Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, April 9, 2011

I Love

OK, so remember how I said I felt yesterday when I woke up? Yup, same today. Except I was out of my non-drowsy decongestant, so I took a regular one. And it made me EVEN more sleepy and groggy. Sigh. I did manage to get all of my kids out the door before the bus, though. But it was close. Aren't I lovely?

Here's me when I woke up after 10am. Well, I wasn't sleeping the whole time, but I was definitely resting. See, my spunk is back - LOL!
Jimmy had been watching a marathon of Phineas and Ferb, so he was well "taken care of", so I had a few minutes to put on a new layer of make up. Shower? Pffft! Who needs a shower! LOL :)

This is my "Quick! Pass the DDP" face. hehe :)

I got Jim to the bus at 11am, then headed over to Terra's house. Her kids were at Daycare, and Jim was at school. So it was just the 2 of us, KID FREE - hehe. What to do, what to do? We talked A LOT about the impending Government shutdown, and trolled Facebook for a while. Then decided to go to Walmart. I needed to get some painting supplies to send to Captain America.

So we drove over to the Transmountain Walmart, got the few things that we needed, and decided to go to lunch. El Taco Tote was RIGHT next door, BEGGING for us to come. So, we did! I got my Brochetta platter for 2, enough for me for lunch today, kids for dinner tonight, and me for lunch tomorrow. Works for me!

It came with 2 drinks (hence the "for 2").
One is Diet Coke, and one is Coke Zero. Yeah, I decided that I like Diet Coke better. Less sweet, or something.

We finished eating, then headed back to Terras house. And while on Hwy 54, we noticed this blue car coming up FAST on the onramp. And started spinning out of control!!! He spun at least 3 times, and the cars behind him had to slam on their brakes. And he FINALLY regained control, and floored it. He passed up going at least 90 mph... Sigh.

After some deep breaths (it may not have phased the dudes in the car, but the moms in THIS car didn't like it...), we headed back home. At Terra's house, we worked on some homemade T-Shirts for the girls. And yeah, totally butchered them. I'd used Iron On Transfer before, but this stuff that she bought wasn't like what I was used to. And we ended up ruining all 3 of them in the package. Hmpf! We'll have to buy some BETTER stuff and try again. Cause the graphics were SOOO stinkin' cute!

I headed to the bus stop to get Jim at 2:30pm, and we hung at the house for the rest of the afternoon. Jake and his friend Zach were going to the teen center after school, and Zach's mom was supposed to pick up the boys, because I was going out with the girls. Sounded like a plan.

Tom and Eme and Joe were home around 3:30pm, and I laid down on the couch and took a nap. Well, kind of took a nap. hehe. As much as you can with kids and a dog and the TV blaring. It was restful, to some extent.

I cooked dinner for the kids around 5pm. I took the leftover beans and rice and taco shells from lunch, and cooked them up with 2 lbs of ground turkey and some taco seasoning and some cheese. It kinda looked nasty, but the kids really liked it. El Taco Tote Casserole.... there ya go :)

Terra had texted to say that it was just her and I going for GNO tonight, and that we should skip dinner since we had eaten Tote for lunch, and just go to a movie. Worked for me :) We decided to go to the on-post theater (I haven't been there yet!) to see Arthur at 6:45pm. Sounds good to me!

I left Tom with directions, and headed out. Here's me in my car, driving to the movies :)

I totally had to take my contacts out today because of, Allergies, I'm assuming. What else could it be....

Anyway, here's the theater!

And the popcorn
And the Diet Coke (yeah, STILL no Diet Dr Pepper in my life....)
The movie was SUPER funny! I laughed and laughed and laughed SO hard! It was a good one :)

The only bad thing was that Tom started Skyping me about 2/3 of the way through the movie, saying that Zach's parents didn't know where the boys were. Hmmm, that was strange.

We finished up the movie, hit the bathrooms (with these COOL hand dryers), and headed out.
Zach's dad called, and was TOTALLY freaked out that he coudln't find the kids. I told him that they were on the Biggs field Teen Center. He didn't know about that one. Only the on post one. BIG miss communication. I headed over to the teen center, and he was on his way too.

I got there a few minutes before Zach's dad, and told him that his dad was SUPER mad. And yeah, he was. You know that "Holy crap, I can't believe I almost lost my kid" kinda mad? As a parent, we know it... And I could see it. But I think Zach was just feeling "in trouble".

I guess Zach's parents had gone to the youth center on main post, and they had no record of our kids checking in. So they called they called this youth center, and didn't have record of Zach signing in. Jake had signed in, but not Zach. And Zach's dad didn't remember Jakes name to think to ask. So they had told him that they didn't check in. So they panicked.

Zach's parents and I talked in the parking lot for a while, and I think his mom and dad were cooling down. They were pretty upset.

I made sure, after getting in the car with Jake, that he knew that he didn't do anything wrong. He didn't know that Zach's parents didn't know which center they were at. He'd followed the plan that we'd set up perfectly. He was where he was supposed to be. I just wanted to make sure that he knew that he wasn't in trouble. And we talked about why Zach's dad got so upset. I asked him if he knew, and he said he thought it was because he had to drive around looking for Zach. Nope. It was because he was WORRIED about Zach. Ohhhh, Jake said.

We got home, and Tom already had the little kids in bed. And I told Jake and Tom that if they cleaned up the house a tad bit, that we'd watch an episode of Chuck, even though it was already 9:30pm. But they were bickering too much, so I ended up just sending them to bed. And sat down to blog. It's now 10:36pm, and i'm done blogging. And I may watch a show, or read, or just sleep. Haven't decided yet :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!~

Awe, precious little one! And I LOVE the clustering and colors, Sharon! Great layout!
Scraplifted from a layout by Jadelyn Alvarez


Stephanie said...

I'm still glad you enjoyed the movie that that the boys were safe and sound the whole time! I didn't know Bliss had a theater on post! lol... But then in the time we were out there I didn't explore too much. The one on Fort Sam is *still* closed. We've been here 4 years (off and on) and it's been closed "for repairs" but no one is doing the repairs! lol

Angelika said...

Thank you so much for this wonderful freebie!
from Angelika from Digidesignresort.com

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Apr. 09, 2011. Thanks again.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 8 post on Apr. 09, 2011. Thanks again.

Sandy_in_MD said...

The next time you try your iron-ons, give this a try - put aluminum foil inside of the shirt, and iron it on a wooden board. The foil helps the temp rise more quickly so the adhesive backing on the iron on melts faster.

Thanks for today's word art - Sharon's layout is gorgeous.

Marilou said...

Beautiful sentiment! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [10 Apr 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

deb said...

Thank you! :)