Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Monday, December 6, 2010

The Long Road Home

Dang, yeah, I'm not skipping another days blogging. It makes for a LONG blogging time when I finally do get around to it - hehe.

OK, so here was my Sunday :) We woke up around 7:30am, and got all the kids dressed and showered and ready for the day. We headed to breakfast at 8:30am. Same food as yesterday, and we all LOVED it! I'd eaten my apple and yogurt in the room, so I just had a piece of bacon, a sausage, and some eggs. Extra for me, but I figured I"d be ok :)

Here's some pics of the kids eating breakfast





We got the kids to their child care rooms, and Captain America and I headed to class. The Chaplain had a worship service, then we talked about Deployment expectations and stuff. How to make the most of it.

Here's my snacks for the morning.... hehe :)And then we talked about the weekend, and the good and the bad. Then we were released, at around 11:00am. It was SUCH a good weekend!

We packed up our room, made lunches for the kids and for us, and off we went, home to El Paso :) We drove around Cloudcroft for a few minutes, getting a good look at it. My mom had told me that my Dad's side of the family (winona's) used to live in Cloudcroft, Otero Co, New Mexico. And I thought that was SO cool! Here's a museum that may or may not have items belonging to my ancestors (yeah, it was closed today...)


We drove down the mountain, and since I was feeling a bit car sick, I snoozed. For about 30 minutes. And woke up when we were at the gas station for a potty break. Check out the sleep mark on my forehead - ROFL!

We got home around 2:30PM. And it was SO nice to be home. We unloaded the truck, put away clean clothes, washed dirty clothes, and luckily the house was clean from when we left - ha! I hate coming back to a messy house. And that's usually what we do - hehe.

Captain America and I (ok, so mostly him) put up some christmas lights in the front yard, and we watched a few movies. Some Superman/Batman movie, and an episode of Doctor Who. Because the Christmas Special is on Christmas, right Dr Who fan friends???

It's now almost 7pm, and we're gonna put kids to bed, and maybe Captain America and I will play cards. I like to play rummy with him :)

Here's my freebie for tomorrow, and a few AWESOME layouts by Sharon :) Click on the links WAY below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!







4 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Dec. 06, 2010. Thanks again.

deb said...

Great word art. Sharon is doing awesome work with your pictures and word art!

Sandy_in_MD said...

Glad you had a good trip. Thanks for the word art!

Sharon Kay said...

oh thank you for this ... have a 5 hour drive Friday and one back home again ... this will be perfect!