Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Looking For

So I slept on the couch last night. In my clothes. With my contacts in. And yeah, I really didn't like it. I kept thinking how the couch smelled like dog. And couldn't fully stretch out. And didn't have my special pillow. Then Joe got up to go to the bathroom at 3am, and it woke up Boxer in his kennel, so he scratched and licked and was just plain noisy for a bit. And I heard it all.

Then Jim woke up for the day at 6:15am. Oh yeah, SO not my favorite thing. Eventually, after both Jim AND Joe woke up, I went to sleep in their room, and put on cartoons for them. And I slept till around 8am. But was still tired, because it wasn't good sleep.

And then I was hungry. But I couldn't eat until I could weigh, bcause it was weigh in day. And I couldn't weigh because I couldn't get to my scale, cause my door was locked. Crap.

I woke Jake up, left him in charge, and drove up to Housing Work Order office. I put in a few other Work Order requests, and asked about the lock.

They decided that I should have filled out a "request of alter quarters" form first, but since it was already done, to just put it back to original door knob when we moved. And they'd count this as my one free "lock out" and not charge me for picking the lock. Sweet.

They said they'd be over in 30 minutes, so I hurried and came back home. And we straightened up a little bit, and about 50 minutes later, the housing dude came. With his lock picking tool kit. And got to work.

It took FOR-EV-ER! All the while, I was starving. hehe.
Finally, he got the door open. Horray!!!
I took my extra key, and hid it in the house somewhere, so this wouldn't happen again. Jimmy later fessed up to locking my door and shutting it. Silly kid :( He owes me a good nights sleep. hehe.

The little boys and I changed clothes, and went for a dip in the pool. And I was FREEZING. I didn't mean to go all the way under, but my floatie flipped. So I was even more freezing! I didn't stay in the pool long. And the little boys didn't either.

I headed inside, and instantly hopped in the hot shower. And it felt marvelous. 2 days in a row. ha! And we all got ready for our bowling party.
Jake and Jim and Joe and I loaded up in the car, and headed over to the bowling alley. Amanda had a coupon for $20, and she was "donating" the money to the party. We just had to pay the extra. So I paid for my kids' shoes, and one game of bowling, and we all got to bowl. Worked out pretty good!

Like my snazzy shoes?

Josephine was SO cute today.

I ordered a cheese pizza for my kids to share, and a chicken club salad for myself. It was actually pretty good!

Jake and Eryn (Terra's) and me and Kari and Amanda and Terra all bowled in the grown up game, and Jim, Joe, Josephine, Leo, and Austin bowled in the kids game. And we all got done at the same time. Awesome :)

I didn't loose. Ha! Jake put on the bumpers 1/2 way through the game, so he did better than me. I was destroying him at the beginning...
After bowling, we drove over to the youth center, and dropped Jake off for the day. It was around 1pm. And I decided to stop into Milam SAS (School Aged Services) and see if they had any openings for Monday. I still have my 16 hours childcare for the month to use.

They were having ALL sorts of activities going on for the 1st-5th graders. Sweet! So I picked the days that looked like fun for my kids, and that didn't conflict with camp, and signed them up. And learned that for a whole weeks worth of camp, it would be around $55 per kid. From 530am-6:30pm, if I wanted that much. HOLY COW! That's a good deal, for the whole week! I'm gonna put them all in one week in August, for "camp". I think that would be fun for them! And for me to get the break. lol.

Then we stopped by the Milam CDC (Child Development Center) and make the appointment for Jim. Same dates as the other kids. Worked out great. Between the 2 places and the chatting and such, it was another hour before we got home.

Charlotte and kids came over around 3 to swim. Stew and Elly and Jim and Joe and I and Charlotte played in the pool, and had a great time :)

I noticed that my sunburn was starting to peel, so I picked at it a little bit, and slathered it with some oil. And it felt a lot better.

Joe and Jim sat down to watch a movie on the couch, and Joe fell instantly asleep. I watched some 24, and finished off season 1. We had some dinner, and at 6:45pm, loaded up in the car, and headed to Biggs to pick up Jake. We grabbed some yummy popsicles for the trip :)

Jake was all excited because he signed up for "Media Club". They're doing news reports, and he's gonna be the editor and such. He even got a shirt. They meet on Wednesdays from 5-7. Nice! They have 2 field trips planned next week to get interviews. One to Old Ft Bliss, and one to Freedom Crossing.

We swung by the mail boxes on the way home, and MY ANNIVERSARY PRESENT was there!!!! I was SO excited! We brought it home, and I opened it. It had the sweetest, most night card in there from Captain America. And a beaded tapestry from India! It's gorgeous! And fits PERFECT on the wall in the living room above the couch.

Check out the newspaper it was packed in...
Beautiful, isn't it? Homerun present, sweetheart!

Also in the package was this wrap thingy. Captain America said that the merchant who sold him the tapestry gave him this for free. I think this is how it's supposed to be worn. I'm gonna wear it for the pool! I'm not a big dolphin fan, but it feels SO soft.

While I was hanging up my new wall hanging, I decided to hang up Jim's posters from my mom, too. He was pretty excited about Cars 2 posters on his wall.

The kids watched more cartoons, and I took a nap. I was SO sleepy. Joe fell asleep in his room watching Star Wars, and Jim fell asleep on the couch. Jake came and woke me up around 10pm, and wanted to watch some Doctor Who with me. So I came out with my blanket, intending to just sleep, but it sucked me in. Such a good episode.

And then I came in my room, ready for bed, with full intentions of just posting the wordart, and updating my sight tomorrow. But, I pushed through it, and now I'm done. It's almost 11:30pm, and I'm sleepy. My bed calls...

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

4shared - isn't working...

Too funny, Sharon! Love it!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 4 post on Jun. 09, 2011. Thanks again.

Stephanie said...

I'm still loving that tapestry! It's amazing and perfect in the living room! :)
I love how your bowling shoes matched your outfit! lol And I've found, especially at Randoplh AFB and Fort Hood that bowling alleys have some really yummy food!!!

Shelly said...

Your tapestry is sooo gorgeous!!! It looks fabulous with your couch. Brent probably doesn't care what is printed on the wrap, he probably just wishes he could see you in it. LOL You should send a picture of you in it to just him.

When do we get to know your weigh in results? I know you did well, because you've been working hard at it. You're being so strong, especially with summer and all of the extra food temptations that brings your way. Big hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [10 Jun 12:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

Beautiful wall hanging! Thanks for the word art!