Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, January 14, 2010


Hi again :) How goes your week so far? Good, I hope. Thursday already? How did that happen? Days are just zooming by! I guess when you fill every possible second, time flies - hehehe.

I was up at 7am this morning, after going to bed a little after 1am. More sleep than the last few days, but still, I was tired. I couldn't quite bring myself to hop in the shower. I settled with pulling my hair back into a fake ponytail, washing off all the old make-up, and applying new stuff. I actually looked pretty good - hehehe. I had on a newer shirt I bought at Fallas for $3 (but looked more fancy that that), and the $5 leather jacket. And my high heel boots. And some big hoop earrings. It was a fun outfit :)

I dropped the kids off at school at 7:55am, and came back and got Jimmy ready. We left the house at 8:15am, leaving Jake on his last day of the semester to finish up. He got a TON of work done yesterday while we were out of the house. It's nice to be uninterrupted, I guess- hehehe.

Dropped Jimmy off at "preschool" at 8:30am, dropped Captain Americas broken phone off at the post office in the FedEx drop slot, and headed to ACS (Army Community Services) for the FRG (Family Readiness Group) training, day 2.

We had a good group of girls in the trainings. I think there were 10 of us in all. And there was actually a girl from the same battilion as me. Or is it bragade? I can never keep those right. We're in different companies, but in the same whatever is above that - hehehe. I'll get it one of these day :)

We learned about how the FRG works with the commander, and what the FRSA (the paid FRG person) does, and how to utilize them. We learned about volunteers, and how to find, recruit, and foster them. It was pretty good.

At 11:35 we broke for lunch, and I headed back home. Andrea had a doctors appointment for Luke, so lunch at her house was out. I went home and hung with Jake for an hour, and Captain America even came back for part of the time. We sat on the couch for a few minutes and chatted. Then I was back off to class again.

We were done by 2:45pm, and I headed back to CDC (Child Development Center - I think that's what CDC stands for - it doesn't look right for some reason..). Jimmy had another fun day, and came more happy today - LOL! No tears involved this time.

We drove all the way across post, out the gate, and parked FAR away from the school and walked down to pick up the kids. I've decided to let Tom join the "Extra PE" program at school, and let Tom stay with Sam, and let all the kids play at the playground, and Andrea and I can chat. I figure, since I have to leave the house anyway, and park, and be there, might as well. Make the most of a crappy situation, right? Give all the kids 45 minutes worth of outside play. Can't hurt. And Tom could use the Extra PE class.

We were home by 4:15, and I put chicken in the oven. I had a Chipotle marinade, which smelled really yummy. I started work on the Den meeting, and got some stuff gathered for it. The den leader asked if I could come and run a "sample" meeting for him. Which I gladly did. Well, gladly in the sense that I wanted to help him. Not that I necessarily wanted to be there with ALL the kids. hehehe.

We ate at around 5:45pm, and Joe worked on his homework a little bit. We were out the door to scouts by 6:30pm. But didn't leave, because people kept forgetting things. First it was "I need to go and get a paper for Webelos!", then "I forgot my coat", then "I need crayons for my homeowrk", then "I forgot to print out my Merit Badge progress". OMGosh. We WOULD have been early. Instead, we were late. But we were there :)

I ran the den meeting, and it went pretty good. We did a little activity at the beginning, had the opening (Law of the Pack, Cub Scout Promise, Pledge of Allegiance, and prayer), played a game, did an achievement, did a "construction" project (boys don't do crafts, you know), had closing, and ended with prayer. I chatted with the leader, and showed him the agenda, and how to fill it in, and where to pull the information from. I answered all his questions, and reminded him that if he wasn't going to be there, that he needed to either get a sub, or call the boys personally to cancel. No not showing up. hehehe.

It seemed FOREVER before Jacob was finished with his activity. The Cub Scouts goes from 7-7:50pm, and the boys scouts goes from 7:00-8:30. So I've got about 40 minutes to kill with 4 extra kids. Not so much fun.

We were out of there by 8:40pm, and headed back on post. I stopped for gas, and got some milk too. We've been out for DAYS. LOL! I paid more for it, but it was there. It cost me almost $90 to fill up. SO not cool. I have a 36 gallon tank. That hurts, eh? Luckily, I can get by for the whole month on that tank of gas.

I got home, and worked to get the kids all in bed. Wednesdays are hard days. With scouts being so late. Although, usually I watch the bottom 4, and Andrea takes the top 4 kids. That's a much nicer arrangement. Next week, we have a parents meeting, where we're planning the pack meeting. Then the pack meeting. Then an extra Wednesdays. We need to plan next week what we're doing...

I started designing, and Captain America got home about an hour later. Maybe it was only 45 minutes. I don't recall. Andrea and I had talked about going grocery shopping right after the kids went to school, but we both decided that we needed a quiet morning at home. Seriously. I've been SO running and going and doing lately, I don't know if I could handle a trip to the commissary :) LOL!

I do need to go over some FRG papers before our meeting tomorrow at 12:30. I'm meeting with the FRG leader at the coffee shop again to discuss some business. I had a turkey and swiss sandwich last time, and it was SO good!

Plus, I'm going to the USO for lunch tomorrow at 11am. Fudruckers is bringing in food for the soldiers and families again. We did it a few times in the summer. I'm excited :) I haven't told Jake yet, but he's gonna be excited. He likes the USO :)

Joe has Scouts at 6pm, and I'm gonna have to take the kids to "New Moon" on post. It starts at 7pm. I've been promising, and haven't been delivering. They'll definitely hold it against me if I don't. ROFL! See what happens when you make promises! It's better to be non-committal. I'm just saying.....

So, Jen of Graham Like the Cracker has another FABULOUS kit!! It's called Junior, and is just PERFECT for little boys :) She always does such a great job :) Here's a preview for ya :)

You can find it HERE in her store :)

And here's what I made for you guys! You can pick up her part by going to her blog, HERE

And you can grab my part by clicking on the links below to go to my accounts to download the PNG file :) Thanks, girls! And remember, leave some love if you like my work ;) AND leave Jen some love. She did a WONDERFUL job on her kit!!!


(both shadowed and non shadowed included in zip file)


Scrappyvore said...

Cool! Thanks so much Bethany.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jan. 14, 2010. Thanks again.

Astrea said...

cool!!!!!:) You are right!:))) I love your blog and read it every day

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 14 Jan [LA 10:50pm] - 15 Jan [NY 01:50am, UK 06:50am, OZ 05:50pm] ).

Anonymous said...

this is perfect wordart for my little boys' page... thank you for sharing!!

MonkingsMusings said...

Thank you.

Cori said...

Thank you so much. I know the perfect layout for the wordart. Thanks again.

clubiani said...

I Love this! thank you so much!