Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grand Illusions

Morning, peeps! I went to bed a little after 11pm last night, so I was super sleepy this morning. I had grand plans about going to Walmart during Seminary, but yeah, that SO wasn't happening. I decided to just sleep. I woke up Jake, drove on over, and totally went back to sleep. And what a good sleep it was. hehe. I was so out of it, that Jake had to wake me up when he got in the car. ROFL!

We drove back to post, got Tom off to the bus, and I got the little kids ready for the bus. And out the door we headed. I didn't have any Slim fast shakes left, so I was stuck with my Coke Zero Vanilla. Yeah SO not cutting it! hehe :)

I got the little kids on the bus, chatted with the ladies for about 10 minutes, then headed home. And because Jake had a therapy appointment at 9am, he wasn't catching the bus. So he and I got ready for the day, then headed to Walmart.

I needed a few things (including Slim Fast), so we made a very quick trip of it! It was 8:10, and we needed to be to the therapy place before 9am. We had to hurry! I grabbed the few items we needed, and paid, and we headed out.

We got to the building about 15 minutes early, so we had time to sit and eat some breakfast. Jake and I shared a peanut butter Cliff bar, and each had a slim fast. And he had an apple, and I had a HUGE nectarine. And it was SO nasty, I couldn't finish it. Maybe I'm just used to them being less ripe, and cold. I don't know, but it was gross. Jake didn't even want it.

We finished up, gathered up the trash, and headed inside. Jake met with the therapist first, and I designed about 10 freebies for November. Then it was my turn. And then the hour was up. And ff we went. I dropped Jake off at Austin, and made him go sign himself back in. And turn his signed excuse into the office. It's time he starts to learn how to do that, right? Gotta learn responsibility and independence at some point, right???

I headed back to post, and headed to Kari's house. I picked her up, then picked up Amanda. We were headed to the Boy Scout Shop today! I wanted some leader resource books, and she wanted some uniform pieces for Leo. They had older Cub Scout pants on sale for $5!!! I got some for Joe and Jim both! Can't pass that one up! Kari got a pair for Leo.

We paid and headed back to post. We dropped Kari off at home, and stayed for a few minutes to pick some tomatoes from her backyard garden. It's AMAZING back there! She's done a GRAND job with it this year!!! I couldn't resist taking a few pictures of it :)

It was almost time for the Bus. But Amanda and I decided that we wanted a soda. But I'd misplaced my ID. Luckily, I must look like a 14 year old boy, because I was able to use Jake's to get on post, but I didn't wanna chance it again, so we decided to go to the PX and get one.

And while we were there, we were given a sample of some WONDERFUL teryaki chicken from the Asian fast food place. SO tasty! And a coupon for a free soda with a meal. So, of course, we couldn't let the coupon go to waste, right? hehe. I figured that I'd bring home whatever I didn't eat to the kids. It was early release day for the kids anyway.

We ate a bit (I just ate the meat and veggies - no rice or noodles), then we headed back home. I dropped her off at home, and I went home. Tom got my left overs He was SO excited! I hung with him for a few minutes, then it was time to go to the bus. And yeah, I was LATE! I even thought I was early! Crap it!

Kari and Amanda and I stayed and visitied at the bus stop for a while and our kids played ball, then eventually made our way home. And I worked on my Cub Scouts for tonight for a bit. Did i mention that it was early release today? Kids came home at 12:30ish...

I made up a "cheat sheet" for the bobcat badge and for things that we do at flag ceremonies often. I figured it was good reminder for the kids and for the new guys :) I made it up on Photoshop and sent it to walmart to get it developed at 4x6's.
At 1:30pm, I was ready to go. I left the big kids in charge of each other, and I took Joe and Jim with me, and picked up Leo and Kari, and we headed out to Walmart. To look for Hot Wheels and a few other supplies. I'd promised the boys a race tonight if they were good. So they were gonna pick out a car.

That was the first stop. Well, once we made it past the Halloween isle. ha! That could have kept them entertained for hours. LOL. Halloween costumes and little boys are always a good time, you know :)

We went to the craft isle and got the stuff I needed to make the den flag, and the other supplies that I needed. Kari got the few items that she wanted, and we were ready to go. We paid, and headed to the truck. And JUST as we were ready to pull away from Walmart, I realized that I'd forgotten something.

THE PRINTS!!! Luckily, it wasn't that hot, so Kari volunteered to stay in the car with the kids, and I just ran back in real fast to the photo department so I could grab them. In and out in 7 minutes. So it was fast :)

We dropped Leo and Kari back off at their house and headed to our house. And I was SO excited to make me a big ole 64 oz drink of this! This is my indicator that the holidays are approaching. When the Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash hits the shelves. That's when the seasons officially start changing :) Fall is here, and Thanksgiving is RIGHT around the corner, my friends. I can fell it. AND taste it - hehe :)

And here's the flag that we rigged up. I wonder what I can do to make a base that's more sturdy?? I was thinking filling the Howdy's cup with rocks/glue????
Jim and Eme both had games tonight at 5:30pm. Only problem was that Jim's coach wanted hm there at 4:30pm for pictures. I'm not buying pictures. Are you kidding me? Those things are SO expensive! Not gonna do it. But I didn't want Jim missing from his teammates photos either.... So I showed up.

But we were rushed. We did get there at 4:30pm. And Kari was there with Josephine. And around 5:05pm, I snapped this photo when the photographer was taking the group picture.
Then I RAN back to my truck and headed back home. Kari stayed to supervize Jim and the starting of the game. I picked up Jake and Tom (in scout uniform) and Joe (in cub scout uniform) and Eme (in soccer uniform with snacks and drink for her team) and Jim. And the race track for the hot wheels. And all my supplies/materials for the den meeting. And we drove to Kari's house and got Leo (in cub scout uniform) and Justin (to drop off at his friends' house).

We drove Justin to his friends' house, then headed to the game. We were late, needless to say. Jake helped Eme carry the water bottles to her teams bench, then we joined Kari over by Jim's team.

My big boys decided to go inside and play at the Youth Center. And came back out looking all grumpy. They said they were told that they couldn't play. Oh no. That's not acceptable. Yeah, I don't know when I got so assertive. I NEVER ever used to be like this. Ever. Anyway, I left the kids on the bench, and went right in, and found out what was going on. Eventually, I had all 3 workers over talking to me, and go to the bottom of it. Apparently, there are rumors that there will be changes soon, but there are no official changes made yet. As of now, the youth center is open from 4-7pm for youth as free time. So my kids can come and play. Until I'm notified differently, my kids are welcome. Thank you very much! Take that, Main Post Youth Center. hehe.

Leo and Joe played around for the hour that the game lasted, Jim and Josephine played their game, Eme played her game, and Kari and I cheered on the teams. OK, so we sat and chatted. You caught us. hehehe. Soon, the games were over, and it was time to go home.

Or in my case, to pack up, and head to scouts :) Which is what we did. We got there about 15 minutes. Jake helped me carry in my track, and we got the room all set up. The Bears den leader didn't show tonight, so the 2 boys from that den came with me. So I had 5 boys all together. It worked out ok.

One of my wolf's has some attention issues. But he did ok. Leo and Joe seem to do pretty good, too. I think it's gonna work out great :) We all seem to get along great. We went out the bobcat stuff, and did a flag ceremony, and made a stencil, and worked on our den flag, and had a Hot Wheel race. And had a snack. All in all, it was a pretty good meeting! And it was only an hour long! See how much you can get done in an hour! Woohoo!

After the meeting, I gathered up the rest of my kids, and we headed home. I was wiped out! We got home around 8:30pm. After dropping Leo off at his house, my kids were tired too. They all grabbed a bowl of cereal, then bed time routines started.

I started blogging, and here it is, about an hour later. It's now 10pm. And I'm SUPER sleepy. I didn't even turn on prison break. That's how tired I was. I just wanted to get this blog post done and over with. Without distractions.

Oh yeah, I can't remember if I took my meds today. Is that gonna majorly mess me up, if I miss a daily dosing??? What's it gonna do to me??? My day was all jacked up today! hehe.

Tomorrow Joe and Leo have soccer games, and Kari and I may go see that new movie called "contagion". It's one I've REALLY been wanting to see. Sounded really good, and got great reviews. And it reminds me of a natural disaster movie where everyone dies. ROFL! You know how I love those - hehe :)

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

Awesome magician page, Sharon! Love the angle of the picture!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Oct. 06, 2011. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [06 Oct 09:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria