Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, June 10, 2011

Dancing in the Street

Lots of fun, new stuff this week! Hurry over HERE and check it out! 20% off the first week, or $2.00 per WordArt pack! Can't beat it! All layouts are by Sharon.

Welcome to Friday! Well, it was Thursday for me, but by the time you read this, I'll be Friday. hehe. The weeks are just ZOOMING by! Can you believe that Captain America has already been gone going on 6 months! Almost 1/2 way there!!!

Anyway, had a good day today. Woke up at normal school time, and just lounged around in bed until around 8am. I got up, got the kids breakfast, and Joe and Jim and I headed out to the store. I had a few things I needed to get.

First stop, Shoppette for Gas. See, here's the deal. The suburban gets 11 miles to the gallon. Not so good. But I've already had it's emissions testing done, so I don't have to worry about getting a ticket. The Saturn gets 30+ miles to the gallon, but doesn't have a current emissions test sticker. It's easy to get, I just haven't made the time. So, the suburban was out of gas, so I filled it up. That's a spendy trip...

Here's us in the truck. Me and my flavored water! Gotta get those 100 oz in, you know!

Jim's flip flop broke! Crap! Luckily, there were black socks and shoes inside the truck (SO not supposed to be there...) so I didn't have to go back home.

And here I thought I was looking good today, having lost 7 lbs last week, until I saw THIS picture...

We headed to the commissary, and got a few needed food items. And toilet paper and deodorant for Jake. Then paid, and headed out to Walmart.

And they now carry Sally Hansens nail things! Yes! I didn't buy any, because I still have some left overs at home, but I'm coming back soon :)

We got some sunburn lotion, and some face lotion, and a pool filter, and a few other essential things. And wandered around for a bit. Joe and Jim ended up with new sandals, and these Phineas and Ferb coloring packets. Kinda cool, huh? Had pens and stickers and junk, designed for taking in the car. Clever!
We got home, woke Jake up, had a snack, and got ready to go to the movies. I had a MASSIVE sinus headache, so I medicated myself and laid down for about 45 minutes. And felt a lot better when I woke up.

Jake and Jim and Joe and I loaded up in the car, and drove across town to the Dollar Theater to see Hop. We ended up getting there 30 minutes before the movie started, and the theater wasn't even unlocked yet. hehe.

Eventually, we were let inside, paid, and got some popcorn. Since I only had 3 kids at the movies, I figured we'd splurge and buy popcorn! And it had refills! Yes!

We finished off the first popcorn before the movie ever started. Granted, we'd gone to the WRONG theater for Hop. We were in the 12:45 showing, not the 12:10 showing. When we finally figured it out, we'd missed the first few minutes of the movie. Oops. hehe. We gathered up our stuff, and switched theaters. LOL.

My family and Terra's family sat together. Apparently Kari's family was there, but we didn't see them, due to being in the wrong theater, and getting there late. We found them afterwords.

I had a twin part of the time, and Jim and Joe sat on either side of me. The kids really did enjoy themselves. And I was quite impressed with the twins! They did a fabulous job at the movies. Not to cranky or anything :) You've got excellent kids, Terra, my dear!
I SO don't let my kids out of the house dressed like this! Where's his undershirt!!! Bad mom moment. hehe.

We chatted for a bit after the movie, then all headed back home. I worked on my Cub Scout day camp stuff for a bit, and the boys played in the pool and watched movies (not at the same time, of course. lol)

And after I was done prepping for Day Camp, Jake and I worked on designing a T-Shirt for him. He wanted Darth Someone or another. He was SO excited about it. hehe. Luckily, he had a light-ish colored t-shirt all ready to go.
And then I decided to make shirts for everyone. I got a DDP shirt! Score!

Joe got Star Wars and Star Wars Legos

Jimmy got Cars 2. Can't really tell from this picture, but it's kinda cool.
After the shirts were done, we gathered up our Day Camp stuff, packed a sack dinner, and got ready to head out. Leo came over around 4:30pm, and we left the house by 4:45pm. And drove ALL the way over to the West Side.

I took a 44 oz Diet Dr Pepper, and a 64 oz water flavored "green". That's a flavor, right? hehe.
We got there, and I found out that I wasn't teaching a class until tomorrow. That's still good :) Just prepared a day early, right? ha! I decided to help out in the craft class, making name tags. Sounded good to me!

My first group had Joe and Leo in it! And Jake decided to make a name tag too. He went back and forth between helping me and watching Star Wars on the portable DVD player behind the piano. Silly kid. He was very good, though.

Here's Leo and Joe

The nursery was RIGHT next door to our craft room... So Jimmy kept popping his head in to check on me. hehe. There were 4 groups of boys that came through, and on the 2nd group, Jim came in to make a name tag. Works for me.

We decided to pick the best name tag, and give that kid a piece of gum. Had to make it into a contest so they'd spend more time on the name tag. We had 30 minutes to kill. ROFL!
During the 4th group, I snuck out to go and look around at what the other kids were doing. I found Leo and Joe learning how to tie a tie in the gym. Now they can teach me! hehe.

It really was a good first day of day camp. We were out of there by 8:40, and dropped Leo off at his house a little after 9pm. I think the kids all had fun.

I had Jake help me get the kids to bed when we got home, because my sinus headache was back. And I still had to load my store and blog. And I'm FINALLY all done. Jake's watchings Star Wars in the living room, and it's 10:25pm. I'm gonna go finish the end of my movie, and go to bed. My head hurts...

We're hiking in the mountains in the morning. I told Jake I wanted him to come with us, and bring Boxer, because he really needed some exercise. Really ,I want Jake to get the exercise, but playing it off as if Boxer needs it will probably get better results. LOL.

Then, Eme and Tom get home around 1pm. And day 2 of Cub Scout Day Camp is in the evening. We're always busy, huh? hehe.

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Nice one, Sharon! Love the newspaper and the music notes!


Stephanie said...

I've decided I want to get the pink camo nails and put them on my toes! I bet that would start a conversation! Everyone is always looking to see what kind of fun color is on my nails... Right now they are metallic lime green :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Jun. 10, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [11 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

Dancing in the Streets is such a great song! Thank you!