAT? Seriously? Well, then we'll just have to go someplace else. So we drive over to Carmike by the Transmountain Walmart. You know that we named some of the Walmarts, right? We've got the Jaurez Walmart, that's closest to my house. It's has TONS of cars in the parking lot with mexico plates. Then there's the Pirate Walmart, because it's on Yarrrrrrrborogh. hehehe. The Transmountain Walmart because it sits on Transmountain road, and the East Side and West Side walmart. Helps to keep track of them, right?

Anyway, we bought tickets for me, Hilary, Karin, and Laurie. We texted Andrea to see if she wanted us to buy her a ticket, but she said that she'd just picked up her kids from school, and she wasn't gonna make it. Huh? Whatever. I guess she wasn't going.

The tickets were for the midnight showing on Tuesday night, Wednesday morning. SO excited. We decided to go to dinner first, then bring games and such and just wait in line for hours. With that group, it should be a TON of fun.

We texted a bunch of other people on the way home, and told them that they should go get tickets too, that there were 80 left, if they wanted to see it at the same time as us. A few people responded that they wanted to go. Jessi went and bought tickets for her and her friend, and she picked up some for Leslie and her daughter. Terri wants to go too. Should be a fun group of girls!

Hilary dropped me off at my house, and I baked some cupcakes for the pack meeting. And got some other stuff ready. Eme helped my baggie up the skittles. 15 to a baggie. She was happy to help. At one point, I had 8 boys and a girl in my house. Leslie's kids and the backyard neighbor boys were over to play. You'd have thought that it would have been super crazy, but with friends to play, the kids were really pretty good. But it was quite the houseful.

I'd been feeling a bit caffeine deprived during the day, and finally broke down and took a migraine pill around 5pm. I took the generic one, and I don't think they work as well. It's starting to wear off (midnight), but maybe I just need another one.

I cooked hot dogs for the boys, and my head hurt too bad to make something for myself. Hilary texted and said that she was cooking extra for me, and was gonna bring it to the pack meeting. What a sweetheart! Love ya, girl!

We got to the pack meeting at about 6:45pm, and got all set up. We did the gathering activity at 7pm, and then started officially at 7:20pm. It got over at 8pm, and I was home by 8:30pm. Yeah, it was a whirlwind of a night.

Laurie and Hilary and I figured out why Andrea had said no so weirdly. She thought that the movie was TONIGHT. hehehe. Obviously she's not up with the Twilight happenings. hehehe. She asked Hilary to stop on the way home and get her a ticket, since Hilary lives in that direction. She said that she would. Yeah!!! Andrea is coming to the movies with us :) It's been SOOO long since she's done anything with the group :)

I dropped Leslie's tickets off at her house along with her boys after scouts, and went home. Captain America was there. He put the kids to bed, and I changed into my jammies. Eventually, I sat down to blog and design. Pre-publishing is a pain in the butt. Usually, I just do for the next day, and 1 wordart. Well, I had 5 days to do. So I had 5 wordarts, and 5 days to post. Yeah, it took FOREVER. BUT, I'm finally at the end of it.

We're leaving tomorrow for our campout. We won't be back until Monday some time. But it should be a TON of fun :) I'm looking forward to it. Tomorrow, I need to pack everyone's clothes, and back banana muffins, and biscuits, and cornbread muffins, and organize all the food. Yeah, and have it done by 5pm. I'm gonna be tired before we even leave on this trip, I'm afraid.

Well, If I go to be now, I'll get 7 hours. SO, off I go, to sleep :) Night, digiscrapping world :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on May. 27, 2010. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [27 May 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Anonymous said...

Lol but true! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

You have that many Walmarts you have to name them?! We still haven't even gotten one Walmart yet here. Gotta love the small town living. :)

Anonymous said...

BoY, oh boy, do I have a use for this -- THANKS!!!!