Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sly as a Fox

Hola, peeps! What's up?? Surviving Christmas break? Ha! No really! hehe :) We're doing ok here. I slept in until around 9:30 or 10am. And texted with Kim for a bit before I got out of bed. Then had to hustle in order to get Jake to therapy by 11 am.

I left Tom in charge of the other kids, and locked up all the electronics in my room. So the kids could clean, or could do something non electronic - ha! Cause they had no access to the "good stuff". ROFL!

The session went well. The therapist said that when kids grow, their meds may be messed up. But to wait and see if he levels out after school starts back up again. It could just be that Jake's schedule is messed up, and that there's too many people in the house for him. Makes sense to me.

I designed for a while while Jake was in his session, then we headed home. He tried to convince me to take him to Taco Bell, but I knew that I wanted to take the kids to CiCi's either today or tomorrow, so we didn't need both - ha!

We got home, and the cleaning began. The house was a little bit better than when we'd left, but only a little bit. For the next few hours, the kids kinda cleaned. And kinda didn't. I cleaned, and didn't really push them too hard. If they wanted electronics back, then they'd clean, right?

Since I don't have music on my new iPhone yet, I plugged in Captain America's phone, and cranked the tunes. And we cleaned. And danced. And the kids fought. But I just cleaned and danced. And sang. Can't forget the singing part. I put away the Christmas tree, and moved the Cardinals Christmas tree into the living room, into a place of prominence. I figured, that since the big tree didn't have ornaments on it anyway, might as well put it away. Ha!

Here's what it looked like when we were done. Far from perfect, but a lot better than what it was before...

I put up the Cardinals outside with Tom. We made a good team. hehe :)
And I took some pictures of the Cardinals tree shrine...




I've sense moved the warmer. It's over by the TV. It was on sale after Christmas! Sa-weet!

Crystal and her family are moving to Ft Sill (same as Amanda!) in just a few days, and Nick (Jake's friend) and Heidi (Eme's friend) came over to play. Jake hurried and cleaned up his part of the house, and Nick and Jake headed out to see if Justin (Kari's son) could play. Or whatever high school kids that age do.

And Eme finished her part, and she and Heidi went upstairs to Eme's room to play. They had a good time. Tom finished up his part, and got his electronics back too. Which left Joe and Jim. Who still needed to clean their room. And the bathroom. And yeah, it so wasn't happening... Fine with me...

I designed for a while, and watched a few episodes of X-Files whiles the kids did whatever they were doing. We ate whatever we could find for dinner, since we were running low on groceries. Nick came back to get Heidi, and Jake was asked to spend the night over at Justin's house. Sounded good to me :)

And at 7pm, I left Tom in charge, locked up the electronics in my room (minus what Eme and Tom already had earned), and walked to Kim's house so we could go grocery shopping at Walmart. I was tired of hearing how we were out of food. Ha! Fine, I'll go get some :P I told the little boys to clean their room and do their chores. But highly doubted that they'd do it. We'll see... No chores, no electronics...

Check out my Cardinals in the dark!
And this I thought was weird. I could see into my across the street neighbors garage, and they were HOARDERS! OK, so not really, but they really had some stock piles going - hehe :)
Kim and I headed out to Walmart, and loaded up the cart. Yeah, looking back, we totally should have gotten 2 carts. But we didn't. And it was SO full by the time we were done - hehe.

Check out the clam juice! Sounds SO gross! She assures me that the Shrimp stuff she makes with it is super tasty... OK, I trust ya - hehe :)
Are you freakin' kidding me??? Pickle Juice ice pops? I wonder what the other parents would think if I showed up to a sporting even with THIS as snacks for the kids.... ROFL!
Same isle... Bacon popcorn. Um, ok.

After getting all the food we possibly could into our cart, we headed to the Christmas clearance. You think I need it? Nope? OK. hehe :)
LOL Kim!
This one is for you, Amanda!!! Kim pretending to be short behind the cart - hehe :)
We walked around a bit after the Christmas section, and made sure that we'd gotten everything we needed, then went to pay. And yeah, we were in line forever. But then, it's Walmart, right? That's how it goes...

While at Walmart, Kim and I decided to get serious about our nutrition. She so doesn't need to. She said she's gained 5 lbs over the holidays. She's so tiny... BUT, if it helps me get my eating under control, then I'm all for it! I made sure I got the right foods, and everything. Plus, I committed to NO SODA for at least a week. We'll see how it goes after that - hehe.

We loaded up the car, and drove home. Tom and the little kids were still awake, and helped me carry in the groceries. Kim headed home, and I worked for about 20 minutes to get all the groceries put away. It takes FOREVER sometimes - hehe.

While at Walmart, I bought 2 different kinds of new lip glosses. Here's a combo of both. What do you think???

I put the kids to bed at 10:30pm, and I started blogging and such. And watched a few more episodes of X-Files. I'm now on season 3. I've still got this pesky lingering headache. I so don't like it... I know that the Topomax works, if I take a larger dose... But then, it makes me dumb. And I SO don't wanna be dumb. I wonder what is worse. Pain or stupidity? Some days - ha!

Maybe I'm just stressed about getting my house ready for Captain America to come back home. It's messy right now. We have too many things in too little of a space. I need to go through and "trim the fat". And it's hard with kids under foot. I'll have to wait till they go back to school. Which isn't until next Wednesday. Still, I should have time to de-clutter before Captain America gets back. One of these days, the army will give us an exact date that he'll be home. For now, we just have a time frame... In my head, I've pushed the date back to the extreme far end. So that I won't be disappointed if it's later when he comes back than the earliest anticipated date. Know what I mean? Are you like that too? I'm just SUPER excited about him coming home.

Tomorrow, my plan is to sleep in, shower, and take the kids to CiCi's pizza with the girls. Should be a fun time. It's Thursday, right? This vacation is kicking my butt. I don't even know what day it is anymore. LOL :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


CUTE hat!!! I love it :) Thanks for the layout, Sharon! You are a stud!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I <3 the cardinals in the yard!! I'd love to be able to do something like that.. One day. Right now I think my little one would just destroy them! lol...