Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dog Day Afternoon

Hey there peeps! Welcome to the new day :) Well, for me, it's the end of the day - ha! The end of Tuesday, anyway. By the time you're reading this, it should be Wednesday, right?

I woke up a few minutes before my alarm this morning and got ready for seminary. Jake and I were on the road and on our away right on time. And Captain America Skyped me when I got to Seminary, and I got to chat with my man!!! It was a great morning :)

We chatted up until the time that Jake came out, then headed home. We had a few minutes before Tom got on the bus, then I got the little kids ready for the bus. I went into the little kids room, and the smell of dog urine was SO overwhelming that I started gagging. GROOOOSSSSS!!! I yelled at them to wake up, grab their stuff, and run out of the room, all while dry heaving. They were worried about me, so they did what I said real fast. I hurried for the door.

Yeah, we didn't go back in there the rest of the morning. We were gonna have a serious date with the steam cleaner later in the day. A SERIOUS date. SO not funny!

Anyway, the kids got ready, and we headed to the bus stop. The kids left for school, and the moms and I chatted for bit. Jake left for school, and I headed back to the house. I took a quick shower, and it was time to head to the West side for my therapy appointment.

Traffic was bad, and I was a few minutes late. Here's me waiting for my appointment. Check out my hot pink coolness! And my crazy tall socks! To hide to hairy legs! ha!


No make up today because the girls and I were going for 2 for 1 facials at 10 am :) Happy day!
My therapist was running a bit late, and failed to inform me that he'd moved his office. At least it wasn't far. Just down the street and around the corner. It was easy to find. All in all, we were about 20 minutes off schedule.

It was a good session. We talked about how my Topomax is starting to work. How it lessens the Prozac in good ways, and how it's letting my natural emotions come through in positive ways. And how it's letting the good aspects of the prozac still work. I'm pleased with it so far.

We tied up the session at around 9:30am, and I headed back to post. But not before I stopped and snapped a picture of the UPS drop box! Ha! hehe :)
I swung by post, and picked up Rebecca (our new friend from the bus stop) and Kari. And we headed off to the TriState Cosmetology School. Terra met us there. And off to the facials we went!

We filled out paperwork, then changed into our 1/2 robe things, and off we went to our relaxing facials!
The ladies who did mine were great! The one chickie was teaching the other one how to do it, so not only did I get a great facial, but I got a blow by blow explanation of what was going on. ha! It took about 2 hours total. Scrubs and massages and rinses and such. She was pretty good and thorough. I liked it :)

After we were all done, Rebecca and Terra headed home, and I got my legs waxed. See the hair? Yeah, I wanted it gone before the pedicure!!! hehe :)

And it took a LOT longer than I thought it was gonna take. My lady was SUPER fun, but super slow. SUPER slow. Poor thing. Finally, the instructor came over to help. And it went a lot faster. And they did my lip that they forgot to do last week. But since they'd just did the facial, they had to use hard wax, or something like that. Oh yeah. That hurt! hehe :)

FINALLY, I was done. I headed back up to the front and paid. Kari and I got ready for our 2 for 1 pedicures, and the laid informed us that they weren't having that special. What??? So we decided to go home. Hmpf! Fine! I guess we didn't need one, then :(

We headed home, and I dropped Kari off at her house. I was starving, so I got some lunch for myself. There was still 1 1/2 chickens left, so I picked them, and made myself a chicken salad sandwich!

See, they got MOST of the hair.

After lunch, I watched an episode of Prison Break, and decided to clean the floor boards on the little boys room. Maybe THATS part of what stinks? Couldn't hurt, right? But I needed some precautions.... This should help, right?
I went in and scrubbed for a bit, then Amanda texted me and wanted to know if I wanted to go for Happy Hour. Oh yeah. That's JUST what I needed! Sounded great!!! So I packed up, and off we went!

Here's our buddy, Bob the bum! With the belly and the crutches!
Awww, me and the Rt 44, Diet Dr Pepper, Easy Ice!
We headed back to post, and headed to the bus stop. Crystal was just getting there, so we went to chat. Veronica got there a few minutes later, and all of our friends slowly trickled in. I love our bus routine :)

I gathered up my kids, and we headed home. We all grabbed our stuff, and we headed to the library. Today's movie was the first Harry Potter movie! I was SO surprised that my younger boys LOVED it. I new that the older kids liked it, but I didn't know that the little kids liked it too? It worked out, though :)

I'd brought my laptop and Amanda had brought her memory card for her camera. We were editing pictures of Justin for Kari. We got 6 really good ones done, then I started designing some freebies for November. I got 10 done, and then it was time to go. We had almost finished Harry Potter, but not quite. It's a super long movie you know. ha!

We headed home, and I started on dinner. I made a chicken and stuffing casserole of sorts. I took 1 boxes of stuffing, 1 can of chicken broth, 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, a bunch of chopped up chicken, and some frozen veggies. And baked it at 350 until the veggies were done. It smelled SO yummy!

The kids ate mostly the chicken/stuffing part, and I took mostly the veggie part. It was pretty tasty :)


After dinner, Joe vaccumed the bedroom REALLY good, and I steam cleaned it with him. Then the kids had about 45 minutes of free time before bedtime. At 8pm, I put the little boys to bed, got the big kids to bed, and then Kari and I went on a 4 mile walk. Here's me before our walk.
After the walk, I came back home, had some fruit and raisins as a snack, and blogged and watched Prison Break. And now I'm sleepy. Jake did come out of his room at one point. And I knew he was still asleep. Because he wasn't making any sense. But he looked awake. He was ranting about needing to find a netflix movie for boxer. Um, ok. And then got mad at me for not taking him serious. hehe. Then got mad and stormed away and said I didn't care about him. hehe. He's just like his daddy when he sleep talks. ROFL!

Tomorrow, the kids have only a 1\2 day of school. Sigh. I mean, yeah for them. hehe.




Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


Great one, Sharon! Looks fantastic! I love it :)

1 comment:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 6 post on Oct. 05, 2011. Thanks again.