Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Calendar

Oh wow. Now that I sit down here, I realize how sleepy I am. I mean, I've been sitting here all evening, but now that I've put the kids to sleep, I'm REALLY tired. I guess the 10 pm hour hits and my body knows that it's time to go to bed, right?

Anyway, I woke up at 5:25am, and got ready for seminary. Jake and I headed out, I dropped him off, and I napped. With my new snuggle blankie. Any thoughts on a good name for it? Black short fuzzy on one side, long fuzzy on the other side....

Anyhow, soon, it was time to go home. Jake came out, and we listened to music and the morning show all the way home. We got Tom off to the bus, the little kids off the bus, and I thought that Eme was SO stinkin' cute today, and I couldn't resist snapping a picture. She's looking SO mature these days! She's the one with the pink backpack

And Joe, my naturally shy-er one, wanted to take a picture with me! And when the kid wants a picture with mom, I take one! Even if I don't look good - hehe. Here it is :) I didn't look 1/2 bad

I came home, and Jake headed to the bus about 30 minutes early. You can't miss the bus if you go 30 minutes early. Oh yeah. That's right. I'm such a mean mom. hehe. He takes it well, at least.

I did a very little bit of computer work, and at around 8:45am, Amanda texted to see if I wanted to head to the PX for an errand with her. OF COURSE! She's my errand buddy. hehe. I changed clothes, and off we went :)

I thought these were hysterical!
And Amanda was SO excited to see the new Bliss NOW magazines on the shelves!!! I grabbed a few!

And she grabbed a few! Ha!

We'd talked about going to Walmart after the PX, but decided their really wasn't time. Jim as student of the Month, and we needed to be to the school at 11:15 for lunch. Amanda was gonna eat with Austin too. Friday is the only day you can go and eat with your kid apparently. Kari goes and eats with her kids all the time, I guess. Show off (ROFL! Just kidding, Kari...)

We went to Gamestop real fast to put a game on reserve for Amanda's hubby, then headed over to the Hotel Surplus store. Friday's are their sale day to the public. Today, they had a buttload of end tables on sale for $5 a piece! And I figured that if I put enough of them together, Jake could have a Jimmy-rigged bedframe with shelves! Like this:
That's with 6 end tables pushed together. I'm so smart, huh? Oh ... hehe :) We paid, backed my truck in, loaded it up, and ditched the truck in the parking lot. We decided to take Amanda's Jeep for errands today.

We headed to Burger King on post for lunch. We got meals for the boys, and meals for us, and headed over to the school.

When you ordered a meal, you got a free cone. So here's me taking a picture of me eating a cone. And of course, after I took the first bite, I wanted a 2nd picture. So I took a 2nd picture, and the 1st bite proceeded to fall out of my mouth in the 2nd picture. ROFL! That's right, I have mad skills. It landed right on my leg. Oh yeah. MAD skills...

Jim got to sit up on the stage with the other kindergartener student of the months, and I got to sit with him.

After he was done eating, he kissed me by and went to play outside, telling me that I could finish up eating on the stage by myself. Heck no! I decided to go and join Amanda down on the main floor. ha!

She and I had a great time eating lunch with all the little kindergartners after our boys ditched us to play outside. We decided that we'd be mega popular with kinders and 1st graders. They think we're super duper cool. And like that we talk to them. Oh yeah. Big time....

Maybe we should come every Friday? It would be a big ego boost to come and hang out up here, I think! ROFL! I'm cool here!!! LOL!~
After we were done eating and chatting with all the kindergarteners, the 1st grader came in. And then the 2nd graders. And we saw Joe! And he was just sobbing. Almost hysterically! Poor kid! He said he'd lot his meal card, and couldn't remember his number. I felt SO bad for him. The principal was near, so we asked if the principal could help. He took Joe to the office and wrote the Joe's number on a card for him so Joe could use it in the meal line. And Joe got his food. Poor kid. He came back and sat by me.

We chatted with him and his buddies (2 girls), then Amanda and I headed out to the Kindergarten recess. And we saw little Jake (Maggie's kid) and his "girlfriend" hehe

And saw them back to their classrooms. And we were done with lunch. They were back in class, and we were off for our errands. Next stop, East side of town! Namely, Verizon store.

Amanda needed to see about a new battery. It wasn't holding a charge. And you all know how annoying that can be! We hate the Viscount store, so we drove on over to the East side store. And the dude was SO funny! I'd definitely go back to him again! He had GREAT customer service!

He was joking with us, we were joking with him. He was having a hard time finding a replacement battery for Amanda though. I guess they were out in El Paso, though. Or something. Who knows. He spent a lot of time calling people and not being able to get ahold of anyone. hehe. I know the feeling - ha!

Ha!We tied up with Verizon, and headed next door to Walmart. Cause we needed a few things. Like birthday presents for a 10 year old girl and and 11 year old boy. Cause you can't go to a birthday party empty handed, you know. You really can't! Ha! I picked fuzzy jammies and a jammie top for the girl, and a nerf gun for the boy. I didn't really know what to get, but just tried to get stuff that my aged kids would like. I thought that Tom and Eme would find those gifts good :)

And I thought this "hat" costume was hilarious

And I just HAD to have these.... One can never have too many bandanas....
As I was out and about, I checked my email, and saw that Captain America had received my package, and gotten my stuff with the pirate party crap in it! So he decided to pose with it all! He's such a great sport! Love it, honey :)
We got the crap on our list, and a few other things, and off we went. It was a relatively short trip to Walmart. Well, as walmart trips go, anyway. You know how it goes.

Next stop was Savers for Harry Potter stuff. Eme and Tom needed capes for the birthday party. I told you it was Harry Potter themed, right? They were SO excited!

I found this Hat, and just WANTED it SO bad. But it didn't have a tag and didn't want to mess with it...

I found this scarf in maroons and grays and hunter green and cream/yellow for eme. I thought it looked Gryfindorish for Eme too! And it was a Christian Dior! And only $0.99!

Amanda and I got cheap capes, and some other costume stuff. They had isle after isle of costumes. New and old and used and homemade and pieces and ideas and such. I need to ask the kids what they wanna be and go back, I think.

We also found graduation robes. And decided that they could be choir robes. And that the moms could dress up as the choir!!! So, whoever wanted to go as "The Choir" could pay me $2 and be part of our group for trick or treating. It'll be a good time. hehe.

We headed back to post, and met the other girls at the bus stop. Kari got her choir robe (ha!), and we chatted and waited for the kids. Then the mad dash started.

The kids ran home, and Amand dropped me off. We dropped off the one dresser that was in her car, and all the bags. And the kids got dressed for the party. And Joe got dressed for the game. And Amanda took me to my truck.

I grabbed the truck, and drove it back to the house. And we unloaded all the nightstands, and put the seats back where they belonged. And by the time we get all that craziness moved around, Jake was home off the bus.

We loaded up in the truck, and drove the 15-30 minutes around the loop to get to the kids' birthday party. Tom felt kinda weird about "inviting" himself last minute, but the mom had responded to the email last minute saying it was fine. And Tom is the BIGGEST Harry Potter geek ever that it would have been tragic NOT to have let him go - hehe.

We drove clear across town looking for the house. And luckily my phone knows where most thins are. Because I found it without any incident :)

We headed inside, and I snapped a few photos as I chatted wit a few of the other moms before I left.

Wow, this mom REALLy went all out! Harty kid. NEVER in a million years expect a party like this from your mother on a birthday. I apologize in advance. I just don't have it in my to throw a party like this for kids. I really don't.....

Ha! Anyway, I headed back to post. And drove, and drove and drove some more.

When I got Home, Jake was still working on his room. It looked TONS better!
I turned on some Prison Beak, and relaxed for a bit. Well, after we cooked some dinner, that it. We had Taxocs on Corn tortillas. Jake hated it. With a passion. He hates corn tortillas. Oh well, my friend... Such it is, sometimes.

I got Joe ready for his game, and ran him and Leo up to the game at 6:15 pm. I just dropped them off. Since Tom couldn't babysit, I didn't wanna go and take kids. So I dropped them off. And Kari was at a party and couldn't take them. So Brian (Leo's dad) is gonn pick them up on the way home from work. So I only had to leave once. Sounded good to me!

(Wow, I'm falling asleep...)

I came back home, and watched some more TV. Jake was done with his room by that point. The house was a bit messy, but he cleaned up his chores. Jim did his chores. So it was a messy house, minus 3-4 chores. But not the most visible ones... Crap.

Anyway, I hid out in my room so I didn't have to see the mess. ha! Brian brought Joe back around 7:40pm. And I didn't get a call to go and pick up the kids until 8:10. It takes about 20 minutes to get over there, I tracked it. I guess that's not horrible. So it's only 40 minutes 2 times. So that's only 80 minutes I was driving. For the whole process, that is.

I grabbed the kids, and they'd had "THE BEST TIME EVER IMAGINABLE". They'll be talking about this party for years. Probably be telling it to their children. Yeah, it was that good. Oh yeah! They got candy and play Harry POtter games. It was WONDERFUL!

Here's some of the loot they brought home. Solid Chocolate frogs. I had one!

I let the kids stay up till 10pm, playing and doing whatever while I blogged. The house is messy. Not electronics until affter chores are done and house is cleaned. I'm tired. I wanna sleep in. Hopefully sleeping tilll 8am will do. Cause we have an 8:30 appointment at the soccer field. Freaking soccer game. At least most of them are NOT on Saturdays...

Then, at noon, we're having a picnic at the water park and Amanda is taking photos of the kids for school pictures. Thanks, friend! You rock!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!

SUPER Halloween/October layout, Sharon! I love it :)


Tink said...


Stephanie said...

I love the calender ones... I use them when I make desktop wallpapers! :) Thanks Bethany!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 13 post on Oct. 01, 2011. Thanks again.

sdwrdt said...

Thank you for another calendar one. Really appreciate them!

Thoughts of Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Thoughts of Joy said...

Your makeshift bed frame is brilliant! :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [02 Oct 01:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Shelly said...

Beast came to my mind as a name for your new blanket. lol I guess because of the long fur on one side.

I missed not having any new new word art packs this week.

Thanks so much for the October calendar. I love how you make those.

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave in the DigiFree category today [02 Oct 10:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria