Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, July 29, 2011

Baby Got Back

Brand spankin' new stuff in the store!!! Hurry on over, but don't shove! Click HERE to go to my store. All layouts are by Sharon.

Another busy day for me today. I woke up at 7:30am, and got Tom ready for camp again. And had him dropped off by 8am. Then we all got ready for the day, and cleaned up a little bit. And by 8:45am, we were all ready to head out for the day.

It was gonna be a Savers day again. School shopping is MUCH cheaper for 5 children when you go to the thrift store, you know :) I got some more uniform stuff for Tom, and some new jeans and shirts for Eme. And a few shirts for Joe/Jim.

And some books! I LOVE books, you know. I got a Maeve Binchy book, a Dean Koontz book, 4 Robert Asprin book (M.Y.T.H Adventures books - a FAVORITE from middle school), a Dragonlance book (Time of the Twins), a Steven King book, 4-5 Xanth books by Piers Anthony (LOVED these too!), and a few Star Wars books for Jake. Oh yeah, I found a TON of good books today :)

You wanna see the only thing I took a picture of today? Balls in a sack. ROFL! Sorry, couldn't help it...

We paid, and headed out. We were totally gonna go to Hobby Lobby today, but ran out of time. We had to be back on post by noon to pick up Tom. We'll go a different day. So we headed back home. But got there early enough to go to Free Lunch at the CDC before hand. It's a little more kid friendly than the Youth Plex.

We got food for the kids (burritos, veggies, and watermelon), and headed to pick up Tom. Then went back home. We had just enough time to get the kids situated, get Jake woke up and dressed, eat lunch myself, and head out for Jake's therapy appointment.

I totally thought I knew when we were going. But apparently I didn't. There's a HUGE office building complex across from Bassett Center, where Jimmy had his ENT consult. And that's where I thought I was taking Jake. But when I got there, it wasn't the right address. It was across the interstate. But then I took the wrong turn, and got ON the interstate, and had to go to the next exit, take the turn around, and come back, turn around again, and get on the right road. So I was about 5 minutes late. But it was all good :)

It was the intake visit, so they didn't see Jake. But I brought him along anyway. He had a book and a diet soda, so he was all good. I filled out papers, and then was seen by Mrs. Nance. Super nice lady. We talked, I told her all about Jake, and at the end, we decided that some meds would be good for Jake. As much as I don't like the thought of meds, I don't like the thought of Jake getting out of control and hurting someone. I know that he'd feel super bad about that after the fact.

Mrs. Nance said that because he's 13 and JUST now getting help, that it's gonna be a harder process. And that the meds will help out the process. She couldn't prescribe them because she's a therapist, not a psychologist, (or something like that) so she said to talk to Dr. Meyers on post. Good thing that's the guy that we already went to see a few times! We know him :)

I set up appointments for after Jake's Purple camp, and for the rest of August and September. I'm really hopeful that it's gonna work. She seems to have a good plan, and have some good techniques to teach Jake. Wish us luck!

We left the office, and headed to Walgreens. Mrs. Nance also said that Melatonin was a great supplement to help people sleep. Which Jake has issues with. Apparently, around 11 or 12, the body stops producing the, um, er, whatever it is that helps it fall asleep and tells it that it's tired. So this melatonin ought to help. Wish us luck!

Also, she said that 2 weeks before school starts, ALL of the family needs to get back on a school routine. So that's the 8th of August for us. Goodbye, sleeping in.... hehe.

We paid, and headed back towards home. But stopped by Dr. Meyers office first. He was busy, of course, but we talked to another guy who worked there, and left a message. I wanted to see Dr Meyers as soon as possible. To get some meds for Jake. And we'd been seen there in the past 4-5 months. So hopefully he could work us in fast so I could get Jake on some meds. I left my number, and we headed home.

And I hadn't been home more than an hour when Dr. Meyers called back, and said that he was gonna send a prescription for Risperidone over to the TMC. And refer Jake to the Nutritionist on post, because the drug is supposed to make kids starving all the time. And yeah, Jake SO doesn't need to gain anymore weight.

I left the kids with my Aunt, and headed to the TMC right away. I wanted to get the meds ASAP. I waited at the TMC for about 40 minutes, and finally it was my turn. I was texting with about 5 or 6 people, so I was occupied. hehe. And then I headed back home.

It as a crazy med schedule that Jake was supposed to take. Day 1 and 2, he takes 1/2 a pill. Day 3 and 4, he takes 1/2 a pill 2 times a day. Day 5 and 6, he takes 1/2 a pill 3 times a day. Then he takes 1 pill 2 times a day for the rest of the time. That's his normal dose, I guess. So today is day 1.

We did some chores, and cooked some dinner, and the kids played outside for quite a while. They played with Noah and Kayleigh on the skate boards in the driveway. Then I had Tom mow the grass. But Jake had to pick up the backyard first.

And Jake washed the truck. He wants to earn money for an MP3 player like Aunt Sues. They're $50 at Big Lots. And SUPER cool. But he doesn't have any income anymore. I told him that for every day he went without a blow up, he'd get a dollar. And then whatever else he could do for money. Like washing the truck. I think he's up to $22. Good job, Jake!

Tom decided he wanted one too. He already had the money saved up, though. From babysitting. So I have a trip to Big Lots to make in the next few days. I think I can handle it.

I had to make a trip to the Shoppette for more gas (and a soda run for the adults in the house), and helped Tom a little in the backyard. It looked SO good when it was finished. Good job, Tom! Love freshly mowed grass.

Aunt Sue and Maddie and I sat out in the backyard for quite a while watching the storm. Aunt Sue is SUPER freaked out by thunder and lightening. I was surprised that she sat out there with us. hehe. Boxer had SO much fun playing with the pointer light in the backyard. He was super tired by the time we came back inside.

We put the little kids to bed, and sat down to watch some Psych. It's now almost 11pm, and we're finishing up the 2nd or 3rd episode. I think it was the 2nd one. Aunt Sue is asleep on the couch. hehe. I'm gonna tie this up, and go give Jake his melatonin.

Night, all! Tomorrow is Friday! Any big plans for the weekend???

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Love it, Sharon! Great take on this song :)


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jul. 29, 2011. Thanks again.

Shelly said...

Awesome new word art, Bethany!!! I've already been shopping. I didn't shove, but I did grab and snatch. lol

I'm so glad that things went well with Jake's appointment and meds. I was praying for you and will continue to. Hugs!!!

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [30 Jul 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria