Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Be Yourself

So my morning started at 5;48am. I know. That's early. Good thing I went to bed at 9pm, right? Anyway, some Sgt from Captain Americas work accidentally called the home number (my cell) instead of Captain Americas cell number. Sigh. He was already awake and in the bathroom getting ready for the day. Me? I was slumbering nicely, until the phone. I passed the phone over, and tried to sleep. But my head hurt. Not so cool.

After Captain America left at around 6am, I went out, got 2 big glasses of water, took a migraine pill, and went back to bed. My alarm failed to go off, or I failed to hear it, and I didn't wake up until 7:15. That was cutting it pretty close. I still felt nasty. I asked Tom, pretty please, to get Joe ready to go (luckily his homework was done!), I helped tie his shoes, and they were out the door. A bit late, but out the door. Jimmy watched a few episodes of Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Jake started on School, and I slept in till 9am. Sigh. I did feel SO much better when I woke up, though. The pill did it's job :)

My mom called at 9am, and we chatted for almost an hour. Love ya, mom! We used to talk ALL the time on the phone, but with my new crazy busy life, it's only every few days now. As soon as she hung up, Andrea called, and we chatted for almost an hour :) It's good to have friends!

When I got off the phone with her, I called Laurie, cause we'd made plans to go to Fallas today. She'd never been, and seriously, that's just a crime - ROFL! Jake was all done with school for the day, and it was only 11am. Way to go, Jake! He'd earned some Wii time :) I took Jimmy with me.

Laurie and I and the little boys were at Fallas for WAY too long, but just couldn't leave - hehehe. I ended up with new curtains for the living room (a shade of brown and a shade of teal), couch pillows (teal and red), curtains for Emes room (purple and green), curtains for Jake and Toms room (blue and green), decorative boxes for our Wii stuff (one for the games, one for the small stuff, and one for the accessories), and a few shirts for me. I just LOVE that store, but need to stay away, I think - LOL!

We were SO late at Fallas, that as I was nearing the house, I called Jake and told him to meet me out front to give me the directions to the Speech Clinic for Tom. I dropped off Laurie and Rowan and even Jimmy at her house, then headed to the school to pick up Tom. I wanted to be at the school at 12:45, but it was 1:10. Sigh. I'd be cutting it close. It was 1:20 by the time I got Tom and we were on our way.

The appointment was across from one of the hospitals in town. Actually it was across the street from the same "urgent care" place I'd taken Eme to when her "fast acting inhaler" ran out. Who knew ;)

We were about 10 minutes late, but the lady assured us we were fine. Sigh. I don't like to be late.... ever :) Ha! I filled out some info, and we were called back to chat with the SLP (Speech Language Pathologist). OMGosh, she was AWESOME! I really liked her. She told me to just sit there, and that she was gonna talk to Tom. That I could say yes or no, but not to talk. Not in a rude or offensive way. Anyway, I'm not a big talker, but I was finding it hard to not pipe in with me two cents. I was only reminded to not talk once - hehehe.

After the 30 minutes, she said that Tom only had problems with his "r" sound, in all positions. But that was it. That he was a very smart kid. She said that she wanted 50 sessions for him, and that was what she was gonna submit to the insurance. She said he'd be "fixed" in 12, but that she had a WONDERFUL reading program that she thought that he'd benefit from. The last kid who did it advanced 3 reading levels after the program. Sweet!!! Tom seemed to really like the lady :) So, now we wait to hear from the insurance, and the SLP.

She also mentioned that he had a hard time maintaining eye contact. Hmmm, I hadn't really noticed that. I'd noticed it in Jimmy, but Tom? I'll have to look now. Do any of your children do that, and if so, what have you done about it?

We went to Burger King right behind the clinic for lunch. Well, Tom for a snack, and me for lunch. At 2:30. I was STARVING. I got a Whopper Jr, a side salad, and Tom and I shared a fries. That's not too bad, right? No dressing on the salad. Tom got a plain side salad, a 4 piece nuggets, and 1/2 the fries (small). I felt much better was we headed back to post.

I made it in time to pick up the kids, and we all headed home. The house was messy, so we cleaned. And cleaned. And cleaned some more. I know a lot of you probably think that my house is spotless, because all I do is talk about cleaning. Yeah, right. It's not. Not let me give you the impression that we have a clean house. Seriously, it's one of the things that Captain America and I regularly fight about. How messy I am - ROFL!

Anyway, the kids did their chores, I hung up the new curtains, which looked FABULOUS, by the way :) The curtain rod that used to be in the living room was a super long one. And the kids pulled it down. Broke it in the middle. I figured that I could put 2 small ones in place of it. But I only had one small one. ROFL! So my living room has 1/2 the curtains up. I'm such a dork :) The pillows look really nice with it.

So I was on a roll, and decided to take down the tree. I found one box of Christmas Crap, but couldn't find the other box. Hmmmmmm, I know that there was another box with the holders for the new bulbs that I bought. Good thing they're plastic. And small. I put 10 small ones in a sandwich size ziplock bag, and 6 big ones. I know, I'm a freak, with the counting thing - LOL!

Anyway, I pulled off the bulbs first, then the unbreakable stuff, then wrapped the breakable things, then all the random crap. The tree was bare. I pulled off the lights, wrapped thm up, and put them in the box too.

Next, I got the tree box, and low and behold, I found the bulb box. Sigh. I wasn't gonna unpack what I'd just done, so I just threw away the bulb holders. The were just long tubes anyway. The baggies were easier for storage, I think.

Tom helped me take apart the tree, and get it in the box. Well, kinda get it in the box. It's still sitting in the laundry room. Come to think of it, the 2 boxes of Christmas crap are still sitting the dining room. See, messy.

At 5:30, I started on dinner. We had pancakes, and sausage and eggs. Everyone got 2 smallish pancakes, and some sausage and eggs. I saved out 1/4 of the meat for Tom and I, and sauteed it with onions and tomatoes and green peppers and celery. Then added our portion of eggs, and cooked it. It was SOOOO good. And we had our pancakes with spray butter and splenda. Pretty healthy, I think :)

At about the time I was cooking Tom and my eggs (I'd cooked the regular stuff first), Captain America texted, and asked me to bring him his "shakes" dinner from the freezer. Sigh. So much for getting off early today, like he's talked about this morning. Monday and Tuesday, he'd worked 35 hours alone. He didn't get home last night until 11pm. He talked about working a few hours after noon, then heading home. It was 6 when I got his text. Sigh.

So at 6:15, I brought him up his food, and hurried back home to get ready for scouts. Andrea was dropping off her 2 little ones for me to watch, and picking up my 3 big ones to take to Scouts/Activity days at church. I get 4, she gets 4. Great trade, eh? LOL! Andrea is Toms Webelos leader, and running the den with a 20 month old isn't always fun. This works out great for both of us.

We played some, watched TV some, the bigger little boy went in the garage an shot off cap guns, and just had a relaxing evening until she got back. That was about 8:45pm. I put the kids to bed at 9pm (they're gonna be tired tomorrow, i think), and Captain America got home at 9:15pm. I guess that's early, if you consider that it's been 10 or 11 yesterday and the day before..... Poor guy - he works too hard.

Acutally, speaking of "poor", the speech teacher said that we shouldn't say that to people. It makes them feel sorry for themselves. If you say it, you should turn around and say 10 things that they're "rich" in. I'd said "poor Tom" at one point, and she was like, "You're not poor, are you Tom. You have a mom and a dad who love you, you live in a nice house, you have enough food to eat, you are smart, you love to read books and have lots to choose from..." and went on and on about all the ways that he wasn't "poor". I really liked that. I'm gonna try and eliminate that one from my vocabulary. I over-use it, I'm afraid :)

So, I'm either off to bed with my sweetie (my head is kinda hurting, but i took another pill, so I should be good in 45 minutes), off to a friends house for Game night, or off to Andreas to work on my craft. I'm gonna spray paint it (or buy ribbon) the same color as my new teal curtain..... Can you see the wheels spinning already - hehehe.

This WordArt request is from Cyndi. I thought it would be PERFECT for WordArt, and thought it turned out nicely :) I just LOVE the font of "Yourself". ATCitadel. SO pretty :) Anyway, I LOVE to be myself. I don't wanna be anyone else anyway :) They may be taken, but really, they're not as fun as me - ROFL!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!


Dinphy said...

Wow. You always seem to fit so much into your days! If I'd had to do that all, I'd be busy for five days, no kidding! AND I'd be tired each day too! You're awesome.
Love the word art, it's so true, and beautiful, but also can be used sarcastically with a nice nose-picking photo or something. ;)


Carol said...

Way to go, Bethany! Don't know how you do it! I'd be exhausted if I just shopped as much as you do! LOL But it sure sounds like you have a good life with all your friends and family. :0) Love your word art and I, too, like the fact that it can be used with different meanings. Keep up the good work!

Kim said...

Love it! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Jan. 07, 2010. Thanks again.

*Christie* said...

Thank you for this awesome freebie!! It is shared on my new blog post at Hand Picked Freebies! :) Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 07 Jan [LA 03:00pm, NY 06:00pm, UK 11:00pm] - 08 Jan [OZ 10:00am]).

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 09 Jan [LA 03:41am, NY 06:41am, UK 11:41am, OZ 10:41pm] ).

Sharon Kay said...

this is great ... thank you

Amber said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your Wordarts!!! They are always stunning...even with just a simple phrase!!! Thanks so much for posting all of these freebies!!!

Sharon Kay said...

this is a great saying! TYVM