Welcome to my Site

You can reach me at: bnbharty@gmail.com and I'll try my best to answer. I get a crazy amount of email, so PLEASE don't hate me if you don't hear back from me. Love ya!

Click here for my Terms of Use

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Blog Freebie Alphabet H

OK, so last night before I went to bed, I told Joe and Jim and Eme to NOT go to school when they got up in the morning. To sleep in. And for Jake to sleep in. But for Tom to go to school. Because kids had doctors appointments in the morning. And therapy appointments.

So I slept in till almost 8am. And yeah, I got up, and Eme was just waking up. But no Joe or Jim. Freaking kids. They'd totally woken up, gotten dressed, and caught the bus to school, and not told me!!!! And I don't wanna get some nasty emails about how I'm a bad parent! hehe :) Now I had to go to the school to get them before their 9am doctors appointment. Great.... Check them out after 30 minutes of school.... How does one explain that.... ha!

There goes my shower time... I got Jake awake and getting ready, and got Eme getting ready, then threw on some clothes, got ready to passable, and headed up to the school to pick up the "wayward" children... Signing them out only about 20 minutes after they got to school. Sigh.

We headed up to the doctor, and luckily, they all 3 got to be seen at the same time, and the nurse and doctor were high speed, and got us in and out within an hour and 10 minutes. And they were SUPER good with kids.
Jimmy asked the doctor if he could try out his stethoscope before we left, and he was gracious, and let him and Joe try it out. So sweet :)

The kids were stressing me out towards the end. You know how kids are. Touching things they shouldn't. Running off when they should be staying near you. Whacking each other. Being naughty. Yeah, my patience was running thin. I was supposed to get an inhalor for Eme, but I asked the lady at the counter if I could get it at the main PX instead. Sure thing, she said. So I just took the kids back to school. Thank goodness!
I dropped the kids back off at school, and realized that I'd forgotten to get the doctors note. And the school lady was super grouchy about it. Rude lady. Plus, it was early release day, so she rudely wrote ABSENT across their passes to get back to class. Rude. Did I say rude enough? LOL.

I came back home, and hopped in the shower. I had JUST enough time to get mostly ready for my 11:20am appointment at CYS. The kids needed re-registered. Sigh. It was gonna be a long busy day of appointments. I got there, and saw Terra's van. She was having an appointment already. I visited with her from behind the desk. I'm sure the ladys loved that. ha!

Soon she was done, and we chatted for another 20 minutes at least. Then she headed out. I looked at my watch, and I'd been waiting for 30 minutes past my appointment time! What the heck! I went to the desk, and ask what gives??? They'd have been SUPER mad if I'd been that late. The apologized and got me right back. I would have been mad, but the super nice woman explained how they were running behind, and yeah, things like that happen sometimes. I'm a reasonable person. Sometimes things like that DO happen.

Anyway, we got the papers filled out, the physicals that I did have filled out, and I was done and on my way to the bus to get the kids. I ended up getting there JUST before the bus got there. Oh yeah! I picked up my 3 and Kari's 2. We turned on the movie (ROFL!) and took the long way to Kari's house, letting the kids watch.... SO funny :)

We got home, did a quick chore check (I wasn't gonna, but CPT reminded us that it was important!!!), and we headed out to the pool! Did I tell you that the indoor pool is open now???? We met Kari and Liz and Julia there.

The kids played till around 3pm, and had a BLAST! The moms just sat on the benches and chatted, and we all had a great time. I think they had extra chlorine in the pool, since it had just opened. My poor kids' eyes, though. Check out Eme and Tom's eyes...

We got home from the pool at 3:15pm. I threw some chicken in the oven with 2 cans of cream of chicken soup and some broccoli and milk. Covered and baking at 350. The kids changed and we did a load of laundry. They worked on homework and then had some elecronics free time. CPT got ready to take Eme to piano lessons at 4pm.

I got ready to go and get my hair cut! I was going at 4pm. Because it was ruined. And because I like it short! hehe :) I left at 3:45pm, and stopped at Kim's house to kidnap her. She was in the shower, so I waited and showed Tim my Suburban. He thought it was pretty cool!

Cory (Kim's 4th grader) was having a rough evening, so Kim asked if he could come with her. Of course! So the 3 of us headed to the Beauty school in my suburban. Funny, because he came last time with us too - hehe :) We got there at about 4:15pm. We had to wait for about 30 minutes before the lady was available. Apparently, most of the hair dressers were away on a 'field trip'. I thought it was funny. "fieldtrip" for hairdressers. LOL :)

Anyway, I showed them a picture of the hair that I wanted, and they got to work. Chop it first, then add the color!

Chopped, no color added

Kim had to leave at around this time. Her family was going to see a movie at 7pm. Yeah, you heard right. 7pm!!! We got there at 4pm.... The beauty school may be cheap, but it's slower than molasses!!! Tim and kids came to pick up Kim and Corey... And I was left there... Also, I had Kari take my boys to Scouts, since CPT was working on a project...
Lets play with color!!!
Holy blond highlites, batman!!!

And, I had to text Kari and have her pick up my boys from Scout TOO!!! What the heck! I didn't get home until 9pm. It takes forever to get pretty. Thanks, Kari, for being AWESOME!!!
$50, and 4 1/2 hours later, what do you think???? New hair!!!!! I love love love it!!!!!

I got home at the same time that Kari was dropping off the boys. It was a mad house getting everyone to bed. CPT was a little grouchy because he was trying to get his dress blues uniform ready for his official photo tomorrow am. It has to be JUST RIGHT. And there were kids all around. And I'd just ditched him for like 5 hours. Sorry, honey. Beauty has a price. hehe. But no, I know it was bad timing on my part.

Anyway, it's now 11pm. I'm sleepy, but the blog is done. And I'm still LOVING the new hair. Should have cut it off long ago. Short hair makes me happy. *giggles*

Click on the link below to go to my account to download the PNG file, and leave some love if you like my work. Thanks!


CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Feb. 09, 2012. Thanks again.

marsie55 said...

Thanks for the letter H!! LOVE THAT HAIR!!!!!! And what a great price, too. I live in Australia, and I pay $175 for a TRIM (not a styling hair cut, just a trim!) a base colour and half a dozen "alfoils" (blondish highlights) Crazy!! If ever I get to America I'm coming to see you .. you are a great shopper, he he he.

scoobie81 said...

I LOVE it! I'm a "short hair" person, too! Even if DH always wants me to grow it longer! Heck he has a buzz cut...I tell him that if he'll grow his to halfway down his back, so will I! LOL Thanks for the "H"!

Sandy_in_MD said...

Your hair looks fantastic!

iamtang2 said...

Love it!!! It makes you look so much younger...Fun and sassy!!!

CrystalNVa said...

Oh sorry I forgot to mention :
I LUV YOUR HAIR !!! short is the way to go :~}