Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, March 26, 2010

Play Hard

OK, it's that time again! Friday means new stuff! I'm not releasing new stuff at Scraporchard anymore, so here's all my new products, this time at Scrapbookgraphics! Yeah! I set them for 20% off for the first week, so it's only $2 per WordArt packs for the first week. Hope you like it!

Click HERE to go to my new products at Scrapbookgraphics, Studio Bethany, Elegant WordArt by Bethany. It's gonna be quite a project loading the store with all the old products.... There's several hundred....

Anyway, you can still pick up my stuff at scraporchard until the end of the month. Did you use your coupon? It's code: storeclosingsale , and is good for 50% off my WordArts. And in case you already used that one, and want to use another one, here's another code: closingstoresale . It's the same as the other one :)

Layout by Trina
Layout by Charmaine

Wow, I'm starting work even later tonight than last night. hehehe. It's after midnight. You know what that means. Your freebie may have typos. I'll do my best, and run spell check - ha!

I was up at 6:30am, hearing Tom cough. He'd set his alarm for 6am, and was sitting at the table, reading. I don't know why he wasn't at the couch. That's where I'd be, if I were reading. But he was at the kitchen table. Right next to my bedroom. Reading. And coughing.

He'd been complaining about headaches, and an ear that felt like it had water, but was not wet. Coupled with the coughing, I called the TMC for a doctors appointment. At 6:38. Apparently it opens at 6:45am. SO, i went back to sleep for 7 minutes, and called again. They were open, and picked up relatively fast. It was a 5 minute call. We're down to 150 minutes for 12 or 13 more days worth of month. Sigh. No more talking on the phone!

They got me an appointment for Tom at 10:40am. SO, I got up, put on my exercise clothes, and went out to get the kids ready for school. I told Tom to go, that I'd come and pick him up later. Around 10am. He was good with that.

As soon as the kids left for the bus, I crawled back under the covers. I was SO tired. Jimmy came and snuggled with me for a while. He didn't wake up when Joe left the room this morning, so he was just waking up. We snuggled for a while. Neither Andrea or Veronica were texting about the walk, so I laid in my bed longer - hehehe. Finally, Andrea called. She was at a meeting for Parent Teacher conferences, and was going to the Dollar Tree afterwords. She wanted me to come with her.

BUT, I had my day packed, and couldn't. Captain America had had Staff Duty last night, and was set to get off around 9am. I needed to be home when he got home. She understood. It was her father in laws b-day today, and her and Ryans anniversary. She wanted to get some party things.

I finally dragged myself out of bed, and took a shower. It was DIVINE :) I was just finished getting ready for the day when Captain America came home. He and I hung out for a little while, before he was TOO tired to stay awake any longer, and fell asleep. He'd been up since 4:45am the day before. That's a LONG time. Like 29 hours. Glad it was him and not me, is all I have to say :)

He went to sleep, and I headed out the door to the doctors appointment. I dropped by Lauries house, and picked up the cell phone that was left there the day before. Oops. Then, I went to the school, picked up Tom, and headed for the doctor. I made it with 1 minute to spare. Or 14 late, however you look at it. They asked that I be there 15 minutes early. Oops again :)

We got in pretty quickly. She looked at his nose, and ears, and throat, and listened to his chest. She said it was just a cold, but that his nose seemed to be draining to and through his ears, and one side seemed a little red. But nothing major. She prescribed him some Nasal decongestant. And some Benadryl. And some Motrin. And some Robitussin. Thanks, Doc! I'm all stocked up on my OTC drugs, now - hehehe.

She wrote him a note, and said that he didn't have to go back to school if he didn't want to. I said he could skip, and he wanted to, so she wrote the note. He was SO excited to go home and play Wii with Jimmy - too funny :)

So I came back home, and got in an hour of designing. Or was it 30 minutes. I can't remember. It didn't feel like a lot. Wait, it was a hour. But I didn't actually design for my work, I designed for the LDS blog train. hehehe.

Hilary came over after she got off work at noon-ish, and picked me up. Captain America was sleeping, Jake was doing school, and Jimmy was occupied. I headed out. We went to Target briefly, then to the Jewelry Box. I got a few pairs of earrings, and some Fingernail Polish for girls night tonight. Hilary got a few too. I also got a package of 3 socks for a buck. Can't beat that :)

Next, we decided to go to lunch. And we decided to go and pick up Laurie. She said she'd already eaten, but we made her come anyway. We told her to just get a soda - hehehe.

We went to BJ's. It was really a good restaurant. I got a 1/2 Grilled Chicken Club sandwich and a bowl of Clam Chowder, and a garden salad with vinegar. Mmmmm, tasty. Hilary got a Turkey Cobb sandwich and a salad, and Laurie got a fruity drink. Cranberry and Pineapple. She let me taste, and it was pretty good. Tart, but I LOVE tartness :) Andrea couldn't come because she had family commitments, Veronica was in school (and not too pleased that we were playing without her - hehehe - we made plans for tomorrow with her), and Leigh was having an appointment.

After lunch, it was almost time to get the kids from the bus, so we headed home. On the way, we were talking about how crappy middle school was for us all, and I started to say that I hated Middle School. WELL, right at that time, a song by The Cure came on the radio, and Laurie and Hilary started raving about how they were the bestest band ever, and apparently they misunderstood what I was saying about middle school, and thought it was directed to The Cure. Because they were gonna leave me on the side of the road. hehehe.

I had no idea what they were talking about, only knew that they were gonna leave me on the side of the road. It was TOO funny. I was like, What? And Hilary was like, Did you just say you hated this song, and I was like, No, I said I hated middle school. Crisis averted. Scray girls - hehehe. No leaving your friends on the side of the road! LOL!

So Hilary drops off Laurie and I at my house, and we walk to the bus stop to pick up the kids. We come back to my house, use the potty, and take all the kids to the park. Veronicas kids too, because she's picking up kids from AQ. Just not Tom, because he's at home :)

Me and Laurie and Kayley end up at the park, hanging, and Hilary goes off post, gets her kids from school, and brings them back to play too. We didn't stay as long today, but we did stay until 5pm.

At a little after 5pm, I went home, and woke Captain America up. He was SUPER grouchy. Poor thing. His sleep schedule was ALL thrown off. But, we managed to get him and the 2 football boys fed, dressed, and out the door, only a little late.

I helped Joe with his homework, and sat down for some serious designing. I got one WordArt pack done, and Captain America called. He said that there was a mandatory parents class that I needed to go take. And because I'd waited so late, it was now $15, not $5. Crap!

I finished up what I was doing, herded the kids to the truck, and headed across town. Slowly. Because my truck needs to be fixed. They mechanics said don't drive it fast. So I didn't crest 50mph, much to the chagrin of many of the El Paso drivers, I'm sure :)

We got to the El Paso Sports Complex, and found the right place. The huge line of parents waiting to pay the fee. And take the class. I paid my $15, and went to find the room with the video. It was already going, and no seats. A few people squished together so I'd have a seat, and we watched the last 7 minutes of the movie. Well, that was a waste of time.

What was it, you ask? A movie about how to not yell at the coach, or fight with the parents next to you. Are you serious? You just charged my $15 to watch that? Um, isn't that common knowledge. The people who have problems with yelling at coaches and starting fights are not gonna be deterred by a 20 minute video. Waste of my time, I think...

We got there at 7pm, and we were home again by 7:30pm. I spent the next hour designing, and figuring out what I was doing in my new store. I had 3 products designing now, and I tired to upload it to the server, and add a new product to the new store.

First off, I couldn't remember my new password. I tired to reset it, but couldn't get it to work. After about 20 minute, I finally got it. Then I couldn't get the zip file attachment part to work. I think I'm too old for switching around. hehehe. No more learning new things for me. I must be the old dog that doesn't like to learn new tricks....

Captain America got home with the boys at 8:30pm, and they got all cleaned up, and put their stuff away, and Captain America apologized for being so grouchy earlier. He looked like he was doing MUCH better. Much more awake.

At 9pm, I headed to Kayleys house, and we went to Girls night at Hilarys house. It was "spa nite", and we were all bringing stuff to pamper ourselves. I brought a bag, but misplaced it someplace along the way. i think it may still be in the truck... I'll have to check....

I brought my computer, since I still had work to do, but I wanted to hang out with the girls. SO, I was kinda boring, but not too boring - hehehe.

I got 2 more WordArt packs designed, and zipped, and loaded to the store, but still couldn't figure out the server issues. I emailed the people I was supposed to email for help, and eventually we got it figured out. When I entered the server name, it needed a ftp. before the name. Oh. OK. now I know :)

Kayley had brought her massage table, and gave us all back massages, and Laurie gave one to Kayley. She's pretty good! Thanks, hon!

We laughed and talked and played and I painted my fingernails, and at about 11pm, the party started to die down. People were getting sleepy, and we headed for home. Thank, Kayley, for driving!

So here I sit, it's not almost 1am, and I'm just getting done blogging. Now I need to design something, and go to bed. Cause I'm gonna wake up tomorrow, and play just as hard! Maybe I should have "Play Hard" as my freebie? You like that?

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the pNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Vickilyn said...

I have been a fan of your word art for a LONG time!! I am a member of the SBG Studio Crew and I am THRILLED that you are now at ScrapbookGraphics!!!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 10 post on Mar. 26, 2010. Thanks again.

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the DigiFree category today [26 Mar 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Sue said...

Yes, kids do play hard! Thanks for the WA! :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for freebies. Link on your post was added to Lori's freebie list