Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Friday, August 20, 2010

Oh Those Summer Nights

Woohoo! I have new products this week! Doesn't it feel like it's been a while? hehehe. It's been Bundles the last few times :) SO, here's they are! Enjoy!

Click HERE to go to my store to check out my new products. 20% off the first week, making them $2.00 per pack!

And, as a side note, did you know you can "Like" my products in the store? Yup, there's a Facebook "Like" button on every one of my products. Technology is amazing, don't you think?

Howdy, peeps :) Hope you all had a fabulous Thursday. They're always good at our house, cause it's Family Day, and the soldiers get off early. And Captain America really gets to come home early nowadays. Since not being XO anymore, life has been SO much better - ha!

Anyway, I started off my day with a cleaning project. A BIG one, in fact. I knew that I had to be home most of the day because of my package (PHONE!!!) coming, so I figured now was as good a time as any to rearrange the bedrooms.

I cleared a space in my bedroom, and moved Captain Americas office stuff into our room. Then cleaned out the empty office space, and moved in a kid bed. This would be Jimmy's bedroom. It's tiny, but he was SO thrilled to have his own space. Then, we cleaned out Joe and Jim's room, and moved Eme's stuff in, along with Joe's stuff. Then Tom moved his stuff into Eme's room. And Jake organized his stuff left in his room. What a pain. hehe.

So Joe and Eme are sharing a downstairs bedroom, Jimmy gets a glorified closet as his room, and Jake and Tom get their own rooms upstairs. Kids were mostly happy. But my house is kinda trashed now. Tomorrow is gonna be another cleaning project. Finish off what I started project, kinda thing :)

Captain America came home at lunchtime, and we hung for the hour he was there. AND, while he was there, MY PHONE CAME!!!!! We thought it was the neighbor kid at the door, but it was the UPS man. AND, he didn't make me sign for it. So I guess I didn't need to sit home all day after all.... Maybe it's only FedEx that makes you sign... I don't know..

Anyway, after Captain America went back to work, I headed out to meet Hilary at the mall. I needed to buy a case for my phone, and she was there getting a gift card for Old Navy. We got the few things we each needed, then headed to Sam's. I haven't been there in a while.

While there, I realized that I needed a Memory Card for my phone. It comes with one, but they were on back order. And I can't take pics without one. And I SO can't wait a week for that - hehehe. SO, I bought a little one from Sam's. Just a little 2GB one. Not too bad.

I bought crackers, and soup, and little zebra flip flops like mine for Eme. They were on clearance, and in her size. I can't believe that child is wearing a size 6/7 in womens in shoes. Dang, girl! You're gonna have your mamma's feet, I'm afraid - hehehe.

Here's Hilary and I in the check out line. Yeah, I know, the candy isle isn't a safe place to hang, but it's where the line was - hehehe.

And, note to self, I need to apply make up next time I leave the house - hehehe. I look horrible - ROFL!

After Sam's, Hilary headed home, and I went to the Dollar Tree. Here's me, testing out my camera - LOL!
I bought some household stuff at the Dollar Tree, and a few storage boxes for the kids to keep their clothes in. Collapsible boxes. Kinda cool.

I bought a box of Nutty Bars (or the equilivant) for the kids for a treat, and ate one of the bars in a 2 pack on the way home. Because I need to learn how to eat sweets again. It would have been a lot easier to just NOT eat the Nutty Bar. I sat there the whole way home debating about eating the other one. Sigh. BUT, I didn't eat the other one. OR go in the back of the truck, grab the box, and eat the other 5 packages. ha! Cause there WAS a part of me that wanted to do that :)

So far, I've had a dessert type item every day this week, and haven't gotten out of control with it. I'm pretty proud of myself for that fact. AND I haven't gone up in weight at all. I've been 140 for 3 weeks in a row now. I think that's the longest I've maintained while at 140. Woohoo!

So I got home, unloaded all of the things, and Captain America and I headed out to grab a Sonic soda. I like their ice, and their cups. But I don't really trust their soda. And again, this tasted funny this time. Captain America said his tasted like diet, so I took it.

I love you, Droid phone. Please, never leave me again...

We headed home, picked up the kids, and headed out for their schools Open House. While Captain Americaran in to get the kids, he filled up his Sonic cup with another diet Dr Pepper (cause he chugged his). He came back out, and had me taste it. I hadn't had a taste of mine in a few minutes, and I was like, yeah, it tastes the same. Then I took a swig of mine, and OH YEAH, it was regular. STUPID SONIC!!! That's it. I'm done. No more Sonic.

My stomach didn't feel too grand after that. 1/2 a Rt 44 (I guess that's 22 oz) of sugar soda. Yeah, not so helpful with the ole diet...

When we got to the school, I had Tom fill up my Sonic cup with water, and drank the whole thing. That helped a bit.

We found all the kids teachers on the list on the door, then headed to the Gym for some words from the Principal. TOO many words, in my opinion, but it was fine, I guess. 30 minutes worth of info, then on to chat with the teachers. We saw our new friends from church/the neighborhood, the Nelson's there, too. Maggie. They have a kid in Pre-K like Jimmy. We're hoping to get them in the same class, and hang at the bus stop. hehehe.

First, we went to Jimmy's class. Mrs Villa. She seemed pretty nice. We didn't stay there long. Next, off to Joe's class. Mrs McCabe. It's the teacher that Andrea's 1st grader had last year. She liked her. Strict, but awesome, teacher. Sounds good :)

Next, we went to Eme's Math/Science teacher, then to Tom's teachers. Finally, we ended up at Eme's Language/Reading teacher. I think we hit everyone. It was fast and furious. 6 teachers in an hour. Those people with only 1-2 kids probably had a MUCH easier time than me, with 4 kids in this school. Oh well.

So once we were finally done with Open House, the kids were STARVING. I didn't really feel like cooking, so we swung by Arby's on the way home. We ordered some sandwiches, and had fun eating with the kids. I had 2 of their sandwiches. Well, I ate the meat off of 2 of their sandwiches. I guess I did eat a bottom bun of one of them as one of my pieces of bread for the day. See, control :) Today I have control :)

So at one point, I look across the table, and Joe is doing this. WHaaaat? I was like, Joe, what are you doing, and he didn't answer. Just kept looking. So I looked up to see what he was gawking at...

Himself- ROFL! See how the ceiling is reflective - LOL!
We headed home, brought Jake his dinner (he's not going to this school, so didn't wanna come to to the open house), and let the kids watch a movie. Captain America and I hung for a while, then put the kids to bed. After kids were in bed, I hooked my laptop up to the big TV, and he and I sat on the couch. He worked on his laptop, and had to make a Facebook Fan Page for his battery.

We hooked up Pandora, and listened to music the whole time. AND, I found out that I don't have all of the Muse CD's after all. Whaaaaat? Who knew there were more albums!

At about 10pm, I got a text from Danielle, wanting to know if I was still up. Yup. I was designing, and loading my store, and such. She said that she'd been detail cleaning her car tonight, and the battery had died. Oops. They only have one vehicle, so she needed a jump.

So Captain America and I paused our electronics stuff, and headed over to Danielles house. I was noticing my bush/shrub by my driveway on the way out. It's TOTALLY falling over. I was wondering if I could put in a housing work order for it - LOL! See it hanging ALL in the sidewalk?
So we get to Danielles house, give her car a jump, and headed back home. And we took another look at the bush. It was getting HUGE. Captain America gathered the branches all togheter, and pushed it up. It was freakin' tall. hehehe. I held it while he went inside to look for some 550 cord.

See, here's me holding up the bush. I felt like bugs were crawling all over me the rest of the night - hehehe. AND, the neighbors decide to come home at that very moment. He rolled down his window, and was like, "Yeah, that's what I wanna see at 10:30pm, my neighbor holding up a tree". ROFL! Perfect timing..... NOT!
So Captain America tied the 550 cord around the tree, then put a big stake in the ground. He tied a bowline and a taut line hitch to rig it up. It was standing vertically by the time we were done. Captain America, you've got some mad skills with rope and bushes.

So that was our bush adventure for the night - hehehe. We came back inside, and picked up where we left off. I got all my products designed, and loaded up in my store. I started blogging for the night, and listened to Pandora some more. And got distracted on Facebook for a bit, too. ha!

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. thanks!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 7 post on Aug. 20, 2010. Thanks again.

Janice said...

Thanks so much.

Hilary-Dilary-Dock said...

I'm holding my tongue on the last bit about the bush and rope!

Marlene said...

Oooh...I just ordered two more of your word packs. LOVE THEM!!! What a steal, too! Thanks for everything you do.

deb said...

Glad you got your new Droid. Always good to have a phone you really really like! Thanks for the word art too!