Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, January 2, 2011

January

Hey there, everyone! How goes it? First day of the New Year? Was it fabulous? Well, it started off less than wonderful for us. Captain America's dad called at 8:30am ish, waking us up and said that Captain America's Uncle Jack (his dad Paul's younger brother) had died a few hours before. He had lost a VERY long fight with Cancer. We thought it was in remission, and that he was doing better. We'd seen him on our trip out to visit family in June, and he was doing WONDERFUL. Well, he relapsed in August/September, and it was fast after that. He was in a lot of pain near the end, so really, it was better for him to go. He'll be missed, but we know that he's in a better place now :)

Anyway, he chatted for quite a while with his dad, and finally, around 10am, we had breakfast and got ready for the day. It was a lazy day at home. Around lunch time, we fed the kids and ourselves, then loaded up in the truck and headed to Sonic for an ice cream cone. I signed up for the local Sonic's texts about offers and deals and such, and since it was 1/1/11, they were having vanilla ice cream cones for $0.11 today. Can't beat that!




And since we were just driving to the drive-up, we brought Boxer too :)





Jim was SO mad that he didn't get to sit in the middle row, but that the dog did. Poor kid!
And Joe just didn't want his picture taken. Yeah, are we SURE he's my kid??


We went through the drive up, ordered 7 cones for $0.83 ish. And the girls working there looked at us like we were crazy. hehe. Yeah, I think their plan on getting people to come and order their sale item AND MORE didn't work out so well with us - hehe. What can I say? I'm cheap :)

Circle K is RIGHT across the street from Sonic, so Captain America and I decided that since Ice Cream wasn't really on our menu plan for the day, that we'd just eat the cones until we got across the street, then pass them back to the kids to be consumed. I got about 4 licks, and it was passed off. Captain America? Yeah, he'd eaten ALL the ice cream down to the cone. I don't know how he didn't have a MASSIVE brain freeze - hehe.

We ran into Circle K, filled up our Howdy's cups (hehe), and off we went, back home.


We got back in the truck, and the dog was SOOOO excited to see us. He stuck his head between the two of us, and gave me kisses - NASTY!!! Everyone else in the family LOVES it when the dog licks them on the face, but I haven't let him do it to me yet. Well, he got me today. And I somehow managed to capture a picture of the moment. Good thing, too, because it's not happening again! Ewwww!






The poor dog was SO sad he didn't get ice cream. But the kids sure loved it! hehe. Yeah, I was wishing for my ice cream back, but happily drank my Diet Dr Pepper all the way home.

Captain America moved the shelf that he built yesterday into the storage shed, and organized it. I worked on a designing project for an hour or so, and did some other computer type work.

At around 4pm, the older boys and Captain America started playing Battlefield on an Internet Party with Uncle Nathaniel (Uncle Fan), Uncle Randolph, and Uncle Lewis (all in the St Louis Area). They had SO much fun. My house was sure loud, though, let me tell you . hehe. I could hear them all talking from 3 different computers. Jim and Eme and Joe rotates though the one remaining laptop and the Wii. I think everyone had a GREAT time playing.

Me? I read. I've been trying to get into the Mortal Instruments books by Cassandra Clare for some time now, and haven't quite caught the spirit of it. Until the past few nights. I finished off the 2nd book last night, and as of tonight, I'm on page 441. I can't put it down! Such a great story :)

And it's late now. It's 12:12pm. We put the little kids to bed at 8:30pm, the big kids to bed at 10pm, and Captain America and I have been reading ever since.

And yeah, he and I both ate WAY too many sugar free candies today. And I figured that since I'd eaten SOOOO many, and I was gonna get diarrhea anyway, I might as well eat off the diet and eat junk. So yeah, my stomach is KILLING me now. Bad choices, I know. I'm not gonna do that again. I'm drinking plenty of water tomorrow, and ONLY what's on the menu. NO more back sliding, food wise, for me. This sucks. And it's stinky. I think if an innocent bystander walking into our bedroom right now, they'd DIE from toxic fumes. Seriously, I think I need to go and get Captain America's gas mask. ROLF! Hopefully it will all "pass" before 9am church tomorrow.... Otherwise, I'm not sure what we'll do - hehe. Don't sit near us, just as a precaution...

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Love it, Sharon! This one is AWESOME :)


16 comments:

sdwrdt said...

Thank you for sharing!

Jeanann said...

Thank so much for the word art! I appreciate your daily freebies!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 3 post on Jan. 02, 2011. Thanks again.

helen scott said...

Oh ouch, what a way to start a year . . . at least you know that he can now rest in peace. Thank you for sharing even on the bummer days, you are one strong lady - may this year be a fab one (although speedy so that hubby is back before you notice he is gone).

Ruth316 said...

I enjoy reading your daily blog and now have quite a collection of Word Art--probably more than I can ever use! My thoughts are with you as you begin the New Year and lots of unknowns in the days and months ahead. We'll all be here for you. Finally, I'm putting in a wish for a similar WordArt for each month of the year to go along with today's. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your loss!! Take care over there!

Hugs Suzan

Unknown said...

This is awesome, thank you! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

aquascrap said...

Thankyoufor the word art and I too am like Ruth316....would love to see one for each month(if it hasn't already been done before)
Happy New Year!!

Mary said...

I am so sorry to hear about your father-In law losing his brother.I'm sorry that he was in so much pain but thank God he ias at peace now.

I enjoyed reading about how you were able to buy ice cream cones for only 11 cents. What a wonderful treat for your children and great on your budget.

Thank you for the wonderful Word Art. I love your work. Are you self taught?

Mary

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [03 Jan 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Christi said...

Hope your tummy is feeling better. LOL

Thanks for the WA! :)

Sarah said...

Bless you all on the sad news of Brent's Uncle.

Had to smile at your last paragraph though. Hope you don't get asked to leave because of the smell!! hee hee

Happy New Year to you all and thank you so much for all your free WordArt. It and you are amazing xx

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

deb said...

Thanks for the great word art!

Sue said...

Thanks so much for the lovely word art! :)

crafterab said...

Thanks for the lovely wordart.