Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Birthday Greetigs

First off, I just wanted to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my sweetheart! I hope your package gets there soon, and that you have a GREAT Day. I'm sorry that we can't be together for this birthday, but know that my heart is ALWAYS with you! I love you, sweetheart!!!

OK, since I was a "loser" yesterday, and was too depressed to upload photos (hehe), I'm putting some of yesterdays photos on today :)

And, before I start, I'm feeling MUCH better tonight :) MUCH better. My happy go lucky-ness seems to be back. Thank goodness! I didn't wanna see depressed me again. She's NO fun at all. hehe.

Anyway, here's a picture of Joe before he decided that he LOVES baseball...

And me with my card and my DDP from Krystal. See, I told you it was a rough day. Look how bad I look - ROFL!
Joe at practice, doing stretching activities. He LOVED his coach!
The kids' plants. Yeah, I'm gonna ALWAYS buy them 1/2 grown before I bring them home. Maybe I can actually get them to produce fruit that way - ha!

Jim is OH SO excited about his Pea Plant!
So, fast forward to Wednesday morning. I woke up to Jake freaking out that there were no bowls in the house that were clean. Sigh. Tom is in charge of dirty dishes, so all of the tirade was directed at Tom. And Jake just couldn't let it go. Nothing too horrible, but it was SO annoying.

So I gathered up all the kids, brought them in my room, turned on PBS, locked my door, and went back to sleep. I'd told Jake to finish getting ready, and leave the house at 7am. And he did. He knocked on my door to say bye, then headed to school. And I kicked out the other kids, who finished getting ready, and left for the bus at 7:30am. I hated to do it, but it worked...

And I totally went back to sleep. Jim put in the RV movie (which I find hilarious!), and I texted back and forth with Andrea for a bit, while trying to sleep. hehe. Finally, because her phone had died the day before and because she was texting on a numerical keypad ( I KNOW!!!), she just called. I'd have totally done it too. Numerical keypads SUCK for texting...

We chatted for a bit, and she lifted my spirits for a bit. I was still feeling crappy. Depressed. Like hiding from everyone. She told me that I needed to get out of the house, and go play with friends.

And yeah, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. But I did decided to leave the house. So I got Jim ready, and threw on some clothes, and he and I headed out on a shopping trip. First stop, Goodwill. Jim needed cleats for T-Ball. And I'm not paying full price for a kids pair of cleats.

And my fan had died, and needed replaced. The last one I got for $4 at Goodwill. Surely they'll have another, right? Nope. All out of fans. Crap.

But, they had the cleats. So I got some for Jim, and I also got a tie for the boys for Sunday (but just one - they'll have to share - LOL), and a pair of shoes for me for $0.99. They were kinda cute even :) And Jim found some Matchbox playsets for his $5 chore money. He was pretty excited.

And Jim and I headed to Walmart. But passed Pets Barn first, and swung in there to grab the free dog food for April. Because we'd missed February and March's. Crap. Oh well.

And then we continued on to Walmart. I had a few things to get. Some yogurt, Jim wanted oranges, some cereal, some dishwasher soap, some dish soap, and we ended up in the electronics isle. I got a new cable for the TV since ours was making red colors, and a new EHD, and a portable EHD for Captain America with a case, and some batteries, and a new car for Jim for his track/set, and a few other things.

And we paid, and headed out. And drove back to post. But still had about 20 minutes before the bus/school. So we went to Big Lots. And I found a few things there too. Mostly, Peeps. For teacher Easter presents. I was gonna make cupcakes. And use them for the snack for Achievement days too :)

And I found a new fan at Big Lots. Because I'd TOTALLY forgot to look at Walmart. It was a fancy tower one with a remote control even. Not bad for $40...

I dropped Jim off directly at school, and headed back home. I had about an hour before I needed to pick Jake up from school to get him to his appointment. I got the TV/computer hooked up, and the new cords, and the EHD, and thought about showering, but yeah, that didn't happen. Oh well.

I was still feeling pretty antisocial. And I knew it wasn't good for me. I needed people. I needed to laugh and play and feel better. But I just wanted to hide.

Then Amanda and Terra texted, and said that they wanted to go to Olive Garden. Crap! I wanted to go too! Even being in an antisocial mood, I couldn't bear the thought of my peeps playing without me - ROFL!

They wanted to go at noon, and I told them that Jake's appointment was at 12:30. So I couldn't go. Boo! They said that we should go AFTER the appointment. But then I wouldn't have time to eat and pick up Jim. Crap. Terra suggested asking someone to pick him up from the bus. Does that make me a bad friend? To ask Maggie to pick up Jim and babysit him, so I could go to Olive Garden? hehe. I asked if she could get him from the bus, and she agreed. I didn't say why - LOL!

I drove to Jake's school, and picked him up, and we came to the autism doctors office about 15 minutes early. And he was ahead of schedule, so he saw us early! Wonderful! He asked for a recap of our WHOLE story again (he does that every time), and he said that it would probably be beneficial for us to have some group/family therapy, WITH Jake. Sounds good to me. So he turned our "case" over to the other Dr Meyers in the office. He's a family therapist, and can help us. Thank goodness!

Jake and I are gonna meet with him next Thursday. He seemed like a pretty good guy. And we were out of there in under an hour. I felt a LOT more positive after that meeting. He said that he wouldn't recommend any negative punishment for Jake because of Monday. Sigh. As a parent, those negative punishments are for our own sense of "setting things right". Know what I mean?

So, after talking to Jake, and making sure that he knew that what he did was wrong, and that it scared us, and making sure that he felt sorry, and understood the situation, that his privileges could be restored. I was gonna let him play with friends tomorrow. Or the Teen center. The little laptop is still gone. He doesn't get that one back...

So we head back to the car, and I grab an extra piece of paper to write a note for Jim's bus drive, saying that it's OK that he goes with Maggie and little Jacob. And yeah, I totally dropped the pencil between the crack in the seats. So I reach down to grab for it, and my ring gets caught. Crap! I can't get the ring off. I can't get the ring unstuck. I"m TOTALLY stuck. Jake thought it was funny, and grabbed my camera. OK, so it was humorous... hehe :)

With enough prying and prodding, I managed to get my ring unstuck, and was able to drive Jake back to school. But first, we stopped at the bus stop, wedged the note into the mailbox holder wooden part, stopped by my house so I could pee (ha!), and took Jake to school.

And I headed out to Olive Garden. The girls had ordered drinks when I got there, but nothing else. Sweet! I wasn't that late :)

Amanda had Austin (4) there, and Terra had the twins. They were a bit grouchy until the breadsticks were brought out. But then, I was a big grouchy until they brought out my food too! I'm with ya, girls!

Her mom said this was a fake sad. It's just precious! (she's my twin...)
And hanging with the girls helped a lot! We chatted ,and ate soup and salad and breadsticks, and had a grand time. Thanks, you guys! I'm SO glad that you changed the time so that I could go! I SO needed it. Really, I did :)

I headed back to post after lunch, and went straight to Maggie's house. And ended up staying for about 20 minutes and recounting the drama that went down on Monday. OK, so is it "bearing false witness" to let Maggie believe that she got Jim from the bus so that I could take Jake to his therapy appointment? I never actually said that... hehe. But I know that's what she assumed - ROFL! Sorry, hon. I'm considering Olive Garden as therapy... hehe.

We headed back home, and got there as Joe, Eme, and Tom were getting off of the bus. I had the kids do chores, and I started making some cupcakes. Strawberry and White. A swirl type of thing. I made 48 cupcakes. Should be enough - ha!

And Amanda came over when I was ready to frost them. I'm made a frosting out of 1/2 cup butter, 1 pack cream cheese, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, and 1 package of kiwi strawberry jello. Sounds odd, but try it. Beat it for a long time, and OMGosh, it's pretty tasty :) Made for some good frosting :)

Here's how they turned out (I had some left over pink tinted coconut from a while back)

Amanda helped me package them up, and then we gathered up all the kids, and headed out to the baseball park. Tom had practice at 5:30pm. And Amanda and Austin were gonna play at the park there with us.

I'd called the T-Ball place earlier in the day, and explained how I couldn't make a 6:30 Wednesday night practice with my 5 year old. I had church responsibilities. So they said that after someone else dropped out, that we could get transferred to a different team. Nice. So, it's a waiting game now, apparently... Jimmy didn't seem bent out of shape about it...

So Amanda and I sat and watched the kids play at the park for an hour, and Tom did practice. It worked out pretty good.

Check out my new cup that I got. LOVE it. Amanda has a bigger one that has Starbucks on it. Mine is el cheapo from Big Lots, but I love it :)

After practice, at 6:30pm, I decided to just head on over to the church. It's super close to the baseball park, and it didn't make sense to go back home.

Austin was SO sad that the boys were gonna have to go, so Amanda invited Jim and Joe over. Seriously??? I was SO excited. That meant that I got to go to Achievement days little kid-less. Sa-weet!

So she took Jim and Joe and Austin, and headed back to post. Tom and Jake and Eme and I headed towards the church. But made a quick detour to Little Cesears for some pizza. Yeah, that's good stuff - hehe. We sat outside the church and had a little picnic. It was pretty nice :)

I chatted with people as they showed up at church, found my buddies to say hi to, and started our meeting. About 10 minutes late or so. But it worked out. We had a lesson about Easter, and the last few days in the mortal life of Christ. And had the girls read some scriptures, and it was a VERY nice lesson. And well received :)

We were done within an hour, and headed back to post, swinging by Amandas house to pick up Joe and Jim. They'd had a TON of fun playing with Austin. We're gonna have to get the 3 of them together more often. Joe and Austin actually played the best together - hehe. I think because they're both so quiet, they get along. That's why I have the fan, you know. For the noise. Not for the air. ha!

Jake took the dog for a little tiny walk around the block, and Tom worked on some homework. Joe and Eme went right to bed like they were told, and Jim kept sneaking into my room, to snuggle and tell me stories. He's so sweet :)

He finally went to bed, and Jake and Tom and I worked on stuffing plastic Easter eggs for Joe and Jim for tomorrow. Joe needed treats for his class, and Jim needed eggs for an Egg hunt. Luckily, I have TONS of eggs in the Easter Box in the garage, and a bag of Jelly Beans from last week. Sweet! I love it when things work out :)

So here it is, 10:33pm. And I'm gonna tie this up, check my emails, then watch some Glee. I think the new episode came out Tuesday, right?

And thanks SO much for all of the well wishes and the advice and the positive thoughts and prayers. It helped SO much today! Thanks ,you guys :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Looks like a FABULOUS birthday party, Sharon!!!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Apr. 21, 2011. Thanks again.

Unknown said...

I'm glad things are starting to look up!! :)

I have a very similar cup, :) I got mine at Walmart and it's blue. I ♥ that cup!!

Melinda said...

happy birthday to your hubby! it's my DS's birthday today too :)
glad you are feeling better today. thanks for the wordart!

Shelly said...

I'm so glad you had a better day, Bethany. Remember to keep taking time for you. You need it in the midst of all you deal with. Hugs!!!

HighDesertGal said...

So glad you are doing better. Also, glad you "played" some today, too. You really needed it. I hadn't read the whole post about the "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" before I commented about messed up hard drives. Yikes!!!
I read the post to my hubby (professor/physician) and he suggested family therapy asap so I'm glad you are going to go. He said that behavior modification therapy can go a long way toward helping your son act appropriately and help the whole family.
Hang in there! I hope you have the book about Alexander and his day by Judith Voirst. You should do a story about your day so in oh...15 or 20 years you can look back and laugh.

Sherry Out Loud said...

Well, I just LOVE your word art lady! You just pretty much rock everything about it - and other stuff too. Now I just need to make more layouts with it...LOL! Glad your day went better, you deserve it!

Tami said...

Bethany, I e-mailed you some information that might help Jake. Check your spam box if you don't see it. It's titled Diet to help autism for JAKE.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [22 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

I need to get one of those refillable cups to carry around. :)