Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Sunday, April 17, 2011


Happy Saturday :) Or Sunday. Well, the day I'm talking about is Saturday, but it's Sunday now for you.... Anyway, happy day. Does that work? hehe.

I got to sleep in today. Horray! Gotta like that :) And laundry man was SERIOUSLY encroaching on my space. Yeah, he needs to go...

Tom was on his campout, and Jake was sleeping at the neighbors house, so it was just Joe and Jim and I. And I woke up at 9am, and realized that we were out of dog food. Crap. Boxer was hungry. So I loaded up all the kids in the car, and we headed to the commissary. I totally have free coupons for Dog Food, but the store is WAY across town. And I needed food now.... One of these days....

Here's Joe in the backseat, playing with the headlamp. He totally forgot it was on him, and ALMOST went in the store with it on. SO funny. He saw his reflection in the car window and took it off real fast. ha!

We grabbed the dog food, and a few other things, then headed home. Boxer was SO happy :)

I decided to tackle the laundry pile on my bed, and started sorting. And going through my closet looking for hangers. And pulling out winter clothes.

Then Terra texted, and said that she was ready to go. We were driving in her van to Biggs field, and picking up her hubbys car. And bringing it back to her house. Luckily, all of my kids and all of her kids fit PERFECTLY in her van. Sweet!

Here's me waiting on the swing outside for Terra ;)

But first, we needed a Howdys run. LOL! I got the 64 oz-er for me, and the 32 oz-er for the little kids. Sprite. And I told them they could each have 10 oz. ROFL! And they passed it back and forth very nicely, trying to get their 10 oz. Funny kids :)

Biggs field was FOREVER away! His office was almost to the 375 loop. WAY the heck out there. But we finally made it there, I hopped in Ryans car, and we all headed back to post. Here's me in Ryans car.

We got back home, and I continued to clean. I got all my clothes sorted out, and all the kids' clothes sorted out. I went through Joe and Jim's clothes, and pulled out all the long sleeve shirts. But left the hoodies. And light jackets. And pulled out the coats. Way too hot for that now...

I hung up my clothes, and then got a call from Tom, saying that they were on their way home. To meet him outside the gate. Sweet. I didn't have to drive half was across El Paso to pick him up. Outside the gate was PERFECT for me :)

Tom had a GREAT time at the campout. And was excited to have an hour or so of free time at home. We got back home, and I hopped in the shower. It was gonna be a straight hair day :) I even pulled out the straightener. I usually just blow dry my hair straight. But it's long enough now to use the straightener.

Then we loaded up in the car, and headed to the Youth Center for a BBQ. It was Military Family (or children) Appreciation month, and they were having a cookout. And a bouncy castle. And games and junk. Sounded like fun.

And I sang, the WHOLE way there :)
Here we go. It was outside, and it was SUPER hot. Well, probably only high 80's, but the sun was intense. Yeah, Tom wasn't so happy about being there. He eventually cheered up...
Amanda and Eryn (Terra's daughter)

Twin and Terra
I was totally planning on staying there all afternoon, but after 45 minutes in the bright sun, I'd had enough. The kids were all full, and played out, and we headed home. And had about an hour before the next appointment. I played on my laptop for a bit, and the kids did their thing. Then it was time to go again.

We all loaded up in the truck, and headed out. First stop, Logan CDC for Jim. I dropped him off, no hassle, and headed to the Logan SAS. And they checked in Tom and Joe, then wanted Eme's inhaler. What? I didn't hear anything about that.

See, she has VERY mild asthma. So he had to have a SNAP (acronym for something to do with an action plan for kids with special needs) thingy. And that's why she couldn't go last time. Because the dude who approves them was on vacation. Well, I got a call last week saying that her SNAP had come through, and she was good to go. But that was it. Not, And make sure you bring an inhaler with her so she can stay. Yeah, I didn't hear ANY"tHING about that. See, she doesn't carry an inhaler. Because she only needs it about 3 times a year. When she's very sick. Sigh.

Anyway, they wouldn't let her stay. We could go back home and get her inhaler, and she could stay, but by then, I'd be SUPER late for my class. So, I decided to let her come with me, and leave the boys. And I texted Terra to tell her the developments, and she said that Eme could help Eryn with the twins. Great idea :) Eme would LOVE that . So I dropped Eme off at Terra's house, stopped by the Shoppette for a refill (diet coke, not DDP... hmpf!), and headed to ACS for the scrapbooking class. Terra was already there in the parking lot waiting for me :)

Someone came and let us in, and guess what? We were the only 2 in the class. LOL. I had fun. ha! Here's the scrapbook kit that they gave us. Sweet, huh?
I laid out all of my supplies, and got to work. By the end of the 2 hours, I had 15 pages done. Well, quick pages done. I still need to print out the pictures and glue them on. But the pages are done.

And before we left, the girls in charge gave us these cool mugs. Pretty, aren't they? They were tiny, and came with a little stirring stick, even...
And I wanted my picture taken with the girls in charge. hehe :)

And, they wrote my childcare voucher until 8:30, so Terra and I still had time to go to dinner. Waiting families program ROCKS! Scrapbooking AND dinner. So cool!

We loaded up, and headed to El Taco Tote. My favorite!!!

Terra got some red salsa, and yeah, it was WAY too hot for me. See?
We ate, and chatted, and had a grand time, then headed out. She dropped my off at my truck at her house, I picked up Eme, and we drove across town to the Logan CDC/SAS. And I picked up Tom and Joe first, then drove over to get Jim. Everyone had had a great time.

We drove home, and I sent Tom to get Jake from the neighbors house. And I put the kids to bed, and Jake and Tom and I watched an episode of Fringe. And here it is, 9:49pm. And I'm gonna tie this up, put Tom to bed (he totally fell asleep on the couch), and go read for a bit. In my empty bed. Laundry man has been evicted. Hopefully I can sleep without him. hehe. Maybe I'll resurrect pillow man for the night :) I like him!

I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing Sunday. After church, we're totally putting on jammies and watching movies for the rest of the day. That's my grand plan. Sounds like a good one, right? hehe.

I thought this one would be perfect for Easter. And since there are 2 more Sundays before Easter, you get this one today that's religious, and the next Sunday is an Easter 2011 one... Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Absolutely Beautiful, Sharon :)


deb said...

Great word art! Looks like you had a great Saturday. Sleeping in rocks!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Apr. 17, 2011. Thanks again.

kathymack56 said...

Hi Bethany, Thank you for the word art. He has risen indeed. God is awesome! Kathy

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [18 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Erin said...

Thanks so much, Bethany! I love your classy word art, and that's so generous to give it away like you do. I also get a kick out of your blog as I scroll! You're too funny!
Thanks again,
Mom of 4 boys in Utah

Sharon Horswill said...

Thank you , this is beautiful. He is Risen indeed!